What the heck.... Lets give the people what they want..........MCM 2017

Stattrax

1 hour ago, biaplayer said:

I guess when the clock strikes o.oo and there is no time left, the dogs will be crying and the Indians will Be smiling.
Im sure there will be excuses, the Refs, the trick plays, Illegal holding calls that took away touchdowns. Shoulda woulda coulda, we have a 6 year streak but in the end that is all you will have to hold on to is a 6 year streak. yall keep living in the past, this is the present and there is a purple and white tribe coming to Invade Nederland Friday night. Lets go ahead and hear yalls excuses now. Lets see how colorful and creative the Bulldogs can be.

We've won enough over the past 6-7 years to know that the better team wins.  Unless we have a PNG receiver shove a DB to the ground and then immediately celebrate with his lineman downfield... then we'll have to discuss.

30 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

We've won enough over the past 6-7 years to know that the better team wins.  Unless we have a PNG receiver shove a DB to the ground and then immediately celebrate with his lineman downfield... then we'll have to discuss.

there you go living in the past again. That is all the bulldog faithful are good for, we won 6 years in a row. Well after this Friday PNg will be 2-0 in the last two meetings. Gonna give yall a loss on your field just to add a lil insult to injury. Sorry last year or the 6 before it don't matter, all that matters is this week and the end result, a bulldog loss!

there you go living in the past again. That is all the bulldog faithful are good for, we won 6 years in a row. Well after this Friday PNg will be 2-0 in the last two meetings. Gonna give yall a loss on your field just to add a lil insult to injury. Sorry last year or the 6 before it don't matter, all that matters is this week and the end result, a bulldog loss!

Legend Killer!!!!

So Png is the only one allowed to live in the past when it benefits them?  Gotcha.   Seems like there was a whole lot a whining going on from the purple people when that streak was going, and the last 20 or so years too.  :)

16 minutes ago, bigdog said:

So Png is the only one allowed to live in the past when it benefits them?  Gotcha.   Seems like there was a whole lot a whining going on from the purple people when that streak was going, and the last 20 or so years too. 

only ones gonna be whining is the bulldog faithful along with PAK after the streak goes to 2-0 PNGs way:)

2 hours ago, biaplayer said:

I thought it was pretty clever.  I never take anything away from a team that beats us, that's what being a winner is all about.

1 hour ago, bulldawg64 said:

Never said neds defense

we will go as far as the offense will take us, Defense just needs to make a few stops here and there. There isn't no one here who can honestly say we have bragged about or defense, bless their hearts they try though which Is all I can ask for.

4 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

lol its all about what he wants to do. I wouldnt mind going to a game though and taking a tour

I'm a Texas fan out of necessity, because I live with one..lol I have a hallway that's burnt orange. But out of all the schools, I can see him at Alabama. He would step right in to Hurts shoes and the #2 Jersey. All they do is win. When are they coming to PNG? lol

4 minutes ago, NDNation said:

I'm a Texas fan out of necessity, because I live with one..lol I have a hallway that's burnt orange. But out of all the schools, I can see him at Alabama. He would step right in to Hurts shoes and the #2 Jersey. All they do is win. When are they coming to PNG? lol

Alabama has a kid lined up already I believe. Havent heard anything from that camp. Surprised LSU took as long as they did being 3 hours away and in need of qb help. We'll see it all play out though

Too bad both teams can't win. I have so much respect for Nederland (despite a general hatred that lasts for seven days once a year). They'll be ready to make a game of it. I hope isn't a blow out (on either end). In the greatest rivalry in Texas (Who are we kidding, the greatest high school rivalry in the WORLD), I want to see a duel, not a massacre.

That being said, there seems to be a general assumption that Nederland's defense is better than PNG's. They do have the 13 points given up against Memorial on their resume, but other than that the defensive performances have been similar. At this point we have played the same district opponents, and both teams have given up 112 and 113 points, respectively (don't remember which one is which). If anything, the defenses are equal. Nederland also has yet to defend a true passing offense in this district (though one could argue that Nederland's offensive attack is the second most consistent, so PNG also has its hands full). 

I have trouble accepting the idea that PNG's defense is objectively bad. We have played well in every game, stepping up respectably against Memorial, the second best team in the district. There are certainly better defenses out there, but when I look at scores across the state, a lot of really good teams give up comparable points. This defense has weaknesses, but they are consistent, they tend to tackle well, and they fly around. We are more than up to the task against Nederland. Now we just have to see how the ball bounces.

Wishing both teams the absolute best of luck. And I hope Nederland appreciates the honor of being defeated by PNG :) Jk, but seriously.

2 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Too bad both teams can't win. I have so much respect for Nederland (despite a general hatred that lasts for seven days once a year). They'll be ready to make a game of it. I hope isn't a blow out (on either end). In the greatest rivalry in Texas (Who are we kidding, the greatest high school rivalry in the WORLD), I want to see a duel, not a massacre.

That being said, there seems to be a general assumption that Nederland's defense is better than PNG's. They do have the 13 points given up against Memorial on their resume, but other than that the defensive performances have been similar. At this point we have played the same district opponents, and both teams have given up 112 and 113 points, respectively (don't remember which one is which). If anything, the defenses are equal. Nederland also has yet to defend a true passing offense in this district (though one could argue that Nederland's offensive attack is the second most consistent, so PNG also has its hands full). 

I have trouble accepting the idea that PNG's defense is objectively bad. We have played well in every game, stepping up respectably against Memorial, the second best team in the district. There are certainly better defenses out there, but when I look at scores across the state, a lot of really good teams give up comparable points. This defense has weaknesses, but they are consistent, they tend to tackle well, and they fly around. We are more than up to the task against Nederland. Now we just have to see how the ball bounces.

Wishing both teams the absolute best of luck. And I hope Nederland appreciates the honor of being defeated by PNG :) Jk, but seriously.

That's a hot take, well broken down, maybe not well received with the facts and all

On 11/3/2017 at 10:05 PM, Stattrax said:

Very difficult to compare because of how the game has changed. Offensively I think this is one of the better PNG teams. As a whole, more than likely not a top 10 team due to defense and special teams.

I think the best team we had was Dustin Long 99 state team! We were strong in every area! Defense was great along with offense and special teams!