Newton 42 Crockett 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

2 hours ago, EaglesFootball said:

Half of their penalties backer were for breaking huddle with 12 that's no playing favorites. Another penalty they had was on 4th and 2 and they jumped offsides on hard count. They got called for ineligible receiver down field once where they wanted a screen but newton read it and the QB scrambled around and finally through the ball but all the lineman were down field and ball was thrown pass line of scrooge another legit call. And they had a few false starts all legit penalties. 

I read back on the thread some and saw this crazeddeer dude was complaining early on when they were down 28-0 that Newton wasn't good, they had only gotten lucky. Lol.. My apologies for defending him. I mean there are some frustrating games to watch because of the refs, but this does now look like a sore loser grasping at anything. Good win Eagles, and congrats to Crockett on not giving up. 

2 hours ago, EaglesFootball said:

Half of their penalties backer were for breaking huddle with 12 that's no playing favorites. Another penalty they had was on 4th and 2 and they jumped offsides on hard count. They got called for ineligible receiver down field once where they wanted a screen but newton read it and the QB scrambled around and finally through the ball but all the lineman were down field and ball was thrown pass line of scrooge another legit call. And they had a few false starts all legit penalties. 

Exactly. Those mean refs wouldn't let Crockett play with 12 players. Someone should call someone. 

Crockett does have a great football team. Newton may see them again in the playoffs. Crockett had many self inflicted wounds. Newton really didn't play very well. Barbay is a much better passer than he showed Friday night. Luck is involved in every game. The best team does not always win. But the combination of luck and great play will take you far. Crockett will get another chance to prove themselves. Chances are, luck or bad calls will not decide the out come of their season. But if you play consistent great football you will most likely get what you deserve. Don't blame your season on this game. Learn from it, and improve. Big plays aren't always luck. Interceptions aren't always luck. But they are part of the game.

Guess i'll come out of my hole now the dust is settled!....did not  go as i planned even with all our mistakes erased i still think my dogs would of still come up short,the eagles are legit/ also beatable  .....so nothing is promised in game two for the figs i can promise you that.....and if you don't think that there will be a game two you have done bumped your strawberry out of your fig Newton........good game Newton peeps catch you guys on the next one!!!

59 minutes ago, BLUEDOGGY said:

Guess i'll come out of my hole now the dust is settled!....did not  go as i planned even with all our mistakes erased i still think my dogs would of still come up short,the eagles are legit/ also beatable  .....so nothing is promised in game two for the figs i can promise you that.....and if you don't think that there will be a game two you have done bumped your strawberry out of your fig Newton........good game Newton peeps catch you guys on the next one!!!

Hate to tell you Blue.. Same outcome. .in a rematch . Newton played half throttle in this game. The second half was with 2nd position players. Never hurts to dream tho. 

On 10/8/2016 at 1:11 PM, Amphibious Rodent said:

Crockett does have a great football team. Newton may see them again in the playoffs. Crockett had many self inflicted wounds. Newton really didn't play very well. Barbay is a much better passer than he showed Friday night. Luck is involved in every game. The best team does not always win. But the combination of luck and great play will take you far. Crockett will get another chance to prove themselves. Chances are, luck or bad calls will not decide the out come of their season. But if you play consistent great football you will most likely get what you deserve. Don't blame your season on this game. Learn from it, and improve. Big plays aren't always luck. Interceptions aren't always luck. But they are part of the game.

See for yourselves, just a talented team capitalizing and making big plays!!

8 minutes ago, EaglesFootball said:

It's been a balanced attack everyone has been doing their part getting it done. Everyone having a great season that is what is so great about this team no one person has to carry the team.

...And that's the dangerous teams...  You can't key in on one...  And looks like the passing game is looking good too.  

1 minute ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

...And that's the dangerous teams...  You can't key in on one...  And looks like the passing game is looking good too.  

Yes alot better than in years past which is great for us it keeps them from putting 9 in the box now we can back them off and open up our running game. We have thrown the ball really well this year hope that keeps going all the way to Arlington.. :)

3 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

We have multiple backs who can run the ball and those 4 backs split all the carries and we have multiple receivers who can go out and make plays so we have a chance to be really good and make that run Soulja.

2 minutes ago, EaglesFootball said:

Yes alot better than in years past which is great for us it keeps them from putting 9 in the box now we can back them off and open up our running game. We have thrown the ball really well this year hope that keeps going all the way to Arlington.. :)

If the defense keeps getting better, I see y'all there too...

11 minutes ago, GATA! said:

Yea I would say brown contributes really well for a sophomore lol ...and is lucky to even be playing after that near miss accident

#24 Darwin Barlow sophomore is legit RB, 

Senior #7 RB : JD Spikes a speed demon 

but the sophomore class on this team is the real deal . Soph FS #9 Josh Foster has 4 ints 

3 minutes ago, Back2swag said:

#24 Darwin Barlow sophomore is legit RB, 

Senior #7 RB : JD Spikes a speed demon 

but the sophomore class on this team is the real deal . Soph FS #9 Josh Foster has 4 ints 

Gonna be an interesting matchup next year in Newton.  Silsbee's Jr class, next year's seniors will be really good.  

The key to Newton winning multiple state championships is their ability to defend the pass, and passiing the football acuratly. It is a threat this year. It could be better, but it's good enough to win a state championship. Pass defense could improve. It is definitely better than years past. But they are prone to get burned by the d backs defending run first. In my opinion, Newton has failed to win 2-3 state championships, due to a week secondary. And the absence of any passing game to speak of. I'm definitely a Newton fan. Just stating as what I believe is the obvious. It's hard to win a state championship even if you have the best team. There is 4-5 other teams that can beat Newton if everything goes well for them, or if Newton makes mistakes or throws the football away. Barbay will need to be on his game when they play teams that throw the ball well. Let there be no doubt Crockett is one of those teams. Newton should win a another state championship. But they will have to be on their A Game. They have the best team, if they play like it, barring injuries. Champions again.

16 hours ago, Amphibious Rodent said:

The key to Newton winning multiple state championships is their ability to defend the pass, and passiing the football acuratly. It is a threat this year. It could be better, but it's good enough to win a state championship. Pass defense could improve. It is definitely better than years past. But they are prone to get burned by the d backs defending run first. In my opinion, Newton has failed to win 2-3 state championships, due to a week secondary. And the absence of any passing game to speak of. I'm definitely a Newton fan. Just stating as what I believe is the obvious. It's hard to win a state championship even if you have the best team. There is 4-5 other teams that can beat Newton if everything goes well for them, or if Newton makes mistakes or throws the football away. Barbay will need to be on his game when they play teams that throw the ball well. Let there be no doubt Crockett is one of those teams. Newton should win a another state championship. But they will have to be on their A Game. They have the best team, if they play like it, barring injuries. Champions again.

I agree with Newton not having a passing have but the secondary has been great the last few years . It has already produced 2 D1 corner backs . Roney Elam Texas A&M. Dj Dean Arkansas .