Little dribblers regional tournament predictions?

Somebody on here thats seen some of the different teams in this area throw out some predictions for the Junior, Major, and Senior divisions for the Kountze (or Van Vleck) tournament on March 29-31.  The junior and major division has Buna, Bridge City, Orangefield, Kountze, and Twin County, while the senior division has only 4 teams (no Buna).  So lets see some predictions, which 2 teams will represent each age group and go to nationals?

I've seen the ( Majors & Juniors) Bridge City, Twin County and Hamshire-Fannett.

H-F beat BC badly in a scrimmage this week, and H-F has also beaten Twin County in a scrimmage and maybe in the Barbers Hill Tourney too. H-F  doesn't go to Kountze Regional but I predict BC nor Twin County will win that region. Too me, the jury is still out on the H-F Majors. They can be good at times, and yes I have  sons on both the H-F Majors & Juniors.

The Juniors ( strong guards) can win ( at Van Vleck) it all as long as they don't come across a big man who will dominate the paint.

I will probably get to see Orangefield soon and give my 2 cents on that team as well.

I'm really probably too critical when I analyze young players of today. But I think I know who you are referring to from TC. They have a lanky guard about 5'?" (#23?)and a smaller guard (#15)who is a little shorter. The taller guard doesn't seem to use his left  side too well but has some quickness. H e may be what we use to call a "streak shooter."  At the Major's level he's a kid who could probably hurt you if he is on. But in two games I haven't really seen him do too much to hurt the opposing team.  They do have a stockier guard (and quick) who can use the "step & "hop" move well and muscle on you inside. I think he is by far the most dangerous of the two, in my opinion. 

H-F had a big lead on them in their first contest, but they came back with hustle and the shorter big big guard taking control of the game. If they had one extra minute, they may have been able to pulll it out for a win. It was no contest the second time around with H-F taking control the whole game.

I didn't realize Nederland is hosting a regional tournament. That Beaumont team is tough with the big kid plugging up the middle and snatching rebounds. Beaumont also has a real good point guard to compliment the center. Tough team to beat.

I like the Barbers Hill team too. They seem to be well coached and somebody out there is working with those kids on their fundamentals. I didn't see La Porte play but in pre-game warm-ups, I thought Barbers Hill didn't have a chance. But I heard La Porte were beaten.

Ok, i'm gonna make my predictions for the Kountze regional tournament, and my predictions are open for discussion.  The juniors i know the least about, but i've seen Orangefield and Twin County and they are pretty close, and imagine Kountze is good so i'll say those 3 battle it out for 2 spots.  In the majors division, Kountze is the class of this division, they should come in first and i think Orangefield and Twin County are pretty close and should play a close game for 2nd.  The seniors i think is the same scenario, Kountze i expect to be the best, and i've seen Orangefield and Twin County, they are evenly matched so whoever wins that gets 2nd.  So basically Kountze will probably be the favorites in all 3 divisions and Orangefield and Twin County will be playing for 2nd spot to go to nationals.

Heres the bracket for Kountze and it shows the teams and schedules for all 3 divisions.

http://www.littledribblers.org/league.php?scriptName=LEAGUEINFO&leagueID=12268&leagueInfoID=39080

Gulf Coast (EC) is in a regional with Van Vleck, Cleveland, Anahuac and HF.  The regionals are in Van Vleck, which is 3 hours away.  Gulf Coast has the talent to do good in the tournament.  Not sure on the others.  Gulf Coast lost to Beaumont tonight 38-32.  Beat Twin County 40-32 last night.

Someone send some Senior League teams to Spurger for a Tournament next Saturday March 24th. 

We finished our Regional Tournament today and we're ready to have a tournament at our place now.  Anyone that is interested or knows of a team let me know.

Nederland Regional will have some good teams.  In Majors ...  Nederland, Barbers Hill, LaPorte and Beaumont are all tough.  BH split with LaPorte this past weekend in Liberty.  Haven't heard anything about PNG or Lumberton.  I think BH beat Nederland in BH tournament, but with home court advantage Nederland will be tough.

Wow! That Nederland Regional will be TOUGH! So BH split with La Porte this time!!

I'm not sure if Port Neches is in this regional too, but I don't expect them or Lumberton to do too much in their regionals. Those two teams just haven't impressed me as a serious contender.

HF will be playing Orangefield (I think) on Tuesday night @ Kountze.

Somebody on here thats seen some of the different teams in this area throw out some predictions for the Junior, Major, and Senior divisions for the Kountze (or Van Vleck) tournament on March 29-31.  The junior and major division has Buna, Bridge City, Orangefield, Kountze, and Twin County, while the senior division has only 4 teams (no Buna).   So lets see some predictions, which 2 teams will represent each age group and go to nationals?

Kountze and TC will represent!!!!!!!!  These along with Gulf Coast have always and will always have the best little dribblers programs in the area!!!!!!

This is the reason that their High School programs are also the best in the area!!!!!

Since Lumberton juniors won regionals last year it is probably worth mentioning them.  Lumberton juniors were national runners-up last year in a very close game against Navasota.  I watched that game, and both Lumberton and Navasota were very impressive.  However...all 10 of the Lumberton players on last year's team were 10 year olds.  All of them are too old for the junior team this year. Therefore...all 10 of the players on Lumberton's junior team this year are playing all-stars for the very first time.  I would think if Lumberton has those same 10 kids back next year in seniors, they will win nationals.  They played as a team, and even the subs on that team were aggressive and fast.  As far as juniors go this year, I would think our Beaumont juniors will be hard to beat.  With size and quickness, I can't see anybody beating them.  Without seeing what LaPorte has this year, I would have to predict Beaumont and BH in a battle for the junior championship. Lumberton, Nederland and PN juniors won't be a factor.

Hmm? I don't think Lumberton Juniors from last year are doing too well  in the Major Division All-Stars this year.  Too bad Kountze Juniors are not in the the division with Beaumont Juniors because Kountze defintely "ate their lunch" the other night."  If you get a kid that knows how to hustle, block-out & rebound against the big kid playing center, Beaumont can be beaten. I've seen Bmt. play at least 3 times, and I have never seen them shoot good from the outside.  But you're right, Bmt or BH should do the honors.

Since Lumberton juniors won regionals last year it is probably worth mentioning them.  Lumberton juniors were national runners-up last year in a very close game against Navasota.  I watched that game, and both Lumberton and Navasota were very impressive.  However...all 10 of the Lumberton players on last year's team were 10 year olds.  All of them are too old for the junior team this year. Therefore...all 10 of the players on Lumberton's junior team this year are playing all-stars for the very first time.  I would think if Lumberton has those same 10 kids back next year in seniors, they will win nationals.  They played as a team, and even the subs on that team were aggressive and fast.  As far as juniors go this year, I would think our Beaumont juniors will be hard to beat.  With size and quickness, I can't see anybody beating them.  Without seeing what LaPorte has this year, I would have to predict Beaumont and BH in a battle for the junior championship. Lumberton, Nederland and PN juniors won't be a factor.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33