Newton 42 Crockett 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, crazeddeer said:

You can't tell me that fake first down,fake no pass interference,fake 3 calls in a row to stop momentum you want me to go on.

Ok so please don't tell me you are talking about the deep ball that was thrown 15 yards short that you wanted a PI called on an uncatchable ball I think not plus the receiver who threw it got it tipped as he was throwing it and got rocked they not gonna bail you out on that. The "fake first down" as you call it was a first the nose of ball was passed the sticks. Now what 3 penalties in a row are you talking about that stopped momentum? Plus how about newton 1st down at end of game where they moved the ball back after placing it past 1st then moving it back. What you should be mad about it how terrible yalls coaches acted all night sound like a bunch of winning babies in a nursery room. Grow up and take your lose we are better and it was proven tonight no 1 or 2 calls didn't decide the game. Newton out played crockett from the start.

3 hours ago, EaglesFootball said:

Ok so please don't tell me you are talking about the deep ball that was thrown 15 yards short that you wanted a PI called on an uncatchable ball I think not plus the receiver who threw it got it tipped as he was throwing it and got rocked they not gonna bail you out on that. The "fake first down" as you call it was a first the nose of ball was passed the sticks. Now what 3 penalties in a row are you talking about that stopped momentum? Plus how about newton 1st down at end of game where they moved the ball back after placing it past 1st then moving it back. What you should be mad about it how terrible yalls coaches acted all night sound like a bunch of winning babies in a nursery room. Grow up and take your lose we are better and it was proven tonight no 1 or 2 calls didn't decide the game. Newton out played crockett from the start.

Dude I am from lufkin I call em as I see it y'all got the home cooking refs tonight tell me one time y'all just drove the ball right down crockets throat y'all had several 4 down conversions lame duck passes that shouldn't have been nowhere near completed yea y'all got stats but and the win so y'all can say anything but I bet the masses at that game won't feel comfortable meeting that team again.

This is why I can't stand it when the refs make their presence known in a game. I was not at this game and I have no dog in this hunt, but I will say I have seen games like what crazeddeer saw...where it appears the refs were definitely playing favorites. Cut him some slack because with Crockett having twice as many penalties as Newton, he might have a point. I'm not saying Newton wasn't the better team, and I'm not even saying the calls (or lack of) were incorrect. But I mean come on...let the boys play the game. Many many things can and do interfere with a team's momentum that become game killers and refs are no exception. Doesn't mean somebody's whining. They're frustrated and a LOT of times...justifiably so. Twice as many flags?  ....I'd say he's got a point. 

He may live in Lufkin, but for some reason Crazeddeer really likes Crockett in a big way because he sure is butt hurt. He hasn't given any credit that Newton may be pretty darn good! He hasn't given any credit that Newton has some really good players! You know, Crockett isn't the only good team in the state! Heck, be happy about being the second best team instead of whining the whole time. Also, you stated that Newton fans won't be comfortable about meeting that team again?? Lol. Well, I can promise you that is the other way around because that's when Crockett's season ends. But, that's nothing Crockett should hang their hat on! They do have a good team here that will do good things! Just give credit when credit is due! No one likes a sour, butt hurt individual. Take the L and move on! Good luck to the crockett boys! 

32 minutes ago, WildcatBacker said:

This is why I can't stand it when the refs make their presence known in a game. I was not at this game and I have no dog in this hunt, but I will say I have seen games like what crazeddeer saw...where it appears the refs were definitely playing favorites. Cut him some slack because with Crockett having twice as many penalties as Newton, he might have a point. I'm not saying Newton wasn't the better team, and I'm not even saying the calls (or lack of) were incorrect. But I mean come on...let the boys play the game. Many many things can and do interfere with a team's momentum that become game killers and refs are no exception. Doesn't mean somebody's whining. They're frustrated and a LOT of times...justifiably so. Twice as many flags?  ....I'd say he's got a point. 

Half of their penalties backer were for breaking huddle with 12 that's no playing favorites. Another penalty they had was on 4th and 2 and they jumped offsides on hard count. They got called for ineligible receiver down field once where they wanted a screen but newton read it and the QB scrambled around and finally through the ball but all the lineman were down field and ball was thrown pass line of scrooge another legit call. And they had a few false starts all legit penalties.