And ode to Vidor

prepballfan

Black and Gold was the toast of the night, but who would win in this physical fight

Many times in the past Vidor has taken the lead, late in the 4th the defense they'd need.

Nederland with history on their side would snuff out the hopes and send Vidor on a long ride.

On this warm night at the Bulldogs home field The tension for Vidor began to build.

Late in the 4th Nederlands kicker was there a made field goal would only add to their despair. 

As the kick flew out there was change in the air the kick missed wide to Nederlands despair.

This battle royal ended 21 all To overtime we go to see who would fall.

With Vidors defense set with its look 3 plays later letting  Nederland off the hook.

The crowds were wild as Vidor readied their O a touchdown a must or this chance they would blow.

1st, 2nd, and 3rd didnt go so well but on fourth they did not fail

A new set of downs was all that they cared Vidor was tough they were not scared.

Three more plays and another fourth did appear what would they do what crowd would cheer. 

The play came out another run thought most but a pass from Vidor shocked their host.

With six points on the board thoughts did apear In Jeff Matthews head he showed no fear. 

Coach Matthews decided this is no place for the weak. The Vidor crowd was yelling lets end this streak.

Out of the blue there came an I. The Nederland defense wasnt ready for the surprise.

The ball was snapped and 2 points was made On this night history was weighed.

As per usual Black and Gold would win, but on this night it was Vidor who would grin.

Friday night football is an awesome sight, this is why they come they play they fight.

Nederland should leave heads held high Vidor was better for this one night.

Congrats Vidor Pirates great win for you guys. Great game Bulldogs played all the way to the end as usual.

2 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Great poem prepballfan.  Maybe a little off on the iambic pentameter (whatever that is), but you hit the high spots of one great, classic, Tx HS football game.  Most Ned fans can't appreciate it, and I understand that, but most everyone else will.

yes i am no poet....

Just like Barbers Hill and Lumberton Vidor being good is great for our districts. They all three have passionate fans and as of late have not been winning alot of games minus a couple of seasons. Passionate fans and a team who is winning makes for some awesomely great message board fodder......... Love it happy for you guys........, My mothers family is from Vidor so have a little Vidor blood in me literally...LOL

25 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

Just like Barbers Hill and Lumberton Vidor being good is great for our districts. They all three have passionate fans and as of late have not been winning alot of games minus a couple of seasons. Passionate fans and a team who is winning makes for some awesomely great message board fodder......... Love it happy for you guys........, My mothers family is from Vidor so have a little Vidor blood in me literally...LOL

It shows, and you're better for it :)