70% Of Illegals...

Reagan

8 minutes ago, CraigS said:

??? ASSUMING you mean by way of some sort of visa - then let them expire. Then that begs the question - why would they do that?

They don't let them expire.  That implies that they could renew them. They expire after a set period of time. It's my understanding there's some sort of lottery system for renewal, but only a very small percentage of people get drawn.  I have a friend who just got "deported" back to England because she couldn't get her visa renewed.  I have another who's probably about to get sent back to Scotland.  Both of them came here for their education, one got a bachelors degree, the other her masters, and both got trained to work locally in plants, but can't get renewals.  And these are SPECIALIZED workers.  A common laborer has even less of a chance.  Because it's next to impossible to become a citizen, and because you can't simply continue to renew your visa at will, foreigners go from being on a legal visa to being illegal aliens.  And again, I don't blame them.

This is the hidden content, please

It is difficult to get a green card.  Most immigrants do not qualify.  IF you can get one, and hold it for five years, then you can apply for US citizenship.  From that point you're looking at another 6 months to 2 years before citizenship, but again, all of that is a moot point if you can't get a green card.

4 hours ago, 1989NDN said:

Bullets13...BINGO...we have winner.  And, those specialized engineers being sent home to England/Scotland, they have companies like Valero, ExxonMobil, Motiva, Chevron, and others behind them, probably sponsoring them, and yet, non-renewal...go home.

Peace.

And the oil still gets refined and chemical plants keep making product.

4 hours ago, CraigS said:

Still doesn't make any sense to me....if my drivers license were to expire and not be renewable for whatever reason....I'd get in pretty big trouble if I were caught still driving without one....

But if you could make 10x the money by risking it and driving to a job 20 miles away, instead of walking to a job to make $2 an hour, you'd probably do what you had to do to feed your family.  I know I would.

13 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

And the oil still gets refined and chemical plants keep making product.

Not arguing that fact.  Craig just seemed to be in disbelief when I told him how hard it was to gain citizenship, or even renew a visa for that matter.  I was merely providing two examples of friends of mine who came over on legal visas, paid for a specialized American education, landed specialized jobs, and then had their visa renewals denied despite the backing of some very powerful companies.  

Americans love cheap illegal workers.   That is why they come here.  They come here and harvest crops, do construction jobs, work in restaurants.  You name it and they do it.  At least 80 % of new home are built by Hispanic workers and most of them are illegal.   They contribute to the economy as well. They pay sale taxes, they by homes.  They buy trucks, and buy more trucks. 

6 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Not arguing that fact.  Craig just seemed to be in disbelief when I told him how hard it was to gain citizenship, or even renew a visa for that matter.  I was merely providing two examples of friends of mine who came over on legal visas, paid for a specialized American education, landed specialized jobs, and then had their visa renewals denied despite the backing of some very powerful companies.  

None of that makes illegal immigration OK...being a millionaire is hard and takes years, can I break the law to short circuit the process?

5 hours ago, bullets13 said:

They don't let them expire.  That implies that they could renew them. They expire after a set period of time. It's my understanding there's some sort of lottery system for renewal, but only a very small percentage of people get drawn.  I have a friend who just got "deported" back to England because she couldn't get her visa renewed.  I have another who's probably about to get sent back to Scotland.  Both of them came here for their education, one got a bachelors degree, the other her masters, and both got trained to work locally in plants, but can't get renewals.  And these are SPECIALIZED workers.  A common laborer has even less of a chance.  Because it's next to impossible to become a citizen, and because you can't simply continue to renew your visa at will, foreigners go from being on a legal visa to being illegal aliens.  And again, I don't blame them.

I work in a dmv/dps driver license office.  Getting a driver license or id in texas is not a walk in the park.  The actual driver license road exam is not all that hard, but coming up with the documentation to qualify to even get one is hard.  Pass ports, visas , I 94s.  F1 visas, I 20s, h1b TN visas, etc.  I work with and see them all on a daily basis.  Working at a texas dps office is almost like working at us customs. 

18 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

None of that makes illegal immigration OK...being a millionaire is hard and takes years, can I break the law to short circuit the process?

Nope.  But if your family was starving, and you could relocate somewhere and feed them, even if going there was illegal, I bet you'd do it.  I'm not saying that they're not breaking the law, but I'd do anything short of stealing to feed my family.  

8 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Nope.  But if your family was starving, and you could relocate somewhere and feed them, even if going there was illegal, I bet you'd do it.  I'm not saying that they're not breaking the law, but I'd do anything short of stealing to feed my family.  

I probably would...and if the place I was headed caught me and sent me back, they would be in the right...would you agree?

I am in no way saying this is not a tough problem and will affect good folks, but it's simply not sustainable.

I have no idea what to do with folks here, but at some point, we have to know who's coming in and they have to come here legally.

I read somewhere that not all of California voted for and backed Hillary Clinton.  There is a conservative pro Trump faction in central California.  That is the famed Californa agriculture area.  Many of those farmers and having 2nd thoughts about voting for trump because at least 70% of their farm labor is illegal. 

44 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

I read somewhere that not all of California voted for and backed Hillary Clinton.  There is a conservative pro Trump faction in central California.  That is the famed Californa agriculture area.  Many of those farmers and having 2nd thoughts about voting for trump because at least 70% of their farm labor is illegal. 

California has many areas that are conservative.  

My question is, did the people you "read" about not listen to one word that came out of Trump's mouth in the last year and a half?!?

7 hours ago, 1989NDN said:

Some of the "illegals" - who came here legally, but now are not - they don't have control over who renews or reissues their visa.  It is not as easy as some would have you believe.

Peace.

But does difficulty of obtaining remove the fact that you're breaking the law?  I don't think so.  And I've been told, ignorance of the law is no excuse.  If it's difficult, I have to assume there's a reason why.  "Officer, I didn't realize the speed limit went down to 30 mph", will not get you off.

15 hours ago, bullets13 said:

there's a difference between coming here legally and becoming a legal citizen.  It is not difficult to come over here, or do it legally.  becoming a citizen is the part that is nearly impossible.  most of the illegal aliens that are currently in the country came here through legal channels.  And no, I'm not confusing difficult with lazy or not smart enough. 

my brother in law just became an official citizen. it was difficult but he did it he endured he conquered....and now is a citizen.

It should be difficult and rigorous.

Case in point Sweden and Denmark.

if you make it easy it will hurt the already citizens here.  You gotta look at the big picture....THE FUTURE STATE OF THE COUNTRY.

Since our country is in record debt, and the left wants illegals to get Govt assistance, then every time we add an illegal on Govt assistance, we take an American off Govt assistance.  That way the debt is not increased, and since most on Govt assistance are on the left, I doubt they'll mind losing their Govt benefits.  Does that sound about right?  

8 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I will say Id rather take those willing to work hard from other countries and throw out all those that are born citizens who refuse to work and be a negative impact on our economy. Those are the people who need to starve so they can wake up. 

Ironic, we were posting similar messages at the same time.  Yes, I'll take a hard worker from Mexico, and we can give Mexico an able bodied person that has been on welfare his/her whole life.