Little dribblers regional tournament predictions?

Updates: Hamshire Fannett Juniors and Seniors played Nederland last night in a pre-warm-up game before this weekend regional tournament. Both H-F JUniors and Majors won their contests.  The majors had to do it in overtime.

I saw the Beaumont Majors play in Kountze last week. They seem to be a solid club, more of a blue collar work ethnic and no flash.

OK Bluedove, you're one of the few on here that post about little dribblers and i know youve watched a lot of games.  Give me some predictions for the Van Vleck and Kountze regional tournaments.  I gave my predictions a couple weeks ago, which was that Orangefield, Twin County, and Kountze will battle for 2 spots in all 3 age groups, i believe all 3 have a chance at all levels.  Kountze and OF i think will be the top 2 in juniors.  In majors i think Kountze is the favorite with Orangefield and Twin County battling for 2nd, but i think Kountze is very beatable by either team.  In seniors i think its a toss up.  Twin County may be a very slight favorite, but Kountze has athletes and Orangefield has some talent so i would not be surprised to see any combination of the 3 come out of that group.  Unfortunately, i dont know much about the Van Vleck tournament to give any predictions, but i've seen HF and Gulf Coast in the majors and they are both very good and have a great chance.  Bluedove, good luck to HF in the regional tournament, please post the scores on here and let me know how it goes, i'll post the Kountze tourney scores....

And to think I didn't know a thing about Little Dribblers until this past January :) Let me predict the Kountze Tournment because I think I have seen all the teams in that region, except one.

Juniors:  Kountze will win with no problems. Too athletic

Majors:  Kountze will win. If Orangefield can get that big kid to rebound and control the paint, Kountze is beatable. But Kountze is going to try and beat the defense down the court. 2nd place is going to be out of TC and Orangefield.

I haven't seen the seniors play.

OK Bluedove, you're one of the few on here that post about little dribblers and i know youve watched a lot of games.  Give me some predictions for the Van Vleck and Kountze regional tournaments.  I gave my predictions a couple weeks ago, which was that Orangefield, Twin County, and Kountze will battle for 2 spots in all 3 age groups, i believe all 3 have a chance at all levels.  Kountze and OF i think will be the top 2 in juniors.  In majors i think Kountze is the favorite with Orangefield and Twin County battling for 2nd, but i think Kountze is very beatable by either team.  In seniors i think its a toss up.  Twin County may be a very slight favorite, but Kountze has athletes and Orangefield has some talent so i would not be surprised to see any combination of the 3 come out of that group.  Unfortunately, i dont know much about the Van Vleck tournament to give any predictions, but i've seen HF and Gulf Coast in the majors and they are both very good and have a great chance.  Bluedove, good luck to HF in the regional tournament, please post the scores on here and let me know how it goes, i'll post the Kountze tourney scores....

So LaPorte was able to get a little revenge when it really counted this time against Barbers Hill! I like all the competition in this tourney. Hamshire-Fannett is heading to Van Vleck today. Both Majors & Juniors play tonight. I'll be back probably Saturday night and report on the teams from our area in the Van Vleck tourney.

Good luck to all the area teams

From the National Division Major tournament in Nederland last night, Port Neches beat Nederland B, Beaumont beat Barber Hill B, LaPorte beat Barbers Hill A in a great double OT battle, and Nederland A beat Lumberton.

The Laporte/Barbers Hill game was real good one.  BH had plenty of opportunities to close LP out, but just could not do so.  Nederland/LP should be a good one tonight.  A good team will leave today as well when BH and Lumberton hook up in a consolation bracket game.

The Laporte/Barbers Hill game was real good one.  BH had plenty of opportunities to close LP out, but just could not do so.  Nederland/LP should be a good one tonight.  A good team will leave today as well when BH and Lumberton hook up in a consolation bracket game.

Page 1 of 5 pages; These are some pictures of game between Nederland and Lumberton Thurs nite.

Update from Nederland last night.  Beaumont manhandled Port Neches, Nederland A beat LaPorte in 2OT to set up a championship match with Beaumont at 1pm today.  In the consolation bracket, Nederland B beat Barbers Hill B and Barbers Hill A beat Lumberton by 2.  So today, LP gets Nederland B and BH A gets Port Neches.

Nederland ends up winning the championship with a 52-40 win over Beaumont.  LP and BH were to play to see will face Beaumont for the consolation championship and berth in the national tournament alongside Nederland.

Team picture of Champion Nederland.

I always thought the best two teams during the tournament went further. I didn't realize winning a consolation round would send you to the big show. I always thought the championship game determined the best two teams. And the co-champion would represent as well.  But I guess we are living in new times now.

Nederland ends up winning the championship with a 52-40 win over Beaumont.  LP and BH were to play to see will face Beaumont for the consolation championship and berth in the national tournament alongside Nederland.

That was probably more of a poor choice of words on my part.  The consolation survivor did end up playing the championship game loser to see who got second.  In this case, Barbers Hill A beat Beaumont to claim the second spot.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw