Best Tennis Coaches in the Area?????

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

All coaches at ELITE TENNIS ACADEMY. Tony Fusilier in particular. He's put out more ranked USTA players than anyone else in the area. 2 super champs, 7 champs, and countless good ZAT players. All those people saying he's cocky and overrated are jealous. And who ever said that his kids can't hit backhands????? Kenton Boone- hits a backhand harder than most kids' forehands. Clement Wehner- best one hander in the area. And no one from buna is playing college tennis.

• 4 weeks later...

Zach Carrell is another great coach, he doesn't teach hardly any kids around here but he has produced 4 supers, every guy that has taken lessons has become a champ sometime in their career(maybe around 20).  He as 5 kids that are playing college tennis and maybe one on the way.  Has had 17 state qualifiers in  UIL not llike Taps where you make it to the semis in district you make it to state.  No you have to be 1 or 2 in district followed by being 1 or 2 in regionals.  Little harder makeing it to state in UIL. 

Zach has coached at ELite Tennis Academy and he told us that he coaches kids in houston every other weekend. So i guess he is so good of a coach that he coaches his kids 4 days and month and they are ranked usta players? hell no. he just helps out at some high school. those kids have a full time coach and its not him.

Hey Bug, I can assure you that Zach coaches every Friday thru Sunday in Houston. He also does 6 weeklong summer camps in Houston. I can also assure you that all of his players only take lessons from him. He has multiple players that are USTA ranked, If you would like I can list all of them.

Does Zach Carrell Count for this area? If you talking about the area coaches, then i dont think i would count him, but he sounds like a good coach. As for the ETA, i would not put one of their coaches in the top 5. Heres how my list turns out.

1. Ron Wesbrooks

2. Aldrin Campos

3. Jerry Creamer

4. David Wong

5. Jorge Lopez

And i have seen or taken from almost every pro in southeast texas, including the ETA's coaches.

• 2 weeks later...

youre always bashing about everybody on here, especially scott & tyler. youre not even better than any of them. they beat you & that weiner kid like 3 different times, so from those statistics..who's better than you?...SCOTT & TYLER!!! :D it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. & plus you talk about how GREAT the elite tennis academy is..yall didnt even make it further than tyler & scott did, so..once again..they're better than you! admit it!

hahahahahahaha oh athlete 5 you crack me up. Look lets get down to brass tax here, in reality this year we all know who the best players were and weren't. Some people just like to get on here to talk crap about stuff that doesn't even matter. Now let me tell you this, i am on NO side.

But lets look at the whole thing. If we are arguing about who is the better players out of Scott/Tyler and Boone/Wehner, then i would give the doubles award to Scott and Tyler they proved it by going to the state finals. In singles though, it is a different story. I would put Boone and Scott having a good match, and the same on Tyler and Wehner. I think they are all 4 real close in the category. You need to all 4 get together play a few games, determine this and then we will know the truth. If you want to know the real TOP players this past year, you need to look at Deaver, Desai, Minick, and Bug. But these four are close behind. PLAY AND THEN TALK SMACK! And let me give you a lil secret to all those trying to get better and beat the people who are on top. You might want to play the people who are better than you to get yourself up to par. Then you might stand a chance!

well sportsfan07, u must have never seen tyler play singles..i personally know this kid & he can play singles just as good as he can play doubles. ive seen wehner play singles &....he's not that good. i would compare his strokes as a crippled kid trying to hit a ball. if he was so good at singles then why did he play in 2 jv singles tournaments???? ???

Athlete5 makes sense, but just so everyone knows, I'm not bashing anyone. The academy guys are very good, that's true. And all I was stating from the beginning is that if you don't know what you're talking about then don't say it isn't true, stick to talking about your own town like you always do.

well sportsfan07, u must have never seen tyler play singles..i personally know this kid & he can play singles just as good as he can play doubles. ive seen wehner play singles &....he's not that good. i would compare his strokes as a crippled kid trying to hit a ball. if he was so good at singles then why did he play in 2 jv singles tournaments???? ???

sportsfan07 is right. Tyler came to ETA once or twice with Scott to play doubles. I saw him hit for awhile before the match.  Wehner who is in champ 18 would more than likely destroy you. and the reason he played 2 B draw tournaments is because you can only have 2 players in A draw from the same school. Bug and Kenton played a draw singles thats why.

sportsfan07 is right. Tyler came to ETA once or twice with Scott to play doubles. I saw him hit for awhile before the match.  Wehner who is in champ 18 would more than likely destroy you. and the reason he played 2 B draw tournaments is because you can only have 2 players in A draw from the same school. Bug and Kenton played a draw singles thats why.

uh..i dont know what youre smokin bug, but tyler word would whoop weiner like a red headed step son. i heard weiner almost lost to a girl that went to the academy in a tie break..scott massacred weiner in the consolation finals at some tournament like 1 & 1, & tyler can beat scott..so i really think weiner has no chance against tyler or scott..but when he stops playing like a 2 year old girl, call me & i'll get a hold of tyler to play him & then yall will see that he's better than him. 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder