MY RANT OF THE COVERAGE AREA,SO TO SPEAK

pakronos

Did PAM have questionable play calling Saturday at times? Hey I'm a Kenny fan and I'll admit yes. They tried running up the middle way too much. 

But i say that and know it must have been difficult calling a game with Hines on the sideline and both Angelle and Jones hurting too. Those are three big time players hurt so of course the playbook shrinks. 

Memorial, and PNG for that matter, did not lose because they were out coached. Temple and College Station were simply better teams in those games. It happens.  

5 hours ago, Gabe said:

Did PAM have questionable play calling Saturday at times? Hey I'm a Kenny fan and I'll admit yes. They tried running up the middle way too much. 

But i say that and know it must have been difficult calling a game with Hines on the sideline and both Angelle and Jones hurting too. Those are three big time players hurt so of course the playbook shrinks. 

Memorial, and PNG for that matter, did not lose because they were out coached. Temple and College Station were simply better teams in those games. It happens.  

I did not see a injury report for any of those guys in the Port Arthur News.............. I know the week before the  list for PNG was printed...........

2 hours ago, Gabe said:

I did not know of 2 of the 3 until after the game and with Hines I was told he would play Saturday. He was in uniform Saturday then I learned how injury came about. 

The injuries were not being made public to keep away from Temple. Can't report what I don't know lol

Was just curious, since I seen the PNG injuries where made public the week before....

22 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Was just curious, since I seen the PNG injuries where made public the week before....

What made printing PNG injuries easier too was the kids got injured in a game for all to see so it wasn't a secret. 

I never saw any of the PAM players get injured 

On 11/27/2016 at 4:35 PM, Brobie said:

Sounds like to me you need to stop crying and start coaching.....You do know its a hell of a lot easier to coach from the bleachers or couch. Temple was probably just a better team, they are usually pretty good ??? Geez lets fire all the coaches, HS coaches don't get paid near enough to listen to this _hit !!!! wow what a comment

High school coaches get paid by tax dollars. So, YES, they have to listen to it! Or should I say we have the right to say it!

On 11/27/2016 at 11:09 AM, panamamyers said:

The Dallas area has a distinct advantage over the Houston area due to the fact they have so many distinct towns that have their own school district.

Desoto and Cedar Hill come to mind.

In the Houston area, cedar hill would be fort bend Hightower, then right when they syart flexing their muscles, Ridge point opens up. Right when George ranch starts flexing their muscles, a Greatwood high school will be built.

Katy is sort of its own thing, but everywhere else the fractured aspect of the districts is a hinder and, not a help.

Klein Collins is finally getting it going again. They will have another Klein school soon, book it. And this will set them back a few years again.

PAM doesn't have any excuse. They have the one school and plenty of athletes.

WOS, Orangefield, BC and LCM are all within 10 miles of each other. If they were to combine they'd be 6A.  But the tradition prevents that from happening as well as some school board members, county officials and some other reasons that everyone knows. My point is TJ, SFA and Lincoln had decades of success and tradition most importantly. Mergers generally do not go well with Forest Park, South Park and Hebert being a huge exception but even then 1982 was NOT a fun year from August until Thanksgiving.

On 11/27/2016 at 9:47 PM, studd88 said:

The shots at WOS get old. We compete against the schools our size. We don't have to Beat PAM,Crosby,Png...etc. we have to beat 4a div2 teams. Maybe we just make them look like boo boo...smh

it does...but reference calpreps.com

...has WOS beating (THIS YEAR) College Station, Katy, Westlake, Richmond Foster, cibolo steele,  in a neutral site matchup. Laugh all you want but the site is has a 82% prediction rate. WOS does not have to play these games but it is fun to speculate...this years team is special to say the least

It also had them beating Temple by double digits...just saying

We will never know.  That's the point but the computers say yes. Katy is currently sitting at home and WOS isn't. They can only play who the UIL dictates. The only Katy ISD team WOS has beaten was State Ranked Mayde Creek 14-0 in 1988. I can't remember any other Southeast Tex team beating anyone from Katy.

On 12/2/2016 at 7:39 PM, Brobie said:

Sorry dude......don't care what Calprep or Maxprep says or their % rate. I do not see WOS beating either Westlake or Katy even on WOS home field. Matter of fact I don't see WOS playing within 2 td's of either.......sorry JMO !!! wow 

That's why its called "your opinion" lol

I would take my chances on something a little more scientific than "your" opinion..and one that has been 82% correct this year! lol...dude it's not personal. I bet if i told you that 82% of the time they pick the correct lottery numbers you'd bet the house!! geez...quit looking at the name on the jersey and the classification.

2 hours ago, Brobie said:

So I guess if a computer says Ala. Crimson Tide could beat the Dallas Cowboys.......you would put your money on Bama ?? Not a chance and the same scenario, come on man get back to reality !! Aint gonna happen  

that's not even close to the same comparison hahaha

3 hours ago, Brobie said:

So I guess if a computer says Ala. Crimson Tide could beat the Dallas Cowboys.......you would put your money on Bama ?? Not a chance and the same scenario, come on man get back to reality !! Aint gonna happen  

No credible website would say that because it wouldn't happen.. if a site like cal preps or maxpreps says that wos would win then obviously they have a reason to assume that.

So no it's not the same scenario.. Now Alabama beating the browns, that's may be possible lol

On 11/26/2016 at 5:49 PM, pakronos said:

want to use this time to bring up a dead horse and the same stuff i preach in general. THE COACHING IN THIS AREA SUCKS. i'll use PAM game today as an example. Temple didn't do ANYTHING fancy. they barley was winning games this year, but they looked polished. nothing looked like a mistake. ANY LOCAL TEAM, including PNG, that think this was a good run for your team is smoking the same bong that Kenny ray, Neumann, faircloth, Matthews, forman and any coach in Jefferson county or in the region(you know what I mean). you look at the teams that beat ALL our teams. you saw a totally different product on the otherside. I don't think those kids are no better than the ones we all support. but this mediocre of football we accept is plain dumb. I don't, but the majority of people on this board pride themselves on DC...beating a cross town rival...getting so many players in D1 schools...etc...the Manvels, Tempels, Marshalls, etc...DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT. IT'S A WAY OF LIFE!! Katy I'm willing to bet come Monday it's like august have started. weight rooms should be clanking away. come summer, wr and qb's need to have sleep overs and work together.. WITH THE PLAYBOOK. OL and DL need to be in camps learning technique...but hey as long as everyone makes the playoffs in cupcake world, make it to the 2nd and 3rd rd...it's all honky dory...THATS A LOSERS MENTALITY AND WE NEED TO GET EVERYONE A PARTICIPATION TROPHY!!! DEMAND MORE OF THESE COACHES!!!! PAM ran the same plays over and over...they look like sand lot plays!!!!! PAM and PNG looked good, but NEITHER played ANYONE. Johnson looked slow against PAM and was sacked 7 times. BF made no adjustment. read the PASNOOZE where PAM DC admits he dial the defense back when a comfortable lead is obtained..like a 31-14 lead in the fourth and looked what had happen. almost ended in a loss!! I will give LN this. he don't make DUMB decisions, he knows where to play people, but that's about it. maybe the talent he has is overwhelmed when he gets to the 3rd rd?? idk, but this HORRIBLE!! 

WOS- you are in a different convo. it's just you guys are fortunate to have great coaching with nice athletes....that play boo boo teams, which you can't help that. it is what it is. you guys don't see any real comp till rd 4 or 5 lol....enjoy it...

You can't always judge a team by what round they lost in in the playoffs.. It all depends on who you meet and when.

PNG lost to a team that's still playing next week, which doesn't make their loss look as bad.

13 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

You can't always judge a team by what round they lost in in the playoffs.. It all depends on who you meet and when.

PNG lost to a team that's still playing next week, which doesn't make their loss look as bad.

On the other hand, if PN-G was the really the "good team" then they would have won.  Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but the first playoff game against Barbers Hill they gave up over 500 yards.  BH placed 3rd in their district.  PN-G did win, but what actually happened against BH should have been a precursor to what was eventually going to happen either the next week or the following.  Lately, coming out of this district these results are what's probably going to be the norm for awhile.