22-5a after week 5

RoschonsBigBro

9 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Lol, Porter threw for 400+ yards on Crosby, Vidor can't complete a forward pass. Crosby has probably only given up 350 rushing yards on the season after four games. Porter has a new coach and better players than Vidor, BH already showed Vidor that you can't handle that this year. You proved you're ignorant about Crosby football if you think kids like Tay'lor Perry or Johnny Harper won't come downhill and end your season or a kid like Trey Edwards won't run you slap over from the receiver position.

You're right though, five years ago when Kevin Flannigan was coaching here and we didn't have any of the current kids on the team Vidor beat a 6-4 Crosby team with the sophomore Twins for their first and only bi-district win in 54 years. That coach was fired and hired at WB, well see if Matthews can even keep his team on the field with Riordan at the helm. He couldn't with BH before we blew them out.  

Since Porter passed for 400+ yards, no wonder the Coogs only give up 350 yards rushing.  Not many of your opponents run the ball much.  You line up against Vidor, and your going to get hit every play.  Coug defense will be wanting some relief.

Btw, I hope you don't hate on Porter for beating y'all, like you do Vidor.  Go Eagles!

13 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I wouldn't call going into overtime and winning by three getting smoked but if it suits your narrative then ok, just remember those studs we were missing will be playing. Be for real though dude, you lost by 5 tds at home and just had to go to overtime to beat a bad Nederland team. A Nederland team that lost to 2-3 Dayton and was shut out 42-0 by WOS. Jim Holley would do the same thing to Vidor Westeberg did. Nobody wants to play y'all because you suck and are irrelevant, the only reason BH put y'all on the schedule was because they needed an easy win for the new head coach to start his program off and that's exactly what happened.

Vidor gets crap games because your program is a cellar dweller and you run an antiquated system that doesn't prepare anybody for anything besides getting their knees cut all the time. Do you honestly think the reason the best non-district game you can get is Channelview because somebody is scared to line up with y'all? You play 3A, 4A and out of state schools because none of the other good teams in the state respect your program enough to think it's worth their while.

I don't have to ask our school board anything, maybe you should ask yours to provide a playing surface that won't require a grown up Easter egg hunt for their children's shoes though.

That's a freaking awesome post..... I'm still laughing.... Beating on the 33%ers!!! Win one game, and bam, state bound.....

14 hours ago, vidor96pirates said:

Starting qb was injured last year.  Quirante knows how to lead that offense.  Just keep thinking it's the same team,  and you might be surprised. 

Yeah i know about yalls qb,but just wait until you see ours go beast mode on vidor,he don't just run,he can pass and he will,can yall handle the air attack and these big recievers,all yall have is run run run,stop it and it's all over,and i know we will stop it,just wait and see,this def is strong against the run and will contain vidor enough to score more,jmo.

9 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

The thing I am liking about this year's team is they don't give up. They have got progressively better each week. In the past after giving up a lead to a team like Nederland the wind would have been knocked out of the sails and probably ended in a loss.  It's the teams that get better as the season goes along you have to watch for.  They focus on the team they are playing that week and don't look ahead.  Looking forward to seeing what happens during crunch time. Good group of kids here. 

11 minutes ago, class-99 Indians said:

Your sure right about that,im telling them on here that our run def is pretty tough,it's better than nederlands,plus we have a stud qb that is going to have JM drinking at the game,lol.

We shall see. Ned held Vidor to 275 yards rushing. They average 450. I will make a side wager that Vidor runs for 275 plus on PNG. 

5 hours ago, AdvoSETexas said:

better take advantage of the time your offense is on the field. Vidor can eat up some clock.

look how many points dogs put on vidor,Png has way more weapons is vidor gonna try and hold that big #11 because he is a freak of nature alone just wait,yall had ned 14-0 at one point thats not going to happen against us,can your off kept up thats the question,i can't wait until we play someone then whats people going to say when vidor goes down,its going to be a great hard hitting game no doubt because our players hit too,watch out for them Lb's and theres many more that will take your helmet off.

9 minutes ago, jake94 said:

We shall see. Ned held Vidor to 275 yards rushing. They average 450. I will make a side wager that Vidor runs for 275 plus on PNG. 

Not going to happen brother,i sure hope not because our off won't get the ball until they chew all the clock down,i know there going to get yards but not that many we will load it up on them and shut that tricky crap down,just like last year same ole stuff,we shut that run down last year,and blew them up,i was at the ned vidor game last year and they ran all over dogs,so its pretty much same stuff with there qb now playing but it's not going to matter,our off will be too much for them in the end no matter what.js

13 hours ago, REBgp said:

Since Porter passed for 400+ yards, no wonder the Coogs only give up 350 yards rushing.  Not many of your opponents run the ball much.  You line up against Vidor, and your going to get hit every play.  Coug defense will be wanting some relief.

Btw, I hope you don't hate on Porter for beating y'all, like you do Vidor.  Go Eagles!

Every team we played so far tried to run the ball against us except Porter. I would put the number close to 125 rushing attempts to gain those 350 yards. Quite a bit more rushing attempts against us than pass attempts. Port Lavaca runs the same offense as Vidor does and runs it a heck of a lot better and with more talent, their fans said the same thing about their "smash-mouth" style against Crosby. It was 30-0 at halftime and Crosby ended up beating them worse than any team that year even though they were in a district with Angleton, George Ranch and Foster. You guys just struggled with Nederland and they didn't even use their ineligible player against y'all.

As far as Porter, it was only a matter of time before things fell into place for them. They have the largest and nicest school in the district, they play in the best facility in the district and now they have a coach who when at KP was beating state ranked CE King. After finishing 4th that year he also beat district champ Ned in the first round. He caught Crosby going through some stuff and made us pay just like he did King for looking past them, a King squad whose qb went to Tulane and whose rb is leading A&M in rushing as a true freshman. Now he has better players instead of just having one stud like Jaylen Henderson. The main goal at the beginning of the season was for Crosby to find a way into the D2 playoffs, a loss to Porter has done that.

2 hours ago, Stattrax said:

Thinking about having some leather jackets made for the Caboose riders and the Vidorites.....Like a motorcycle gang... Put a 33%ers patch on one side.. Looking to come up with a good name for the gang... Any help would be appreciated... Thanks....

The jacket will go well with your leather ass-less chaps.

12 hours ago, class-99 Indians said:

look how many points dogs put on vidor,Png has way more weapons is vidor gonna try and hold that big #11 because he is a freak of nature alone just wait,yall had ned 14-0 at one point thats not going to happen against us,can your off kept up thats the question,i can't wait until we play someone then whats people going to say when vidor goes down,its going to be a great hard hitting game no doubt because our players hit too,watch out for them Lb's and theres many more that will take your helmet off.

Lucky for Vidor & Nederland that PNG actually has to play the game before they can actually put up the Win.
I actually thought PNG had a good chance to beat Nederland the last two years but it didn't happen.
This might be PNG's year to win but I'll wait until November 4 at about 10:30PM and we will see.
PNG come and take the Bum Phillips trophy if you all can.

22 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

These are wrong, Jake's 275 is correct, along with the 23 yards passing, just about every publication I saw showed Vidor right at 300 yards of total offense.

I believe it's probably somewhere in between. But Vidor did have 2 long td drives of about 80 each, 1 that started inside the 10 (with the 60 yd td). So just to be generous let's say 70x2=140 +90= 230. Then we had the long drive that resulted in the fumble about the 15 in our first drive of the 2nd half easily 50yds. Those and only 2- 3 and outs, seems that it would be more than 275.

4 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

You're just new, stay on the board and you'll start to understand. Vidor has a place in the hierarchy of Texas High School football, sometimes they need to be reminded of it.

Get out of your moms basement. You           obviously don't have job considering the amount of time you spend researching vidor football.