District 11-3A 2017

waterboy6890

9 hours ago, Turn back the clock said:

That’s hard to imagine since KOUNTZE was only your 2nd win.  The other was against a pathetic Palestine Westwood team.  He will only have one more opportunity to do this after a victory (Warren).

I think we all can agree Kirbyville probably beats Trinity as well. But other than Trinity, Kountze, and Warren Kirbyville probably won't win another district game.

I think we give Buna a game and wouldn’t be a bit surprised if we beat them. Now Coldspring I know nothing about other than they should be a 4a Division 2 school and they usually have some athletic kids and some size. Not saying we can beat them but we give them a game. Folks in Kirbyville have grown accustomed to 8-2 or 7-3 every year. This is a rebuilding year for us and probably next year also. Like Joel Embiid for the Sixers “ trust the process” our time will come. 

4 hours ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

What does a starting RB have anything to do with giving up 48 in the second half? They scored just as many in the last three quarters without him as they did in the first with him....

I think he's a star on their defense as well. I only counted about 17 or 18 kids suited out on Kountze's sideline so losing one...especially a key player... will affect both sides of the ball.

3 hours ago, Turn back the clock said:

My predictions after week 2:

1) Woodville

2) Coldspring

3) Buna

4) Trinity 

5) Kirbyville 

6) Kountze

7) Warren 

Which prediction is wrong?

I still think Kirbyville beats Trinity. The Kats aren't a bad football team. They're just young, have a brand new system and coaching staff, and lack the size to win this district. They still have the athleticism and fanbase to make the playoffs. Not to say that it will be an easy win against Trinity. But unless the Tigers have improved exponentially since last year, I still see Kirbyville winning a close game with them when they play. 

Other than that, they look pretty accurate. Woodville should win the district. CS is solidifying their case for 2nd. Buna is, in my opinion, solid enough to beat the bottom 4 on this list, but lack the athleticism to put up the points to compete with Coldspring, much less Woodville. Warren/Kountze could be a good game if Adams is still out. 

Woodville owns this district right now. Beyond that, I see CS, Buna, Trinity and Kirbyville slugging it out for the remaining 3 spots. Trinity was counted out, until this past Fri when they dismantled a team that fought to the end in a game with Kirbyville. They deserve to be mentioned as a contender. 

Nobody is as dominant in this district as Woodville is right now, but other than that....spots 2, 3 and 4 are very much open. I see some pretty good games coming up.