CROSBY vs NEW CANEY

Cougar14.2

If New Caney wins this game they win the outright district championship for the first time in a couple of decades. If Crosby wins this game they win at least a share of the district championship for the third straight year. If Barbers Hill knocks off Porter in the season finale I would consider this game for the district crown straight up, it would go down in the annals as a "Co-district championship" in that case though. 

I see it as starting the playoffs a week early, especially Crosby who's going back to the place they lost to Porter. This game doesn't change either team's #1 seeding but it will be a big boost going into the playoffs. 

11 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

If New Caney wins this game they win the outright district championship for the first time in a couple of decades. If Crosby wins this game they win at least a share of the district championship for the third straight year. If Barbers Hill knocks off Porter in the season finale I would consider this game for the district crown straight up, it would go down in the annals as a "Co-district championship" in that case though. 

I see it as starting the playoffs a week early, especially Crosby who's going back to the place they lost to Porter. This game doesn't change either team's #1 seeding but it will be a big boost going into the playoffs. 

Don't want to miss this one! After watching how Code Red defense played lights out last night against Humble I think we win this one. Plus Sqwirl will be back in action. 

7 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Huge game Cougs for me. Experience wins out in the end!!!!

I'm a Crosby fan but...the way I see it is we are going to lose to NC. Now, I hope I'm wrong! I've heard Crosby's defense is good, I don't think good is right, maybe good at times. Who have we played, Manvel is an exception game.  Porter, they beat us, we could not cover #2. Defense played well against BH. The Dayton game was typical. The rest of the games we should of won big & did, hence the reference who have we played. The way our offense sputters at times I think that will be asking too much from our defense against NC. If I'm NC I'm going after Crosby's #17. NC has been executing all season.   Last years OT win left a bad taste with NC & we are playing them at their place were we lost against Porter. 

Oh well! If I have to eat some crow after this game I'll be happy to. 

Go Crosby!

I think both teams are going to hit some big plays in the passing game. I think the team that wins this one is the team the runs the ball the most effectively. Even though Crosby's overall offensive line play has been sketchy at times we've gotten excellent movement in the run game lately. Crosby is used to playing these games, New Caney is the new kid on the block. I think Code Red goes up 1485 and puts it away in no doubt fashion. 

Crosby 45

New Caney 28

If the defense shows up like it did Friday, Crosby can win.  Offense has to take what is there.  I love Mannie.  I really do.  I hate the way his ankle has played out this year.  But I think every team has figured out, he isn't going to run the ball.  They are loading up on the RB and catching him when he scrambles.  He is not a dual threat right now and the sophomore is.  #7 isn't going to set the world on fire but he can do the job when the defense plays like they can.  With Sqwrl on the field, good things could happen.  

1 hour ago, texbuzz said:

If the defense shows up like it did Friday, Crosby can win.  Offense has to take what is there.  I love Mannie.  I really do.  I hate the way his ankle has played out this year.  But I think every team has figured out, he isn't going to run the ball.  They are loading up on the RB and catching him when he scrambles.  He is not a dual threat right now and the sophomore is.  #7 isn't going to set the world on fire but he can do the job when the defense plays like they can.  With Sqwrl on the field, good things could happen.  

There's a difference in playing through pain and playing through injury. This kid is injured and should have been pulled weeks ago. We've watched his health decline by the week. Put the youngster in.