KIrbyville at Bridge City Scrimmage/Post comments here!

WOSgrad

The rain held off long enough for us to host Kirbyville in a scrimmage. I thought that our defense looked solid.  Our offense looked better than they did last week. If my count was correct, BC scored 4 times and Kirbyville didn't score. 

Things got a little chippy late in the "game," which is a little surprising for a scrimmage. The kids from Kirbyville never gave up... it just seems like the transition to the triple option is proving a little difficult for the Wildcats. 

Can anybody from K-ville tell me how y'all felt about the scrimmage, specifically how a Kirbyville fan would grade their progress so far? I know that the recent games (and scrimmage last year) have been competitive, even if BC came out on top. This year didn't seem very competitive, and I don't think it'd because we're that awesome. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

The rain held off long enough for us to host Kirbyville in a scrimmage. I thought that our defense looked solid.  Our offense looked better than they did last week. If my count was correct, BC scored 4 times and Kirbyville didn't score. 

Things got a little chippy late in the "game," which is a little surprising for a scrimmage. The kids from Kirbyville never gave up... it just seems like the transition to the triple option is proving a little difficult for the Wildcats. 

Can anybody from K-ville tell me how y'all felt about the scrimmage, specifically how a Kirbyville fan would grade their progress so far? I know that the recent games (and scrimmage last year) have been competitive, even if BC came out on top. This year didn't seem very competitive, and I don't think it'd because we're that awesome. 

That's an offense that takes longer than a month to even half way run correctly. Seems like BC front line had wider splits and get down field blocking something Kirbyville isn't doing. I thought our defense played ok. Honestly I hate the new offense and we are just not running it real well. We won't be competitive offensively until we can run it plain and simple ( that may be next year). BC had some speed and liked to come up and hit you defensively. Taking nothing away from them but when you know where we are going every play it makes things easier playing defense. We can only get better ( I hope) but I really feel like this will be a long year for us. That #14 could pick them up and put them down with the best, a real burner.  

Yeah... I'm not gonna lie. I felt bad for the K-ville kids last night. With all of the drama over the vice principal, coach Neece and much of his staff leaving, and a whole new scheme, it has to have been a rough few months. I wondered if a lot of kids had dropped out of the program. 

I thought the little scuffle was the best part of the evening for you guys... sometimes you just gotta let 'em know that you're not going down without a fight. 

25 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Yeah... I'm not gonna lie. I felt bad for the K-ville kids last night. With all of the drama over the vice principal, coach Neece and much of his staff leaving, and a whole new scheme, it has to have been a rough few months. I wondered if a lot of kids had dropped out of the program. 

I thought the little scuffle was the best part of the evening for you guys... sometimes you just gotta let 'em know that you're not going down without a fight. 

I want to say about 60 -70 kids came out. 

31 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

He's a menace. Lol.  

Honestly, it looks like somebody's white hand (his) is on the BC player's throat.

I'm certain that the picture doesn't actually represent what was occurring, but that looks bad.  

Lord knows that I don't think a lot of Tommy Wallis, but from my view of things, he appears he was trying to be a peacemaker in this situation and was trying to separate a Cardinal and a Wildcat.  That hand looks to be one of a Kirbyville player that the BC player is involved with (you can see the Wildcat's black helmet over the left shoulder of the ref closest to the camera).  Of course, this is a still which doesn't reveal everything.

But given the way Coach DuBois feels about his kids, if he felt this was an act of aggression on Dr. Wallis' part, we would have heard something to that effect by now by BC administration by now.