All-District 21-3A Girls Hoop Team

KFDM COOP

All-District 21-3A girls hoop team

Leader Sports

The Orange Leader

Here is the All-District 21-3A Girls Basketball Team as selected by the 21-3A coaches:

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Brittney Scott, WO-S

OFFENSIVE MVPS: Denitra Kellum, Kirbyville; Ang Green, Silsbee

DEFENSIVE MVP: Kristy Sanders, Orangefield

COACH OF THE YEAR: Bob Killam, Silsbee

FFIRST TEAM

Brandi owler, Silsbee

Memri Carmon, Hamshire-Fannett

Janae Hendreson, WO-S

Kaylin Little, Orangefield

Samieka Buckley, Silsbee

Jessica Shores, Orangefield

Kia Hartfield, WO-S

Katelyn Bernsen, Hardin-Jefferson

SECOND TEAM

Laura Riddick, Orangefield

Paige Roy, Orangefield

Latricia Moore, Hardin-Jefferson

Cheyenne Craigen, Hamshire-Fannett

Brittany Henry, Silsbee

Chelsye Tyler, Silsbee

Brittany Bronson, Jasper

Georgina Kelly, Kirbyville

Guest bleed orange

Whats up bigred? Have not heard from you in a while. How did I know you were just waiting in the wings for this thread to pop up. Guess what I am not going to argue with you about it this year. Well maybe later or maybe not at all.

Guest bleed orange

Being that she benched her best player for the last half of the season, I suppose she didn't have much to bargain with! 

I was kind of thinking the same way. Maybe she did not put her up on the board. Pure speculation. I kind of wanted to see the honorable mentions before I said anything.

Well first off winning is not the criteria for individual honors....IF your good your good on a bad team or great team. 

As for not watching your own niece because you couldnot stand to watch, well that is just plain stupid.  Oh thats right, stupid....not supporting a kid cause you can't deal with it.  Ranks right up there with being a summerball coach and making 80,000.00.....(see softball forum)

Guest bleed orange

Maybe coaching does have a little to do with it but not having a lot talent does also. I am not trying to be ugly but the girls from Bridge City lack fundamental skills. They are good athletes but lack basketball skills. If you watch them play they all dribble with their head down. You can't see the court with your head down. Fundamentals should be taught at a young age. I think Bridge City is making srides to change this but it will take some time.

Maybe coaching does have a little to do with it but not having a lot talent does also. I am not trying to be ugly but the girls from Bridge City lack fundamental skills. They are good athletes but lack basketball skills. If you watch them play they all dribble with their head down. You can't see the court with your head down. Fundamentals should be taught at a young age. I think Bridge City is making srides to change this but it will take some time.

I would be in agreement with all of that, except for the one kid!  A little polishing she could use, but her skills are there.

and about that softball remark, if your talking about the tourn. in Jasper you failed to mention we pitched our FRESHMAN pitcher because Ratcliff arm is hurt, and also come to find out the mound was 2 feet to close to the plate.  Hope you don't eat your words this season.  Not taking anything away from Shandi, or the rest of the team, cause ya'll can def. hit the ball, but to say we aren't good at all cause your mad your basketball coach doesn't know what she is doing?  Come on now.

Congratulations Coach Killam, Ang, Brandi, Sameika, Brittany and Chelsye.  We are proud of you.  You all made awesome contributions to an exciting season and you earned your spot at the top of the district race, along with the support of the rest of your team.  One of the best things about watching the Lady Tigers this year was never having to worry if one or two got into foul trouble, because there were plenty of other talented players ready to step in and pick up the slack.  From game to game, while the five ladies mentioned above made their presence known,  you never knew who else might be an impact player that night.  Be it Sherry's 3 point shooting, Quela's rebounding and put backs,  or Shedryl's quick hands on defense - just when the competition thought they had it figured out, someone else would be there to accept the challenge.  I really want to say thanks for making it so much fun to come out and watch!!! 

As far as BC's basketball goes, it is true that some have skills, but just as we stated LAST year, that if it is not developed in programs like little dribblers then the learning curve by the time they are in high school might be too much for them to get over.  Just like you stated with some of the girls dribbling with their heads down.  IF they had worked at it for years like they do with softball then it would most definitly be better.

Now for the player or players who might have not played, well lets not rule out that sometimes players might do things they should not, therefore have to suffer the consequences.  Team sports is not always about winning therefore players who do not follow the direction of the coach, or the rules have to pay the price. So before anyone bad mouths a coach on here, you might want to know the facts.  Which by the comments made on here, definitly shows you dont.  And yes BC has made strides in basketball, Rome was not built in a day.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder