District 11-3A 2017

waterboy6890

I was pretty much spot on. 

Woodville beat warren 49-0

kirbyville beat Kountze 36-32 

buna beat trinity 26-13

coldspring beat Crockett 22-16 (I thought it would be worse than this score. 

Still going to be interesting. Now I believe the 2nd seed is definitely up in the air for Buna, Coldspring, Kirbyville, Kountze, and trinity. It’s going to be very interesting to see how this one plays out. 

Woodville has my respect. They are going to take this district easily. As far as them being a top 10 team in the state, Idk. I think they need to do a little more proving of themselves on a statewide level before giving them that kind of distinction. Like, advancing beyond the 3rd round of the playoffs...or maybe even playing (and beating) higher profile teams. I know Kirbyville was fielding some very good teams for several years in a row, but we didn't start getting that kind of respect till we starting beating teams like WO-S, Newton, Carthage, etc...and were also making runs to the state championship. We had to start somewhere though. Woodville does too. Idk if they'd compete with some of the other top 3A teams, but I do know they will beat everybody in this district. After that, let's wait and see what they do in the playoffs.

15 hours ago, WildcatBacker said:

Woodville has my respect. They are going to take this district easily. As far as them being a top 10 team in the state, Idk. I think they need to do a little more proving of themselves on a statewide level before giving them that kind of distinction. Like, advancing beyond the 3rd round of the playoffs...or maybe even playing (and beating) higher profile teams. I know Kirbyville was fielding some very good teams for several years in a row, but we didn't start getting that kind of respect till we starting beating teams like WO-S, Newton, Carthage, etc...and were also making runs to the state championship. We had to start somewhere though. Woodville does too. Idk if they'd compete with some of the other top 3A teams, but I do know they will beat everybody in this district. After that, let's wait and see what they do in the playoffs.

Good point and I respect that. Pass defense will be the key!!

Woodville along with everyone else in this district will be bounced in the 2nd round. The problem is when you get deeper in the playoffs and face the good spread teams ( Cameron Yoe, Malakoff, Rockdale, etc.) this district cannot defense those teams. They don't see this type of offense during the season and don't have the secondary personal to defend against it. We see this year after year. Example: a really good Woodville team against Cameron Yoe last year wasn't even close

42 minutes ago, jwbassman said:

Woodville along with everyone else in this district will be bounced in the 2nd round. The problem is when you get deeper in the playoffs and face the good spread teams ( Cameron Yoe, Malakoff, Rockdale, etc.) this district cannot defense those teams. They don't see this type of offense during the season and don't have the secondary personal to defend against it. We see this year after year. Example: a really good Woodville team against Cameron Yoe last year wasn't even close

Couldn't have said it better myself 

If that is the case and Woodville goes out in the second round it is time to clean house again. With the athletes Woodville has there is no excuse for a poor pass defense. Yoe rockdale Teague all are much weaker and will not make it more than 2 rounds Malakoff and Jefferson are the only ones in woodvilles way .

1 hour ago, longball24 said:

If that is the case and Woodville goes out in the second round it is time to clean house again. With the athletes Woodville has there is no excuse for a poor pass defense. Yoe rockdale Teague all are much weaker and will not make it more than 2 rounds Malakoff and Jefferson are the only ones in woodvilles way .

I've watched Yoe. They will make it more than 2 rounds.Teague likely won't .

1 hour ago, longball24 said:

Yoe and Rockdale are both down this year. But something about Yoe when the playoffs start they are a whole new team. 

week 2 in district play!!!

Buna - BYE

Kountze/Trinity  - As of right now this will be the battle for 5th and 6th place. Could be a close game but I am thinking Kountze offense will be to much for Trinity. Now, will the Lion defense be able to make some stops and be respectable? Trinity is 0-5 but played a tough schedule. This could be the game that wakes them up and makes them compete for a playoff spot. I am going to say this, whichever team loses this game, will basically be OUT of the playoff picture.

Kountze- 41

Trinity - 22

Woodville/Kirbyville - Well, it is Woodville... Best bet for Kirbyville is to just make sure none of theri main players get hurt!! Seriously though, this will be just as bad as the Warren score. 

Woodville- 51

Kirbyville - 0

Coldspring/Warren - Unless something weird happens, I am pretty sure Coldsprings takes care of this game pretty easily. I do not think Warren will be able o slow CS RB down one bit. Warren might get a lucky TD in this game, but not enough to compete with CS. 

Coldspring - 43

Warren 6

36 minutes ago, waterboy6890 said:

week 2 in district play!!!

Buna - BYE

Kountze/Trinity  - As of right now this will be the battle for 5th and 6th place. Could be a close game but I am thinking Kountze offense will be to much for Trinity. Now, will the Lion defense be able to make some stops and be respectable? Trinity is 0-5 but played a tough schedule. This could be the game that wakes them up and makes them compete for a playoff spot. I am going to say this, whichever team loses this game, will basically be OUT of the playoff picture.

Kountze- 41

Trinity - 22

Woodville/Kirbyville - Well, it is Woodville... Best bet for Kirbyville is to just make sure none of theri main players get hurt!! Seriously though, this will be just as bad as the Warren score. 

Woodville- 51

Kirbyville - 0

Coldspring/Warren - Unless something weird happens, I am pretty sure Coldsprings takes care of this game pretty easily. I do not think Warren will be able o slow CS RB down one bit. Warren might get a lucky TD in this game, but not enough to compete with CS. 

Coldspring - 43

Warren 6

You’ve lost your mind we are not Warren hand

7 minutes ago, waterboy6890 said:

Kirbyville is much better than Warren. What I am saying is the score will be about the same. Woodville is amazing this season..Size, Speed, Athleticism, skill, coaching... 

We will see but it won’t be 51-0 or as bad as they want I can assure you that. I’m thinking a couple touchdowns favorite not 7

27 minutes ago, Turn back the clock said:

All I have to say is the Kirbyville supt. will not be leading the band to a victory celebration like he did Friday night during a 4 point win over KOUNTZE.  My how times have changed in Wildcat land.  Smh for numerous reasons.

He does that every week good luck this week coach