Kountze @ Buna Tuesday night

aTmfan06

4 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

A couple years ago same scenario. Buna wins in Kountze. Kountze wins the rematch in Buna and for seeding at HJ high school. Should be a good game. Who you got ?

I'll take Buna as five point favorites. I've said this for the past few years this year and next year Buna has the chance to go undefeated in district. This could be the first year of that scenario. Hopefully the game is as good as the first one. 

12 minutes ago, ccsbasketballplayer said:

So it's funny to say that a top 15 team in the state will make it to state? I just don't see what's so asinine about the statement. 

Look I'd love to see either one make it. But the fact of the matter is this district is down this year. Kountze isn't near what they usually are. Do they still work hard and do their best ? Yes they do. But look from a talent standpoint it's just not the same. This area as a whole besides Silsbee is that strong . Yeah Buna has a pretty decent team this year and they are "top 15". You know how many times Kountze has been top 10.. let alone top 5 ranked and haven't made it past regionals ? Several.

2 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

Look I'd love to see either one make it. But the fact of the matter is this district is down this year. Kountze isn't near what they usually are. Do they still work hard and do their best ? Yes they do. But look from a talent standpoint it's just not the same. This area as a whole besides Silsbee is that strong . Yeah Buna has a pretty decent team this year and they are "top 15". You know how many times Kountze has been top 10.. let alone top 5 ranked and haven't made it past regionals ? Several.

Yes. But the amount of times they were close, in the regional tournament, was plenty. A few bounces here and there and they could've made it to state 4 of the past 5 years. I could see either Kountze or Buna winning the region if they played well the rest of the season. 

16 minutes ago, ccsbasketballplayer said:

Yes. But the amount of times they were close, in the regional tournament, was plenty. A few bounces here and there and they could've made it to state 4 of the past 5 years. I could see either Kountze or Buna winning the region if they played well the rest of the season. 

La Marque will be really really tough if they have all their players.