MY RANT OF THE COVERAGE AREA,SO TO SPEAK

pakronos

54 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Well, the list was not unexpected.  But you didn't the answer the part of Tiger2010's question.  Now that you have identified the "mediocre coaches" how would you pick to replace them?

How would you pick or who would you pick?  If I was tasked at doing so, it would have to be a thorough screening process.  But, as always, it's a craps shoot.  But, I guess, the salient question is -- if hired, how long do you give them?  Obviously my standards are a little higher than most.  

On 12/3/2016 at 4:08 PM, L-Train11 said:

If a team gets beat in the first or second round by a team that either makes a deep run or wins it all, then that's not so bad.

But PNG made it to the 3rd round and got beat by a really good team.

A perfect example of this is Silsbee.. they barely lost to Carthage by only 4 points. With a 1st round exit several people on here, even more in the community, were ready to sacrifice coach smith. But now Carthage will be playing next week for the championship! Playoffs are about matchups, if Silsbee would have avoided Carthage in the first round they could have made a deep run..