New Caney 48 Dayton 26/FINAL

WOSgrad

Playoffs, playoffs did you say playoffs. The focus now needs to be on preventing turnovers creating turnovers first downs, points, defensive stops. Learn from the lost and forget about it. All we can do at this time is control what we can and that is getting prepared for Barbers Hill....not Crosby not Porter but BH. 

9 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Still too many moving parts with Humble beating Splendora tonight. Y'all don't have to win out but you have to beat Porter for sure and either Crosby or BH on the road. 

We cut down the turnovers and complete more passes, we move the ball well, defense needs to play receivers tighter and watch the receivers eyes, several times our corners never knew the ball was thrown until the catch was made. And stop the run, time to go to work.

1 hour ago, Bronco94 said:

We cut down the turnovers and complete more passes, we move the ball well, defense needs to play receivers tighter and watch the receivers eyes, several times our corners never knew the ball was thrown until the catch was made. And stop the run, time to go to work.

I'm not trying to dampen your forecast but it's halfway through the season and look  how many things you just named? Your defense isn't good because you don't have the personnel but you can manage with it. Even with the quarterback situation, offensively I can't remember last time I saw Dayton with a set of athletes like they have now. That being said, I expect the Barbers Hill score to be similar next week after seeing Dayton in person. 

29 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I'm not trying to dampen your forecast but it's halfway through the season and look  how many things you just named? Your defense isn't good because you don't have the personnel but you can manage with it. Even with the quarterback situation, offensively I can't remember last time I saw Dayton with a set of athletes like they have now. That being said, I expect the Barbers Hill score to be similar next week after seeing Dayton in person. 

No one from Dayton is concerned with what you think, I could easily seeing us coming out alright, we can beat BH, Crosby, KP, Caney Creek, and just because y'all lost to porter doesn't mean we will. Everyone is seeing that y'all aren't the force that y'all want everyone to believe y'all are, so we will get scrappy and see how this season fares. And by the way we seen you last night with your 3 buddies,  should've just set on New Caneys side, we just need supporters on ours.

11 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

No one from Dayton is concerned with what you think, I could easily seeing us coming out alright, we can beat BH, Crosby, KP, Caney Creek, and just because y'all lost to porter doesn't mean we will. Everyone is seeing that y'all aren't the force that y'all want everyone to believe y'all are, so we will get scrappy and see how this season fares. And by the way we seen you last night with your 3 buddies,  should've just set on New Caneys side, we just need supporters on ours.

Hi pot, meet ......nvm

I haven't said a word all week why would I come in here and add my expert football analysis about a game I didn't watch?   Just looking for an issue with a crosby poster, huh?  Maybe JV should get moved up to Varisty?

4 minutes ago, Coug88 said:

I haven't said a word all week why would I come in here and add my expert football analysis about a game I didn't watch?   Just looking for an issue with a crosby poster, huh?  Maybe JV should get moved up to Varisty?

So why did you say something now, I like the rivalries, it brings out the best in both teams and a hell of a Friday night lights showdown.

Take away the Humble game and Dayton is averaging a little over 8 pts a game in the second half this year. Take what you want from that. Saw a few things I really liked last night but much more that I didn't. It's just amazing that literally just about any team can just go out and throw up a couple hundred yards on the ground against Dayton. I believe this is the 2 time we have given up close to 400 yds on the ground this year. Oh well backs against the wall and have to put this game behind them and hopefully learn something. One thing is for sure I will be there win or lose every game. On to BH and hopefully a W.

4 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Take away the Humble game and Dayton is averaging a little over 8 pts a game in the second half this year. Take what you want from that. Saw a few things I really liked last night but much more that I didn't. It's just amazing that literally just about any team can just go out and throw up a couple hundred yards on the ground against my Bronx. I believe this is the 2 time we have given up close to 400 yds on the ground this year. Oh well backs against the wall and have to put this game behind them and hopefully learn something. One thing is for sure I will be there win or lose every game. On to BH and hopefully a W.

I'm with you

24 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

Lol, I would never sit on Dayton's side in their home stadium. Probably should've sat on y'all side though, you had plenty of seats and the sewer smell was pretty intense when the wind shifted on the visitor's side. 

No way you watched Dayton execute at that jv level you love to speak of last night and can see them doing anything easily, including beating a good team. Luckily y'all have some studs to just make plays on offense otherwise I could easily see Dayton going 4-6. 

Win or lose, one thing that you'll see from Porter is that their coach didn't need a lot of time to turn the program around or have to be heard cursing in the opposing stands to do it. 

11 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Take away the Humble game and Dayton is averaging a little over 8 pts a game in the second half this year. Take what you want from that. Saw a few things I really liked last night but much more that I didn't. It's just amazing that literally just about any team can just go out and throw up a couple hundred yards on the ground against Dayton. I believe this is the 2 time we have given up close to 400 yds on the ground this year. Oh well backs against the wall and have to put this game behind them and hopefully learn something. One thing is for sure I will be there win or lose every game. On to BH and hopefully a W.

You were right about the receivers you mentioned at the beginning of the year, been a long time since I seen a pair like Mcquirter(spelling?) and the DeRouen kid line up for Dayton. At Crosby Gaines would be out there with them but I understand why he plays qb at Dayton, #4 just isn't ready yet. Good luck against BH, kids and community over there are going to be outside their mind next week. 

49 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Lol, I would never sit on Dayton's side in their home stadium. Probably should've sat on y'all side though, you had plenty of seats and the sewer smell was pretty intense when the wind shifted on the visitor's side. 

No way you watched Dayton execute at that jv level you love to speak of last night and can see them doing anything easily, including beating a good team. Luckily y'all have some studs to just make plays on offense otherwise I could easily see Dayton going 4-6. 

Win or lose, one thing that you'll see from Porter is that their coach didn't need a lot of time to turn the program around or have to be heard cursing in the opposing stands to do it. 

Oh my bad I guess that was 4 other Crosby fans who said they knew all there was to know about high school football, reminded me of Forrest Gump, also had two players from Crosby on our side, well the rest of the season will be interesting, that's for sure.

57 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

Oh my bad I guess that was 4 other Crosby fans who said they knew all there was to know about high school football, reminded me of Forrest Gump, also had two players from Crosby on our side, well the rest of the season will be interesting, that's for sure.

Nah, I'm the one that said judging off the film I would be surprised if Dayton stayed within two tds of NC, you said you wouldn't expect anything less. I sat at the top on NC's side and listened to Nagions holler. Those sound like some older guys if they say they knew it all. 

First off congrats to NC for a well executed win. Your coaches did a great job of scouting and preparing their players for the game while exposing a number of glaring weaknesses in Dayton's game. Dayton got burned on the first down of NC's first two possession's  for 12 points it's hard to dig out of a 28/7 first quarter hole, but after swapping out a couple of players we dominated the second quarter and looked like we would make a game out of it. 2nd half NC coaches made the proper adjustments and contained any momentum the Bronco's acquired before half. For Dayton "as go the practices so goes the game ! " intensity & conditioning are key factors for the bronco's moving forward. Good old fashion running, blocking & tackling - find the kids that want to block and tackle and plug them in we got a lot of wasted depth on the sidelines. We have two great RB's in Styner and Santee but they can't run even if you have giant kids that refuse to block or sucking wind in the second half. The QB can't find his receivers when running for his life or on the ground looking up at the sky. Receiver's need to run crisper routes and better scheme's to get open. We have the team we need to unlock the potential. - Go Bronco's     

2 hours ago, jayhawk said:

First off congrats to NC for a well executed win. Your coaches did a great job of scouting and preparing their players for the game while exposing a number of glaring weaknesses in Dayton's game. Dayton got burned on the first down of NC's first two possession's  for 12 points it's hard to dig out of a 28/7 first quarter hole, but after swapping out a couple of players we dominated the second quarter and looked like we would make a game out of it. 2nd half NC coaches made the proper adjustments and contained any momentum the Bronco's acquired before half. For Dayton "as go the practices so goes the game ! " intensity & conditioning are key factors for the bronco's moving forward. Good old fashion running, blocking & tackling - find the kids that want to block and tackle and plug them in we got a lot of wasted depth on the sidelines. We have two great RB's in Styner and Santee but they can't run even if you have giant kids that refuse to block or sucking wind in the second half. The QB can't find his receivers when running for his life or on the ground looking up at the sky. Receiver's need to run crisper routes and better scheme's to get open. We have the team we need to unlock the potential. - Go Bronco's     

As intense as your coach is on the sideline that's weird you mention intensity in practice? I know people don't like stats but other than the Humble game, against not so stellar competition Dayton is averaging 23ppg. That's a crazy number for a team that used to be able to scheme 40 on you with no problem, win or lose. 

I agree with a previous post about the o-line play, it looks like the Broncos are using a different blocking scheme this year and it is not working. We have a good QB in #4, good running backs, and several good receivers, the offense should be rolling. NC saw some areas of weakness on defense and exploited them. Defense looks to be poorly prepared to stop their opponent each week. Good luck to the Broncos the rest of the season.