Beaumont Central @ Nederland

Alpha Wolf

1 hour ago, pakronos said:

how is centrals run defense??? i say use the starter and run heavy with the occasional quick screens. not sure why fernandez was yanked, but he's better than nothing.

Had a concussion the game before and got cleared Friday to play but the lights were bothering him so they took him out..should be good this week!!

On 10/1/2016 at 11:41 AM, BMTSoulja1 said:

I can see it now.  We'll win the coin toss...  We'll defer.  Nederland scores first drive...  Wrong QB will be in, wrong offense will be ran.  Jet Sweep right, jet sweep fake, trap handoff, sack.  Punt.  (3 and out).  This will happen. Twice and we'll be down 2 scores.   I'll close my eyes for the rest of the game...

Well if Ned wins the toss they almost always defer,  I don't understand that thinking against teams like PAM and Central.  Better to go down and score first than play from behind, IMO.

8 minutes ago, bigdog said:

Well if Ned wins the toss they almost always defer,  I don't understand that thinking against teams like PAM and Central.  Better to go down and score first than play from behind, IMO.

PAM won the toss Friday and deferred to Nederland. 

If you think your defense is the strength of your team, you can still score first by pinning them deep and controlling field position early.  I don't think Neumann defers when he has the option, with the intention of playing from behind.

2 hours ago, bigdog said:

I know...  You'd think that they'll choose to receive since historically, Nederland has good offenses...

Well here we are and I must say one of the craziest football seasons I remember. My Dogs stand in a hole and as Dogs we tend to dig them. I spoke with Ty Sheppard dad the other day, and we both agree that yes we are now in playoff mode. However if there is any team that can, and I will say, that will pull out is THE NEDERLAND BULLDOGS. We believe that we can run the table of these last game, not out of talent, but of coaching and will to win. Yes I have many issue with things personal with some, but when it comes to coaching up kids talents, their is none better than THE NEDERLAND BULLDOGS. I am calling all Seniors to stand strong and lead the chains, we are not out nor are we quitting. FROM NOW ON ONE GAME-ONE TACKLE-DOG TO DOG UNTIL IT'S OVER. WE KNOW WHO WE ARE THEY KNOW WHO YOU ARE- I BELIEVE STILL SO BELIEVE IN YOUSELF-TIME TO BARK-FIGHT FOR WHAT IS YOURS-I SEE PLAYOFFS GO GET IT!!!!! LOVE MY DOGS!!!!!!