Imagine if Coach Thompson was the head coach at Port Arthur Memorial!!

18 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

Well y'all got Earl Thomas years ago. But who are you speaking of this year? I don't know of any WOS players  that started there and came to LCM.   WOS is losing numbers because the City of Orange is dying and they need to start rebuilding the city. It's really sad situation 

Jenkins was wos,Chris winters entire family went to wos,although I don't know where he lives,when I went to school many left for lcm and I know first hand it was because they would have more pt...don't ask bc I would never say names.

2 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

Jenkins was wos,Chris winters entire family went to wos,although I don't know where he lives,when I went to school many left for lcm and I know first hand it was because they would have more pt...don't ask bc I would never say names.

When did you graduate? I understand there have been players that left WOS but most of those guys were back ups and were not outstanding athletes at WOS

44 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

Well y'all got Earl Thomas years ago. But who are you speaking of this year? I don't know of any WOS players  that started there and came to LCM.   WOS is losing numbers because the City of Orange is dying and they need to start rebuilding the city. It's really sad situation 

I'm not complaining about LCM.  Most of the WOS kids that switched over there are because their parents  moved north of the interstate which is their absolute right.   Besides those already mentioned, Katon Brown started out in WOCISD

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I'm not complaining about LCM.  Most of the WOS kids that switched over there are because their parents  moved north of the interstate which is their absolute right.   Besides those already mentioned, Katon Brown started out in WOCISD

I forgot about Brown. Heck of wide receiver. So we have 3 or 4 we need about 5 more lol

5 hours ago, 3rdone said:

yeah the off-season part of the program is brutal!! when I got to college and went through practice it was a breeze in comparison.

Yep!! Exactly! I've been telling people that for years. No one understands unless they went through WOS offseasons. My first college practice I thought was a joke.

8 hours ago, SFA85 said:

Not such a stupid what if.....

What if another kid was play QB the last 2 years of PAM being in 6A?

What if we really ran the zone read properly with Kam and the kid that went to TTU?

Thompson would've done a bang up job here.  Palestine only produced AP and is not known for its foosball success.....

You do remember Kadon only played in a handful of games last year? So saying another quarterback would have done better is a mute point. 

Its also made mute by the fact Kadon is second in 22-5A in yards and leads the district in completion % at 68 and has 19 TDs and 7 interceptions. 

People need to quit trying to point at the QB like that position was the only position that struggled the last two years. 

Kam didn't have 1,000 yards last year. Do you blame him for there being no running game? 

No, you realize the line didn't play well and he was hit in the backfield almost every player. 

44 minutes ago, Gabe said:

You do remember Kadon only played in a handful of games last year? So saying another quarterback would have done better is a mute point. 

Its also made mute by the fact Kadon is second in 22-5A in yards and leads the district in completion % at 68 and has 19 TDs and 7 interceptions. 

People need to quit trying to point at the QB like that position was the only position that struggled the last two years. 

Kam didn't have 1,000 yards last year. Do you blame him for there being no running game? 

No, you realize the line didn't play well and he was hit in the backfield almost every player. 

Not so much of an indictment of Kadon but the type of spread o that's being implemented.  To me, he's more of a pocket passer.  So on his part of the zone, while in 6A, he handed it off to the RB's 95% of the time, yes?

So if my Oline is suspect and the zone read isn't being ran properly, at least try putting a QB back there more on the line of a Singleton or a Fisk or change your offensive approach to fit the personnel

5 minutes ago, SFA85 said:

Not so much of an indictment of Kadon but the type of spread o that's being implemented.  To me, he's more of a pocket passer.  So on his part of the zone, while in 6A, he handed it off to the RB's 95% of the time, yes?

So if my Oline is suspect and the zone read isn't being ran properly, at least try putting a QB back there more on the line of a Singleton or a Fisk or change your offensive approach to fit the personnel

Two years ago he was a sophomore starting in a very tough 6A district so asking him to do a lot is out of question. The offense had to be vanilla but luckily both Dauphine and Kam were there. 

Last year Kadon was hurt so there goes a lot of what Kenny was hoping to do. 

2 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Two years ago he was a sophomore starting in a very tough 6A district so asking him to do a lot is out of question. The offense had to be vanilla but luckily both Dauphine and Kam were there. 

Last year Kadon was hurt so there goes a lot of what Kenny was hoping to do. 

For me, and I've watched mostly highlights and the PN-G game from start to finish.........

I think, 3rd year starter, drop to 5A, the passing game should be more sophisticated.  More crossing routes and less bubble screens.....

Wish we had a TE also to work the seams......

You take what the defense gives you, don't turn the all over and move down field. It's working 

27 minutes ago, SFA85 said:

For me, and I've watched mostly highlights and the PN-G game from start to finish.........

I think, 3rd year starter, drop to 5A, the passing game should be more sophisticated.  More crossing routes and less bubble screens.....

Wish we had a TE also to work the seams......

14 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

A couple of things.  First, I wouldn't be so quick to assail the abilities of Coach Harrison.  This is a man who has lead Memorial to the only Regional Championship the school has ever claimed.  I think the Titan's last couple of years in 6A have caused some folks to conveniently forget that, but you never heard Coach Harrison use that as an excuse.

Second, as much as I love and respect Coach Thompson, others who have posted here are correct in that it takes players buying into Coach Thompson's system.  Folks at Palestine did not do that and the results showed.  In fact, I will pass along a story that I heard just before the start of this season.  A coach who left another area program and joined the WO-S staff this season said at the end of the first daytime full contact practice the Mustangs had this year that if his old school conducted practices with the physicality that WO-S did, half of the team would have quit.

Is it true that wos had a 2 hour full pad practice the day before the state champ game last year?