Kountze BYE

Week 9 Schedule

Buna vs Coldspring-Oakhurst  (+14)
Kountze vs Woodville  (+28)
Trinity (+14) vs Warren
Kirbyville BYE

Team / PF - PA / Record

Buna / 165 - 172 / (4-3)(2-1)
Coldspring-Oakhurst / 196 - 128 / (3-3)(3-0)
Kirbyville / 242 - 153 / (5-3)(2-2)
Kountze / 160 - 267 / (2-5)(0-3)
Trinity / 115 - 281 / (2-6)(1-3)
Warren / 58 - 268 / (1-6)(0-3)
Woodville / 306 - 55 / (7-1)(4-0)

Week 4 of district play went about as-expected, with the top-3 teams in the district coming away with convincing victories. Coldspring put away Trinity, 36-7. Kirbyville blew out Warren, 56-12. Woodville beat Buna, 28-8. Kountze had a bye week.

Week 5 pits some decent match-ups, although it's another slow week, aside from an interesting match-up down in Buna between the Cougars and Coldspring. Buna is a tough place to play and they have a decent football team out there this year. Could be interesting. Aside from that, Woodville should take care of Kountze pretty easily and Trinity should beat Warren, but it should be one of Warren's more competitive games of the year.

District Standings:

1. Woodville (7-1)(4-0)
2. Coldspring-Oakhurst (3-3)(3-0)
3. Buna (4-3)(2-1)
4. Kirbyville (5-3)(2-2)
5. Trinity (2-6)(1-3)
6. Kountze  (2-5)(0-3)
6. Warren (1-6)(0-3)

Game of the Week:

Buna Cougars vs Coldspring-Oakhurst Trojans

I always thought of how much it would suck having to hope for this to happen or that to happen in order to end up in a particular playoff spot....but now here I am. We need Buna to beat Coldspring by more than 12, and us to beat Buna by more than 12. That would give us the #2 spot in district. Probably won't happen, but I'm hoping.. :)

6 hours ago, Turn back the clock said:

Yes I am and I almost nailed the 12 point win by the Cougars on the head.  I guess you are definitely a Kirbyville fan...No excuses in 2 weeks.

Agreed...no excuses. We were 5 starters short, along with Ty playing injured, when we lost to Coldspring. And yet we still almost pulled that one out. We'll have had 2 easy games plus a bye week by the time we play Buna. Everybody will be healed and rested and ready to take the #2 spot in district. Good luck, but I feel sorry for yall that things fell like they did. Oh and don't forget, we easily handled Orangefield cause everybody was healthy....the same Orangefield team that took yall to the woodshed. 

1 hour ago, WildcatBacker said:

Agreed...no excuses. We were 5 starters short, along with Ty playing injured, when we lost to Coldspring. And yet we still almost pulled that one out. We'll have had 2 easy games plus a bye week by the time we play Buna. Everybody will be healed and rested and ready to take the #2 spot in district. Good luck, but I feel sorry for yall that things fell like they did. Oh and don't forget, we easily handled Orangefield cause everybody was healthy....the same Orangefield team that took yall to the woodshed. 

If you think for one minute you're getting the same team that played Orangefield you will be sadly mistaken 

3 minutes ago, jwbassman said:

If you think for one minute you're getting the same team that played Orangefield you will be sadly mistaken 

Oh no don't misunderstand me, I know Buna is greatly improved since that game. (Didn't have anywhere to go but up actually) What I'm telling you is that yall beat Coldspring, a team that beat Kirbyville, so it would be easy to assume yall have the game against us in the bag. That's a very big negative there ghost rider. Kirbyville will be very much ready and very much prepared and will be more than your cougars can handle. Mark my word, save this post, whatever. Kirbyville will take the #2 spot AHEAD of Buna.

8 minutes ago, WildcatBacker said:

Oh no don't misunderstand me, I know Buna is greatly improved since that game. (Didn't have anywhere to go but up actually) What I'm telling you is that yall beat Coldspring, a team that beat Kirbyville, so it would be easy to assume yall have the game against us in the bag. That's a very big negative there ghost rider. Kirbyville will be very much ready and very much prepared and will be more than your cougars can handle. Mark my word, save this post, whatever. Kirbyville will take the #2 spot AHEAD of Buna.

That's the same mentality that got you beat the last time y'all came to Cougar Stadium. 

3 hours ago, WildcatBacker said:

Wasn't that an excuse?  Smh...

5 minutes ago, Turn back the clock said:

Wasn't that an excuse?  Smh...

An excuse for what? That we lost to Coldspring? Not at all. They were the better team that night...fair and square. No complaints on this end. I brought it up so you'd know that we'll have more bullets against y'all than we had against them and trust me...they all will be firing.