Leggett still #1 in my book

Leggett was beaten by Wielder in the Quarterfinals.  However IMO, they went after our big guy on purpose twice and mauled him out of the game with hurt knee.  We led the whole game till they got him out.  IMHO Leggett is still # one in my book and next year we will be back.  31-3 is not shabby and I am very Proud of them.

Thanks all

11 hours ago, rupert3 said:

Leggett was beaten by Wielder in the Quarterfinals.  However IMO, they went after our big guy on purpose twice and mauled him out of the game with hurt knee.  We led the whole game till they got him out.  IMHO Leggett is still # one in my book and next year we will be back.  31-3 is not shabby and I am very Proud of them.

Thanks all

I wondered why y'all got beat.  Heck, y'all beat up on Shelbyville who took Evadale out.  Leggett had an outstanding season.  Would've like to see them go up against Lipan.  Another stud duck team in 1A.  Durn right, you should be proud of them!

On 3/5/2017 at 0:41 PM, rupert3 said:

Thanks all

13 hours ago, REBgp said:

I wondered why y'all got beat.  Heck, y'all beat up on Shelbyville who took Evadale out.  Leggett had an outstanding season.  Would've like to see them go up against Lipan.  Another stud duck team in 1A.  Durn right, you should be proud of them!

Lipan is not being stopped this year. Closest 1A win has been by 20 against a team they beat by 50 in the second district matchup. Playoffs closest has been by around 35. 

10 minutes ago, RaiderRed30 said:

Lipan is not being stopped this year. Closest 1A win has been by 20 against a team they beat by 50 in the second district matchup. Playoffs closest has been by around 35. 

Well we just won't know now will we?  Just look at all the 4A and 3A teams we put down this year and Should have been # 1 at season end with one less loss and one more win than Lipan,  and I will not take anything away from Lipan for they are a very good team or they would not be where they are right now.  I am pulling for them.

Lipan  should win state. They are #1 for a reason. Looking at both teams schedules, leggett has a loss to Onalaska who isn't a good team. Also only beat Hardin by 5 , who is worse than Onalaska . Lipan has a win over 4A Argyle who will play in the 4A state semi finals this week. A 9 point win over Kountze who was a 3A regional Semi finalist. Their starting lineup is 5'10, 6,2, 6'5, 6,7, 6'7. They would've most likely at least made state in 2A, and 3A as well. And they hold a win over a 4A state semi finalists team who knocked out the defending 4A state champions. Sure Leggett has a good team, not saying they don't . But Lipan should cruise to the 1A state championship. Like they have so far.

39 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Lipan  should win state. They are #1 for a reason. Looking at both teams schedules, leggett has a loss to Onalaska who isn't a good team. Also only beat Hardin by 5 , who is worse than Onalaska . Lipan has a win over 4A Argyle who will play in the 4A state semi finals this week. A 9 point win over Kountze who was a 3A regional Semi finalist. Their starting lineup is 5'10, 6,2, 6'5, 6,7, 6'7. They would've most likely at least made state in 2A, and 3A as well. And they hold a win over a 4A state semi finalists team who knocked out the defending 4A state champions. Sure Leggett has a good team, not saying they don't . But Lipan should cruise to the 1A state championship. Like they have so far.

Good dadgum.  A 1A with a 6'5" & two 6'7"?  What do they fertilize them boys with?  

17 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Idk but I wish they could send some of it to Kountze 

Lol, yep, we could use quite a bit in Evadale.  Have to get one of our players to stand on another ones shoulders to get 6'7" :) 

Probably the same thing they use in Silsbee.  

26 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Lol, yep, we could use quite a bit in Evadale.  Have to get one of our players to stand on another ones shoulders to get 6'7" :) 

Probably the same thing they use in Silsbee.  

A friend of mine played for Evadale about 5-6 years ago and was 6'5-6'6

Before my time, but there are some tall folks around here.  I'd say out of the 15 on varsity at the start of the year, our shortest was 5'11" & tallest was 6'3".  As a 2A team, fairly tall, but don't have the tall post.  Good bunch of young men though.  Expect we'll be pretty fair again next year.  

Yes we had the same situation at Leggett, 6'6" and knocked out.  What amazed me about our kids was for 3/4 of the year we only had 6 kids and for 5 games we had 5.  In 2 tourneys among regular games we won 14 games in 2 weeks with 6 guys.  and some of the other teams had as many as 20 guys and tried to run us in the ground but couldn't.  They just had heart that's all it takes sometimes.  We didn't get there but to us they where great and to the big schools we beat they where monsters to them.

Would have liked to seen Leggett and Lipan play. I believe Lipan would probably have won. They sound a lot like Texline from a few years ago, Texline wasn't as deep as Lipan is, but had the best player in 1A and probably 3 of the top 10. Lipan is on a different level than anybody in 1A, they will show that this weekend I'd bet.

6 hours ago, About a week ago said:

Would have liked to seen Leggett and Lipan play. I believe Lipan would probably have won. They sound a lot like Texline from a few years ago, Texline wasn't as deep as Lipan is, but had the best player in 1A and probably 3 of the top 10. Lipan is on a different level than anybody in 1A, they will show that this weekend I'd bet.

Red horse is old name for Leggett