Gilmer 50 Jasper 21/FINAL

lostaussie

7 hours ago, losteraussie said:

Yep, could you imagine that game played in front of a packed house in ATT instead of SFA. 

Now back to the game at hand. Just listened to the S2S playoff show. Those guys are picking the Buckeyes by 3 to 4 TD's. Y'all hammer on Grant and Terry......I don't see it.

If my fuzzy memory is somewhat correct, that is perhaps the type predictions coming on Smoaky back in 2004.  :)  Some seemed to think that a "running" attack could not possibly score as quickly and as explosively as a passing attack.  Wonder if we will see deja vu all over again?  I doubt it, but would love to see that again, with a slightly different ending.....  Seriously, Jasper's best chance is to successfully execute onside kicks every time, and grind out the clock.  Keep that Gilmer offense on the bench.  That is probably Jasper's only chance in fact.  Speaking of Terry, I think he is the one that got pretty excited during the 2004 broadcast toward the end of the game ???

On 11/20/2016 at 9:20 PM, Brobie said:

This will be a good one......Gilmer always tough to beat. This will come down to team with less penalties and turnovers. One of the best HS games of all time was the game at SFA seems to be about 12 yrs. ago between these two ?? I got Jasper in a close one

Yeah i remember that one when jasper was playing for the state championship when jasper almost beat the 38 42 gilmer

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 5:52 PM, JasperDAWG said:

December 18, 2004 down by 21 3 different times the Dawgs punched, kicked, and clawed and had them Buckeyes and their fans as nervous has could be once we got the ball at the end of the game but sadly time run out. as bad as i hated it for those young men that day never could i be more proud of them!!

talk bout leaving it all on the field..................................wow there couldnt be a better example

That was an awesome game!  Nervous doesn't describe what was going on in that one.  My stomach was doing somersaults.  Most teams would've laid down after getting down big early, 21-0.  Not that team!  Those Jasper boys punched, kicked, and clawed their way back into it, and just very nearly pulled it off.  It was the kind of game you hated to see anybody lose, but it was especially sweet for us Buckeye fans as we finally won our first state championship.

On 11/23/2016 at 2:35 PM, Jasper Dawg said:

Word around Jasper is that we may be missing our top 2 RB's for this game. If true Jaspers chances of winning this game decrease drastically 

Number 11 Weathered is the only one not playing.  Normally, that might not be that big a deal, but tonight, it is HUGE!  Go Dogs, still gotta fight!