In the name of fairness and equity

stevenash

To me it is quite simple.  If you want to have a productive prosperous economy,  can that best be accomplished through the government or private enterprise?  The last thing I want is a bunch of academicians trying to explain why their theory didnt work when there are plenty of productive enterprising workers/entrepreneurs who know precisely how to get the job done.  By the way, the current administration adheres and reacts accordingly to the theory that the "haves" got their unfairly and at the expense of the "have nots".  Sounds to me like you were, at one time, a "have not".  Did you make yourself a "have" or was the government responsible?  Oh, and by the way, I know how impressed you are with Hillary's educational resume.  When you get a chance, take a look at Long Term Capital Managment, who almost totally toppled our economy- it was operated by several "Nobel Laureates" who were looked upon as "can't miss" as Hillary was looked upon as "can't miss" in the election.

32 minutes ago, stevenash said:

To me it is quite simple.  If you want to have a productive prosperous economy,  can that best be accomplished through the government or private enterprise?  The last thing I want is a bunch of academicians trying to explain why their theory didnt work when there are plenty of productive enterprising workers/entrepreneurs who know precisely how to get the job done.  By the way, the current administration adheres and reacts accordingly to the theory that the "haves" got their unfairly and at the expense of the "have nots".  Sounds to me like you were, at one time, a "have not".  Did you make yourself a "have" or was the government responsible?  Oh, and by the way, I know how impressed you are with Hillary's educational resume.  When you get a chance, take a look at Long Term Capital Managment, who almost totally toppled our economy- it was operated by several "Nobel Laureates" who were looked upon as "can't miss" as Hillary was looked upon as "can't miss" in the election.

The ultra rich in the country have benefited disproportionately and they have the money lobby for what they want.

I agree that academics don't thrive in business.  Business' don't thrive in human rights or global responsibility.  

23 minutes ago, Remmus said:

The ultra rich in the country have benefited disproportionately and they have the money lobby for what they want.

I agree that academics don't thrive in business.  Business' don't thrive in human rights or global responsibility.  

They also pay almost all of the taxes so I suggest to you that those ( and there are a very large number) who pay no federal income tax, benefit "disproportionately" from the redistribution.

2 hours ago, stevenash said:

They also pay almost all of the taxes so I suggest to you that those ( and there are a very large number) who pay no federal income tax, benefit "disproportionately" from the redistribution.

Like General Electric?  As for the ultra rich 1%-ers they pay pennies in comparison to the middle class.