Thank you Don Don!

TxHoops

Northam actually gained ground in the upper middle class to wealthy, educated white voters who have become somewhat of a “swing vote” group in today’s politics while losing ground in the non-college graduate, white voting block.  More indication that this election cycle may have followed the Trump Train.  

This is the hidden content, please

50 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Congrats to the Dems- now if you care to extrapolate those results out to the rest of the state legislatures, the U.S. House and U.S. Senate , and the Presidency, I guess it is time for a certain faction of the U.S. Population to plan for their turn at "resistance"

They can make ground in 2018, but they better not show up in 2020 with a Hillary or Bernie.

57 minutes ago, six burg said:

They can make ground in 2018, but they better not show up in 2020 with a Hillary or Bernie.

I'm curious who they'll show up with.  Hillary, Bernie, and Biden are all you hear about.  I keep waiting for a young Dem to start stepping up.  But I agree, Hillary or Bernie won't win.  Biden?  He might, but he's kinda like Trump, his mouth is his worst enemy.

2 hours ago, stevenash said:

I guess I just didnt get excited enough that two Dems in Blue states won their respective governorships.   I dont find that any more exciting than the Repubs winning four special election seats after Mr. Trump was elected

Shhh...we want them to think they're doing great.

Keep it up Dems...don't change nothing.

the media has told them and they are telling themselves that these two elections represent total repudiation of Mr. Trump and his policies.  As Mr. Bannon once said, they all live/congregate/socialize  near each other and continue to tell each other what the other wants to hear.  I think that is what was going on when all of the "polls" were "indisputably" and overwhelmingly telling of a Clinton election victory.

I was referring to the headline of the thread rather than the content.  As for the results, I think I will give it a little longer before I declare it a trend.  The two governorships would had the same outcome they would have had, in my opinion, regardless of who occupies the Presidency.  I also believe that both states voted in favor of Clinton in the general presidential election. 

And there were multiple GOP candidates I would have been fine with, and even voted for one in the primaries.  The thread title was more for effect than anything personal.  In fact, I hope the President doesn’t set in motion an overreaction across the mean, which I fear he is capable of doing.  Although I like to provide some “balance” to this board (including attempting to stir some of you up), I fully appreciate the importance of the GOP (and more importantly the conservatives) in terms of the fiscal future of this country.  At least if they practice what they preach...

6 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I was referring to the headline of the thread rather than the content.  As for the results, I think I will give it a little longer before I declare it a trend.  The two governorships would had the same outcome they would have had, in my opinion, regardless of who occupies the Presidency.  I also believe that both states voted in favor of Clinton in the general presidential election. 

I don’t disagree and also didn’t find the results surprising.  The exit poll numbers were the most revealing to me.  But also don’t disagree with the “it’s too early to declare it a trend.” 

20 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

And there were multiple GOP candidates I would have been fine with, and even voted for one in the primaries.  The thread title was more for effect than anything personal.  In fact, I hope the President doesn’t set in motion an overreaction across the mean, which I fear he is capable of doing.  Although I like to provide some “balance” to this board (including attempting to stir some of you up), I fully appreciate the importance of the GOP (and more importantly the conservatives) in terms of the fiscal future of this country.  At least if they practice what they preach...

Therein lies the problem.

38 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Were you really that surprised though? Two Democrats win in two states known for being "Blue"

46 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I don’t disagree and also didn’t find the results surprising.  The exit poll numbers were the most revealing to me.  But also don’t disagree with the “it’s too early to declare it a trend.” 

^

|

53 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

If my memory serves me correctly, the "exit polls" prematurely conferred the Presidency to Mrs. Clinton.

The biased liberal media always over reacts anytime a dimocrat wins or loses an election. They have been wrong about just about everything politically for a long time now.  Now they are trying to convince everyone that the nation has turned against President Trump because a couple of dimocrats win elections in blue states and it's all over for republicans.  Only the gullible buy into this liberal nonsense ...

1 hour ago, jv_coach said:

I heard a guy say that Virginia is important to look at because for some reason it makes a good sample slice of what America is thinking and what direction she is leaning politically. 

Wonder what that guy thinks about the fact that Virginia is blue and rarely deviates from that position.  I believe Virginia voted strongly for Mrs. Clinton which, apparently, did not reflect what America was thinking.  Did that guy offer any reason why Virginia is more reflective of American thinking than any other state (s)?