22-4A Exec Committee Decision

7 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:
HoopInsider

22-4A Exec Committee met. Both Silsbee & LC-M receive a forfeit. Silsbee now 25-6, 8-1 & LC-M is 21-12, 7-2. No further disciplinary action

Was expecting a double forfeiture. Really doesn't change anything as far as standings go.

Was waiting to see if any players suspensions were extended which that wasn't the case.

Silsbee's Adams and LC-M's Brown and Bridges should be back tomorrow night.

2 minutes ago, rohebert said:

Just a Scanario!  If BC beats Silsbee and LCM beats WOS, we are tied for 1st with LCM and must either flip or play a one game playoff for 1st/District Champs. 

Correct? 

Nope. Silsbee wins head to head with the actual win first time around. LC-M has no actual win over Silsbee so they lose head to head.

11 hours ago, MBaller#1 said:

It's because they didn't want to play 3 on 3 basketball to determine the outcome of that game superintendent said double forfeit and let's move on .

I don't know where the 3 on 3 myth came from. Check the game tape......all bench personnel leave the team area & all 10 players participate in the altercation. The only players eligible to continue to participate post fight are any of the 10 that were on floor at the time of the  fight AND do not engage which there clearly are none.

The ruling from the committee is the same as the UIL committee would have found if it were to go that far.

11 hours ago, MBaller#1 said:

It's because they didn't want to play 3 on 3 basketball to determine the outcome of that game superintendent said double forfeit and let's move on .

I don't think it was really the 3 on 3 part of it as much as the rest of your statement. I think the feeling is it's time to move on, why bring even more media and other attention to the matter by finishing a game in that manner with no fans, no players on the bench, extra security etc.  I know we didn't want a loss but it really has no effect. We still win district.

it is time for us to move on. We have to realize no matter what the results are it's not going to change.  Let's put it behind us, get behind this team and let them focus on basketball.