All-District 21-3A Girls Hoop Team

KFDM COOP

Guest bleed orange

It does not matter if you are in little dribblers or not. If the coaches don't teach fundamentals then nothing will change. Your right Bigred, it is not all about winning in little dribblers except for all-stars. In the league itself it should be about teaching every kid fundamentals. Coaches get wrapped up in winning , making their kid the superstar or letting their best player shoot the ball every time. Thats is not what the league should be about. Believe me I have seen it first hand many times and I was the president of the Orangefield Little Dribblers. This problem exsist in every organized youth sports. The Girls program at Orangefield has been good because of good parents. We were fortunate to have a good high school coach but the parent of these girls were dedicated and sacrificed alot of time and money. Dedication is the key!!!!!!!!!

Guest hello

It comes down to this question, did the BC coach put anyone up? If not, then she should have a talkn to about it. If she did, then it is not her fault. It happens in ever sport, Brett Ramsey was put up and did not get voted on by other coaches in the district. If she did not put anyone up, then that is not good. either one of the twins would make my team.

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Brittney Scott, WO-S

OFFENSIVE MVPS: Denitra Kellum, Kirbyville; Ang Green, Silsbee

DEFENSIVE MVP: Kristy Sanders, Orangefield

FIRST TEAM

Brandi owler, Silsbee

Memri Carmon, Hamshire-Fannett

Janae Hendreson, WO-S

Kaylin Little, Orangefield

Samieka Buckley, Silsbee

Jessica Shores, Orangefield

Kia Hartfield, WO-S

Katelyn Bernsen, Hardin-Jefferson

SECOND TEAM

Laura Riddick, Orangefield

Paige Roy, Orangefield

Latricia Moore, Hardin-Jefferson

Cheyenne Craigen, Hamshire-Fannett

Brittany Henry, Silsbee

Chelsye Tyler, Silsbee

Brittany Bronson, Jasper

Georgina Kelly, Kirbyville

Who has signed to play at the next level ?

...but the parent of these girls were dedicated and sacrificed alot of time and money. Dedication is the key!!!!!!!!!

Actually, dedication, time and money are the keys, it would seem. Unfortunately, many dedicated parents can't afford the time and the money that is spent on camps, AAU, etc.  ;)

Guest bleed orange

I agree with you stang4life. Most of the time and money was spent in Little dribblers and the money came from fundraising. When the girls got older the numbers dropped. One guy from Orangefield still wanted the girls to play AAU. So he started a team with girls from all over the golden triangle. There was a few from Orangefield,WOS, Hamphire Fannett, Lumberton to name a few. This guy is special. I won't mention is name but he did it out of the kindness of his heart. Persons like him are hard to find. But they are out there. There are people out there who do care, not only about their own kid but others. I did not read anything bad in your post. I was just letting you know that, even under certian situations where a parent works all the time or cannot afford it. There are people out there that go the extra mile. But I think you already know that.

Oh...and I agree.  My point was that unfortunately there are more kids that don't benefit from that type of generosity than do.  It's great that there are still good people in the world because more people need to do just as he did/does.  Sadly, so many who can afford it, don't "give back" or attempt to help those kids who need it today.  His blessings will be many.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont