Question for PNG faithful

3rdone

10 hours ago, P.A Texas in da building said:

The same way Memorial defense practically held Png explosive offense to 7 points until under 5 minutes, they would do the same to West Orange. They haven't faced a rb like hines. Pump yall brakes

yes and the same Port Neches Defense that held your high octane offense to 7 points in a half, not to mention the offensive possession yall scored on was from 10 yards out. We had no answer for W
OS offense although it was a scrimmage. I will tell you this Hines might / will get his but WOS is built to stop just about any offense in the area.

I don't know who would win out of WOS/Memorial, but it would be a close game.  I don't see either team winning by more than 2 tds.  The coaching edge of course would go to WOS.  They're champs.   I would give an edge to WOS because they are a Championship team.  Been there done that.  PAM is trying to do that.  Nobody in their right mind would judge png/wos scrimmage being the deciding factor of who you would give the edge to for the simple fact RJ couldn't run.  That played a big role in the game being close with PAM.  Plus, the team they were and are now are completely different.  The momentum you start the season off won't be the same as when you finish.  They're a much better team now as well as Memorial.  WOS/PAM would be the best game in the area, right behind the PNG game which was great.

Its great to talk what ifs, but at the end of the day, the kids get on the field and anything can happen Any Given Friday Night. lol  The team that played WOS close a couple of wks ago probably wasn't expected to put up those kinds of points? Correct?  Like I said, I would give a slight edge to WOS.  PAM can run and pass.  Just because the plays weren't called doesn't mean they couldn't have aired it out.  They just need an overhaul of their passing plays. Screens and fades won't cut it in the playoffs or against WOS.  They have the best receiving core in the district and in the area IMO.  Just wasn't utilized AT ALL FRIDAY.

1 hour ago, PortArthur33 said:

I don't know who would win out of WOS/Memorial, but it would be a close game.  I don't see either team winning by more than 2 tds.  The coaching edge of course would go to WOS.  They're champs.   I would give an edge to WOS because they are a Championship team.  Been there done that.  PAM is trying to do that.  Nobody in their right mind would judge png/wos scrimmage being the deciding factor of who you would give the edge to for the simple fact RJ couldn't run.  That played a big role in the game being close with PAM.  Plus, the team they were and are now are completely different.  The momentum you start the season off won't be the same as when you finish.  They're a much better team now as well as Memorial.  WOS/PAM would be the best game in the area, right behind the PNG game which was great.

This is a valid point. The only time RJ ran he got about 12 yards. That being said, WOS can compete with many good teams in 5A. I think they would make a run into the playoffs. But then you get to Cedar park, Manvel etc.

5 minutes ago, 3rdone said:

Just for kicks and giggles...calpreps has WOS 21 Cedar Park 17 in a hypothetical matchup

FYI...it also had the WOS/Nederland game 42-6...of course hypothetical 

Agree.  Everything is hypothetical when it comes to predictions.  If this team does this or does that. lol  The games have to be played.

5 minutes ago, 3rdone said:

It's hypothetical...but man they are good. WOS/Kennedale 41-14..actual 44-21. Not bad for hypothetical

That's what makes sports talk and hypotheticals fun.  Nobody is wrong, because its their opinion.  Its when we take it personal and get away from real sports talk.  I love it.

The PNG/PAM will have the best rivalry in the district, for sure the next 2 more years.  Although PNG will get better with the development of Johnson, Memorial could actually be better at the QB position the next 2 yrs also.  Nothing compares to the atmosphere of a PNG/NED rivalry game, but the game to watch will be PAM/PNG.

RJ had around 93 rushing..What are yall talking about??? He didn't run????

Titans 33, Indians 28
Memorial 7 0 20 6 — 33
PN-Groves 0 7 7 14 — 28

First quarter
PAM — Elijah Hines 8 (Lisandro Nunez kick), 7:45
Second quarter
PNG — Roschon Johnson 11 run (Preston Riggs kick), 6:39
Third quarter
PAM — Hines 10 run (kick blocked), 10:35
PNG — Austin Bost 16 interception return (Riggs kick), 7:33
PAM — Hines 66 run (Adrian Williams pass from Kadon Harrison), 7:23
PAM — Hines 55 run (kick blocked), 4:03
Fourth quarter
PAM — Hines 8 run (kick fail), 11:57
PNG — Johnson 8 run (Riggs kick), 10:09
PNG — Johnson 7 run (Riggs kick), :34

PNG PAM
First Downs        16 13
Rushes-Yards     38-166 38-291
Passing Yards     182 82
Total Yards          348 373
Comp-Att-Int     9-21-1 8-14-2
Fumbles-Lost     1-1 1-0
Penalties-Yards 5-45 7-75

Individual leaders
RUSHING:  PNG — Roschon Johnson 19-93, Preston Hughes 18-92. PAM — Elijah Hines 31-303.
PASSING: PNG — Johnson 9-21-1 182. PAM — Harrison 8-14-2 82.
RECEIVING: PNG — Preston Riggs 4-107, Hughes 3-47. PAM — De’Andre Angelle 5-36, Keitha Jones 2-40.

He was probably talking about the scrimmage RJ wasn't allowed to run.  A real game would be different.

His running vs PAM made it a close game.  He balled out that game. It's not about running a passing for him that game.  Along with his passing and running ability, plus being very gifted and talented; he is super competitive, and compared to a lot of Qbs in the area, that separates him from the most.

7 minutes ago, PA4Real said:

He was probably talking about the scrimmage RJ wasn't allowed to run.  A real game would be different.

Maybe so, because I know he ran during the PAM game. A little by design and a little running for his life..lol

That kid isn't scared though. If I was his Mama, I couldn't watch him play..lol

14 minutes ago, NDNation said:

RJ had around 93 rushing..What are yall talking about??? He didn't run????

Titans 33, Indians 28
Memorial 7 0 20 6 — 33
PN-Groves 0 7 7 14 — 28

First quarter
PAM — Elijah Hines 8 (Lisandro Nunez kick), 7:45
Second quarter
PNG — Roschon Johnson 11 run (Preston Riggs kick), 6:39
Third quarter
PAM — Hines 10 run (kick blocked), 10:35
PNG — Austin Bost 16 interception return (Riggs kick), 7:33
PAM — Hines 66 run (Adrian Williams pass from Kadon Harrison), 7:23
PAM — Hines 55 run (kick blocked), 4:03
Fourth quarter
PAM — Hines 8 run (kick fail), 11:57
PNG — Johnson 8 run (Riggs kick), 10:09
PNG — Johnson 7 run (Riggs kick), :34

PNG PAM
First Downs        16 13
Rushes-Yards     38-166 38-291
Passing Yards     182 82
Total Yards          348 373
Comp-Att-Int     9-21-1 8-14-2
Fumbles-Lost     1-1 1-0
Penalties-Yards 5-45 7-75

Individual leaders
RUSHING:  PNG — Roschon Johnson 19-93, Preston Hughes 18-92. PAM — Elijah Hines 31-303.
PASSING: PNG — Johnson 9-21-1 182. PAM — Harrison 8-14-2 82.
RECEIVING: PNG — Preston Riggs 4-107, Hughes 3-47. PAM — De’Andre Angelle 5-36, Keitha Jones 2-40.

Yeah, I was talking about the Wos scrimmage.  Qbs can't run in a scrimmage .  Thats a big difference in a regular game.  He couldn't really get his pass game going against Memorial, so he made it a great game with his legs.

Nobody is saying what Memorial defense would do to West Orange offense. They haven't and wont face a team with Memorial team speed. Png offense only scored 1 td when the game was competitive. Those last two tds you seen an unagressive, nonchalant mentally relaxed defense because they knew the game was decided.  The score was 33-14 with under 5 minutes left.  They let off the gas folks. RJ stats were inflated from those drives.