Dez Bryant: Black People Holding Each Other Back

Hagar

This is the hidden content, please

I started not to post this, but it's so refreshing to see more blacks starting to see through the democratic agenda.  Part of one line that I thought particularly profound, "we should focus on individual accountability to be better as a whole".  Well said young man, and that applies to all of us.

From my conservative view, obviously I prefer what Dez said.  I could shoot holes in many (most?) of Shannon's comments.  But there was one in particular that bothered me, as an American (and for those who may not know, I'm white).

Shannon in response to Dez's Instagram said, "Dez needs to read up on the history of racism in America".  Okay, but that racism, as a whole race (whites) ended about 45-50 years ago (and yes racism is still all over this world in all races).   And I'm aware of the atrocities that went on.  I saw Whites Only drinking fountains, and Cafes, and I know about the brutal killings.  So I'd like to ask any blacks on the Forum to give an estimate on the following question.  My intent is not to put anyone on the spot, or argue.  It's just my opinion that this particular question is a barrier we must break through someday, and it's only a question a black could answer (again, imo).

As a race (black), when will past racism become only history, and not a chasm between blacks and whites?

It won't be an issue anymore when it stops being an issue.  I believe it will get better with time, with the majority of racists being from the older generation.  Unfortunately, some of them are spawning young racists, and I don't know if it will ever be eradicated.  

I deal and socialize with people of color every day.  I frequently have them in my home.  I've found that no matter the race, religion, orientation of a person, if you treat them with kindness, respect, and dignity, 99.9% of the time you get that in return.  

But when you spew ignorant crap out of your mouth (or fingers on Twitter), you will find the opposite to be true.  

As for Dez, I am guessing part of what Tobie is saying is actions speak louder than words.  I am a lifelong Cowboy fan but have never been a huge Dez fan.  His conduct and attitude have not been exemplary in representing his team or his race.  

I don't FB, Twitter and Instagram, so I'm not that familiar with what goes on at any of those.  Evidently, the things posted on Twitter are going to keep the racism problem in the public eye.  So what should be a major barrier that is slowly crumbling away, instead we have idiots exacerbating it.  Not a rosy forecast for our race relations.  

13 hours ago, TxHoops said:

13 hours ago, TxHoops said:

It won't be an issue anymore when it stops being an issue.  I believe it will get better with time, with the majority of racists being from the older generation.  Unfortunately, some of them are spawning young racists, and I don't know if it will ever be eradicated.  

I deal and socialize with people of color every day.  I frequently have them in my home.  I've found that no matter the race, religion, orientation of a person, if you treat them with kindness, respect, and dignity, 99.9% of the time you get that in return.  

But when you spew ignorant crap out of your mouth (or fingers on Twitter), you will find the opposite to be true.  

As for Dez, I am guessing part of what Tobie is saying is actions speak louder than words.  I am a lifelong Cowboy fan but have never been a huge Dez fan.  His conduct and attitude have not been exemplary in representing his team or his race.  

Ditto.

The devil, satan, is not going to let racism go away.  Racism is a subset of sin and evil.   As long as there is evil in this world there will be racism.  People may mollify it, modify it, what ever, it will still be around. 

Read the chapter  "Why was sin permitted"  in the book Patriots and Prophets by Ellen G White.  That is basically how it all started.

20 minutes ago, Big girl said:

What the hell do that have to do with anything? Wow...

Here's what the hell.......Sterling Sharpe held his racist opinions back until he had enough money that it couldn't hurt his career. What other country can he do that? Comeon BG, tell me what country. I guess he could endure all rhe racism to make his millions. Why hasn't Sterling voiced his opinion before now. Hasn't he felt this way all his life, kinda like you?

On 4/14/2017 at 10:27 AM, REBgp said:

From my conservative view, obviously I prefer what Dez said.  I could shoot holes in many (most?) of Shannon's comments.  But there was one in particular that bothered me, as an American (and for those who may not know, I'm white).

Shannon in response to Dez's Instagram said, "Dez needs to read up on the history of racism in America".  Okay, but that racism, as a whole race (whites) ended about 45-50 years ago (and yes racism is still all over this world in all races).   And I'm aware of the atrocities that went on.  I saw Whites Only drinking fountains, and Cafes, and I know about the brutal killings.  So I'd like to ask any blacks on the Forum to give an estimate on the following question.  My intent is not to put anyone on the spot, or argue.  It's just my opinion that this particular question is a barrier we must break through someday, and it's only a question a black could answer (again, imo).

As a race (black), when will past racism become only history, and not a chasm between blacks and whites?

When both blacks and whites can be 100% honest about it.

My humble opinion as a young black 24 year old I think. A lot can be better in the black community if a lot of my people get more educated. And more two parent oriented. That's the best option.

I also believe that other than a few no one really cares about the situation and that is The most important harsh reality. 

For hundreds of years blacks have been constitutionally deprived. If my grandfather was born in the 40s what do you believe his experience in America was like. To protect his kids what knowledge of whites would he give to my father. Who was born in the 60s what  do you believe his experience in America was like. I'm the first generation in my bloodline that was born with every right as a white man. I hold lil animosity towards that because that's how I choose to live my life. But I can't blame my grandfather or father for how they view race. Because that's something only they went through.

point I'm trying to make is we're not there yet. But I do believe that my generation don't really see color. And regardless of what' anyone says race relations are getting better. At least for the young.

This is just my opinion, but I would love to see a time in the world where individuals hold themselves accountable for their own fortunes or failures. I believe racism is an issue that is constantly blown up by the media although there are still plenty of racists around. We as an American culture have grown a sense of unnecessary entitlement and like to point the finger and blame others instead of taking responsiblity. What happened to people of color in the past is terrible and a huge scar on the fabric of this nation, but sadly it is something that cannot be compensated for or changed, thats just an ugly fact of reality. With all of this being said, I personally believe the race issue is more of an entitlement issue. That is not specifically for one side or another, it is an equal statement. I feel blessed to have friends and coworkers of many different races and something I will never understand is how people base judgement on race and not character, integrity, actions, etc. In such a sensitive and politically correct world that is the 21st century, why can't we call someone of another race a lazy POS if they are truly a lazy POS? Once again, just some of my thoughts an opinions on a very sensitive subject, but I am glad these types of things are discussed by different types of people on here. I have learned more from listening to other people's points of view that are opposite or different than my own than I would have if I would've gone into the conversation with a closed mind or listening with the intent to respond rather than listening with the intent to learn and discuss a different point of view of a given subject.

5 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

My humble opinion as a young black 24 year old I think. A lot can be better in the black community if a lot of my people get more educated. And more two parent oriented. That's the best option.

I also believe that other than a few no one really cares about the situation and that is The most important harsh reality. 

For hundreds of years blacks have been constitutionally deprived. If my grandfather was born in the 40s what do you believe his experience in America was like. To protect his kids what knowledge of whites would he give to my father. Who was born in the 60s what  do you believe his experience in America was like. I'm the first generation in my bloodline that was born with every right as a white man. I hold lil animosity towards that because that's how I choose to live my life. But I can't blame my grandfather or father for how they view race. Because that's something only they went through.

point I'm trying to make is we're not there yet. But I do believe that my generation don't really see color. And regardless of what' anyone says race relations are getting better. At least for the young.

Appreciate that post, and you made some good points.  And based on an infinite number of scenarios, I could see why your G'pa & Father could feel the way they do.  Ironically, early in my working career, there were two blacks I got along great with, and one was my age, and the other six years older (my boss for several years, & one of the best I ever had).  But their interaction with others was based upon there own experiences.  I guess that's the way we all are.  As I've gotten older, I tend to gravitate to age.  If I walked in a room with a young white man, and an older black man, odds are I'd feel more comfortable sitting by the older black man.  

6 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Great post. Very mature that you are dealing with the fact that history can't be changed, but that it can improve. What a novel attitude. I think things are much better too. Now if people like nappy and tobie can stop bringing up the atrocities that they never experienced for guilt trip purposes, this board could improve too. I always fight fire with fire. When attacked for something I had no control over, I will respond with both barrels.

Thanks for such a refreshing post. Where there is hope, there is a way.

49 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Do white people hold each other back? Did white people prevent Hilliary Clinton from becoming the President?. It can be said that there are people in every race that dont want to see others in their race succeed if we only look at certain instances.

You live every facet of your life by comparison. That makes you racist by itself. Pathetic. Stay on topic.

19 hours ago, baddog said:

You live every facet of your life by comparison. That makes you racist by itself. Pathetic. Stay on topic.

Black people, al "holding each other back" is a sweeping generalization created by white people. We are not a monolith. Have you figured out what that word means yet?

5 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Black people, as a whole, "holding each other back" is a sweeping generalization created by white people. We are not a monolith. Have you figured out what that word means yet?

Of course, it's a big rock. Can you use it correctly in a sentence?

I also explained a monolithic pour of concrete but you ran and hid.

Dez Bryant is black. Did he make this up?