Port Neches-Groves 5 Tomball 1/Gm2-FINAL/Port Neches-Groves 2 Tomball 0/Gm3-FINAL/Port Neches-Groves wins series 2-1

1 hour ago, Coach Frey said:

Brenham is the exact opposite. Their ace, Collin Jozwiak, had 15 strikeouts in game 2 vs. Crosby. Both teams are really deep, so this should be a good series.

Any word on a location?

I haven't seen anything yet.

2 hours ago, Coach Frey said:

Brenham is the exact opposite. Their ace, Collin Jozwiak, had 15 strikeouts in game 2 vs. Crosby. Both teams are really deep, so this should be a good series.

Any word on a location?

Seems like more teams are throwing off the 1st game this year than I can ever remember and saving their best pitcher for game 2.

Numbers wise, it seems that Vidrine has been PNG's best pitcher this year and he hasn't started a game 1 yet.  It will be an interesting chess match between the 2 coaches. 

14 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Seems like more teams are throwing off the 1st game this year than I can ever remember and saving their best pitcher for game 2.

Numbers wise, it seems that Vidrine has been PNG's best pitcher this year and he hasn't started a game 1 yet.  It will be an interesting chess match between the 2 coaches. 

That seems to be the common thing for Brenham. They do it under Williams and they did the same thing under Jim Long. If I'm not mistaken, Acker isn't even their second pitcher, Wellman is. So I would suspect they will do the same thing they did against Crosby, pitch their third stringer in game one. If they beat you, they have you dead to rights, because they have the 2nd stringer Wellman who has a 1.62 ERA, and the ace Jozwiak. Now occasionally that will backfire, like it did with Crosby in game 1, but even in that situation, they still have their two best pitchers to fall back on in games two and three, and that worked out okay against Crosby.

In my opinion, if the Cubs pitch Acker in game one and PNG doesn't hammer him, it will be a long series for the Indians. If they do hammer him, I think they could extend Brenham enough with their solid defense to win either game two or three and take the series from the Cubs.

It should be a battle either way, that's for sure.