Question for PNG faithful

3rdone

LaMarque did the same thing years ago to PNG and PNG won, so nobody said anything. Jack Yates did it back in the 90's, there's alot of successful team that show out. I don't have a problem with it. Actually,  the opposing team should get pumped up from it and try to take someone's  head off ( not literally). If people don't like it, beat them. Period

2 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

LaMarque did the same thing years ago to PNG and PNG won, so nobody said anything. Jack Yates did it back in the 90's, there's alot of successful team that show out. I don't have a problem with it. Actually,  the opposing team should get pumped up from it and try to take someone's  head off ( not literally). If people don't like it, beat them. Period

Well then! 

On 10/19/2016 at 6:20 AM, thaghost said:

Here's my opinion. People that aren't from PA, or that have moved and support other schools don't like any thing PAM does. So who cares? You continue to show everyone how to be the leader of "class acts." 

Well i supported PAM from a distance for years. I live in New Orleans. Up until my baby brother started playing Varsity, PAM was the team I checked on the most and I of course checked out PN-G because my brother back then was the districts best reiever, JJ Rose. I am from P.A. and so is all of my family. Lots of the people you were arguing with weren't from there or they came from TJ and TJ looked ALOT different then than it did when it closed.

I will give you this, many of the things that PAM does are over reacted to similar to how people reacted to the Carolina and Cam last year. If you don't want to see it, you gotta beat em. Simple as that.

Here is my opinion though, once you leave P.A. you lose PA support like so many kids have lost. Some people  view it as being a traitor as opposed to the pursuit of being a well rounded student athlete. Trust me, I see crap on here all the time, I get calls from friends in back home about the negativity they hear from other people about Shug and other kids like him, and then I see it and hear it first hand when I go home. (Side note, Port Arthur is way too small to talk ish about others, all you need is someone's last name to find them) Lord but let one of them make it big or to the league, I bet $1000 then they are claimed again and people will feel like they should give back. Just re read some of these threads and you can see that.

Well rounded student athlete?  I understand where you're coming from, but PA has many well rounded student athletes.  Many well rounded students in general.  Some kids in PA don't have the support at home to flourish like some others have.  So don't get it twisted.  Parents send their kids to other schools because they want to.  Come to a Memorial graduation, and look at our brightest students.  They will be on par with other schools in other districts.  I have little cousins that attend PAM, and because they have the support at home, thrive in the classroom and are extremely good students and student athletes.  

3 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:
3 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Well i supported PAM from a distance for years. I live in New Orleans. Up until my baby brother started playing Varsity, PAM was the team I checked on the most and I of course checked out PN-G because my brother back then was the districts best reiever, JJ Rose. I am from P.A. and so is all of my family. Lots of the people you were arguing with weren't from there or they came from TJ and TJ looked ALOT different then than it did when it closed.

I will give you this, many of the things that PAM does are over reacted to similar to how people reacted to the Carolina and Cam last year. If you don't want to see it, you gotta beat em. Simple as that.

Here is my opinion though, once you leave P.A. you lose PA support like so many kids have lost. Some people  view it as being a traitor as opposed to the pursuit of being a well rounded student athlete. Trust me, I see crap on here all the time, I get calls from friends in back home about the negativity they hear from other people about Shug and other kids like him, and then I see it and hear it first hand when I go home. (Side note, Port Arthur is way too small to talk ish about others, all you need is someone's last name to find them) Lord but let one of them make it big or to the league, I bet $1000 then they are claimed again and people will feel like they should give back. Just re read some of these threads and you can see that.

Not trying to be rude man, but I'm over and done with that. Just getting ready for some Titan JV football. 

the thread wasn't about PAM...the thread was a comparison for PNG fans. NO..PAM could not beat WOS this year. And until they do something in 5A you PAM fans need to keep your mouth shut. You beat PNG...props. You're the big bad boy on the block...you did what you were supposed to do...THAT'S IT! So much swag from a school that has done absolutley NOTHING! Beat your chest AFTER you've made it past the second round of the playoffs...cheers.

2 hours ago, 3rdone said:

the thread wasn't about PAM...the thread was a comparison for PNG fans. NO..PAM could not beat WOS this year. And until they do something in 5A you PAM fans need to keep your mouth shut. You beat PNG...props. You're the big bad boy on the block...you did what you were supposed to do...THAT'S IT! So much swag from a school that has done absolutley NOTHING! Beat your chest AFTER you've made it past the second round of the playoffs...cheers.

1. Why was PAM used if the thread was NOT them?

2. Yeah, because we're the only fan base that talks. (I was being cynical)

And lastly, why would YOU start a thread and expect for PAM fans to be quiet? Funny thing about it, I told MBG on August 19, 2016 at 5:21 pm that people would say "you couldn't win in 6A" 

5 hours ago, 3rdone said:

They have done something.  They're about to finish 9-0 for the year and make. Nice run in the playoffs...

12 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Well, maybe Shug may be the 1st.  Until then, MC is a big 0fer.  9 times out of 10, they'll be out here working either for or with me.  Not a bad gig but since the Bubble is the mecca of all things good and pure, it's funny how most of the Bubble stars don't either make it to saturdays or don't do squat when they get there........

Anyway, I still think PA would be WO-S in spite of the deficiencies in coaching.......

15 hours ago, thaghost said:

1. Why was PAM used if the thread was NOT them?

2. Yeah, because we're the only fan base that talks. (I was being cynical)

And lastly, why would YOU start a thread and expect for PAM fans to be quiet? Funny thing about it, I told MBG on August 19, 2016 at 5:21 pm that people would say "you couldn't win in 6A" 

Answer to your questions

1. Title of the thread...was never about PAM chest thumpers.

2. Haven't heard PAM say a thing until thy dropped to 5A.

3. I started the thread to get PNG fans perspective, not to get highlight reels of guys in the 8th grade.

Never asked about 6A...PAM has plenty of season left to prove me and everyone else wrong. STATE BOUND!!

15 minutes ago, 3rdone said:

Answer to your questions

3. I started the thread to get PNG fans perspective, not to get highlight reels of guys in the 8th grade.

Never asked about 6A...PAM has plenty of season left to prove me and everyone else wrong. STATE BOUND!!

In bold and your 18 post let's me know that you know nothing worth wasting anymore of my time. GO YE MIGHTY TITANS! 

#BEATLIVINGSTON

9 minutes ago, 3rdone said:

Answer to your questions

Every thread veers off into discussions that have nothing to do with the title on the thread.  It's it's more interesting, people usually talk about that subject or topic more.  Seems like this is what happened here. If your lil FEELINGS are hurt in someway, just get them to lock this thread.

Oh yeah, from my experience, all fans CHEST THUMP in some way when their team is doing well.  Regardless of the district they're playing in.  The kids or school have no say so in  where their put in realignment.  They go out and play the GAME.  I never heard PA fans complaining about about schools having almost 1,000 to 2,000 more kids at NS, LP, ChView, etc.  But some MC fans can only bring up what happened in the tough years of PAM facing those teams.  Nobody complained about Goose Creek Memorial, because they're in the same situation we were in.  They had almost the same numbers that PAM had, but they weren't very good year in and year out, so it wasn't a PROBLEM.  They're replaced by PAM, and now it's about what we couldn't do in 6a and thank God we're in 5a, and win with class.  A lot of you guys are jokes.  Talk like that about volleyball or softball.  Get out of here with that crap when its concerning football.  Memorial is hear now, and until we leave, deal with it and stop crying like Elementary school kids when they can't get their way. SMH

2 minutes ago, thaghost said:

In bold and your 18 post let's me know that you know nothing worth wasting anymore of my time. GO YE MIGHTY TITANS! 

#BEATLIVINGSTON

Then don't...been following this board for 8 years. Never really wanted to post..hence the 18 post.

I played football at WOS...spanked Lincoln and TJ more than once. I've gone through "the program".

And I know PLENTY about SETX football. 

7 minutes ago, PA4Real said:

Every thread veers off into discussions that have nothing to do with the title on the thread.  It's it's more interesting, people usually talk about that subject or topic more.  Seems like this is what happened here. If your lil FEELINGS are hurt in someway, just get them to lock this thread.

Oh yeah, from my experience, all fans CHEST THUMP in some way when their team is doing well.  Regardless of the district they're playing in.  The kids or school have no say so in  where their put in realignment.  They go out and play the GAME.  I never heard PA fans complaining about about schools having almost 1,000 to 2,000 more kids at NS, LP, ChView, etc.  But some MC fans can only bring up what happened in the tough years of PAM facing those teams.  Nobody complained about Goose Creek Memorial, because they're in the same situation we were in.  They had almost the same numbers that PAM had, but they weren't very good year in and year out, so it wasn't a PROBLEM.  They're replaced by PAM, and now it's about what we couldn't do in 6a and thank God we're in 5a, and win with class.  A lot of you guys are jokes.  Talk like that about volleyball or softball.  Get out of here with that crap when its concerning football.  Memorial is hear now, and until we leave, deal with it and stop crying like Elementary school kids when they can't get their way. SMH

LOL...uh,  all I did was answer his question. No one here is hurt. Just good banter nothing more...talking a lil smack, ruffling the feathers so to speak...hahaha calm down

3 minutes ago, 3rdone said:

LOL...uh,  all I did was answer his question. No one here is hurt. Just good banter nothing more...talking a lil smack, ruffling the feathers so to speak...hahaha calm down

I'll take that. Lmao!!  Mission accomplished (Feathers were ruffled)  Picking my feathers up and going back to work.

I will say this though...with all the talent that memorial there is NO WAY they shouldn't go undefeated going into the playoffs EVERY YEAR! What I don''t understand, is there too much pride in the staff at memorial that they won't pick WOS staff's brain about coaching, offseason prep, player development, etc..?

If I had that talent, my program would be modeled after the areas most successful program. That's almost a no brainer. It happens all over that state in other programs, just wondering if there is something going on there. To be honest with all that athleticism roaming the halls at memorial, you put WOS staff there and they have 2 state titles...at least!

2 minutes ago, 3rdone said:

I will say this though...with all the talent that memorial there is NO WAY they shouldn't go undefeated going into the playoffs EVERY YEAR! What I don''t understand, is there too much pride in the staff at memorial that they won't pick WOS staff's brain about coaching, offseason prep, player development, etc..?

If I had that talent, my program would be modeled after the areas most successful program. That's almost a no brainer. It happens all over that state in other programs, just wondering if there is something going on there. To be honest with all that athleticism roaming the halls at memorial, you put WOS staff there and they have 2 state titles...at least!

I agree.  I hate to say it, but the play calling is really suspect.  You have D1 Wrs that were NON EXISTENT AND you're running a SPREAD OFFENSE.  If I run Hines that much, I would give him better run block support.  He did great against PNG, but its hard to do it in the playoffs in a spread offense.

2 minutes ago, PA4Real said:

I agree.  I hate to say it, but the play calling is really suspect.  You have D1 Wrs that were NON EXISTENT AND you're running a SPREAD OFFENSE.  If I run Hines that much, I would give him better run block support.  He did great against PNG, but its hard to do it in the playoffs in a spread offense.

that is what I'm talking about! You have ALL that talent spilling over the sides of the football field and you don't use it???

Chew on this...I live in San Antonio..I've been to Judson and Steele games this year (relatives) and Memorial  has more, speed, talent than BOTH of these schools! If I was coaching them, WOS would be our undershirts at practice because we would look just like them, but just with more of it...COULD YOU IMAGINE THAT JUGGERNAUT!!!???

hey wait a minute...you got me talking about memorial...haha I see what you did there.