Barbers Hill 45 Friendswood 28/FINAL

WOSgrad

47 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

write up from the game. Cauthen threw for 415 yards!!  While BH had 512 yards total offense.

This is the hidden content, please

Kinda funny. All I heard was BH was going to need athletes moving in before ole TW could be competitive. Well all I see is a bunch of BH kids been there forever throwing up huge numbers. Dang near 200 yds receiving in 1 game is crazy and Cameron seems to be just getting better. Congrats again.

Pride , I gave up on that years ago trying to explain that you don't need DIV 1 recruits on your team to be successful. Don't get me wrong they are nice to have, but there are a lot of teams that have these so called athletes that cannot succeed because of there coaching. The kids at BH are very disciplined and have great community support..you get a good coach and things start clicking. Yall are well aware of that and we are just beginning to learn the value of what a good coach can bring to a team.

On 9/9/2017 at 10:40 PM, bronco pride said:

Cracks me up. All I heard when I said TW would have BH turned over in no time was BH needed all these transfers. Well that qb was just sitting there waiting for a coach. Coaching coaching coaching in that order wins games. Cameron is a great kid and I'm happy he is getting to show what he can do.

When he does get those "move ins" or whatever you want to call them, that's when when you'll be talking about a deep playoff run, not just competing for a district title.  I'm one who said that, but I also picked them to win the district this year.

1 hour ago, CougarCal said:

When he does get those "move ins" or whatever you want to call them, that's when when you'll be talking about a deep playoff run, not just competing for a district title.  I'm one who said that, but I also picked them to win the district this year.

I agree with you. Only difference is I believe winning a couple rounds in the playoffs is more than in their reach this year. I consider getting to the 3rd round a nice playoff run. I think in the next 2 or 3 years they will be looking at State Championship runs. 

On 9/10/2017 at 4:59 PM, BHFAN said:

Pride , I gave up on that years ago trying to explain that you don't need DIV 1 recruits on your team to be successful. Don't get me wrong they are nice to have, but there are a lot of teams that have these so called athletes that cannot succeed because of there coaching. The kids at BH are very disciplined and have great community support..you get a good coach and things start clicking. Yall are well aware of that and we are just beginning to learn the value of what a good coach can bring to a team.

I think there are DIV 1 recruits inside of every district.  They are there.  It takes the right culture to seek, equip, and support them.  That comes from coaching.  There will always be kids that have talent and would stand out no matter where they are.  The right culture can coach up kids that would usually fade into the roster.  

Kids are kids.  Nobody is feeding kids anything different or have some kind of genetic booster in the water.  It is cultures that enforce the correct habits and behaviors that help these kids shine.  

BH has had a culture shift that has trickled down to the JH level.  I saw BH coaches actually coaching hard for JH track meets this spring.  A marked increase over some recent years.  I see far too many JH coaches coasting and that stinks.  The kids can tell when the coach is just going through the motions.  

Critical rule of leadership -  Teams will copy the leaders behavior before the leaders strategy.  

34 minutes ago, texbuzz said:

I think there are DIV 1 recruits inside of every district.  They are there.  It takes the right culture to seek, equip, and support them.  That comes from coaching.  There will always be kids that have talent and would stand out no matter where they are.  The right culture can coach up kids that would usually fade into the roster.  

Kids are kids.  Nobody is feeding kids anything different or have some kind of genetic booster in the water.  It is cultures that enforce the correct habits and behaviors that help these kids shine.  

BH has had a culture shift that has trickled down to the JH level.  I saw BH coaches actually coaching hard for JH track meets this spring.  A marked increase over some recent years.  I see far too many JH coaches coasting and that stinks.  The kids can tell when the coach is just going through the motions.  

Critical rule of leadership -  Teams will copy the leaders behavior before the leaders strategy.  

Man you hit the nail on the head.

I agree that having D1 recruits is not the utopian situation some would think.  I'd guess that most of the 22 players starting on defense for UT and A&M are D1 recruits, and they gave up a combined 96 points on 9/2, to two schools that were not suppose to be that good.  Was that all coaching, or maybe some of those D1 recruits are not really that good?  I know Colleges, like speed, agility, and size, but unfortunately there's no way to measure determination and heart.