Livingston 32 Lumberton 28/FINAL

WOSgrad

4 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Being at this game, as really an impartial fan, I thought the refs weren't the best but not really much worse than other games.  I don think there was anywhere near 300 yds against Lumberton.

So much for overreaction after a loss for Slumberton……… Moving on….. 

He would say 3rd and forever for the raiders, never for Livingston,  he said the raider quarterback got waylaid in the backfield. Called players out by first names. And yes someone did keep up with the yards against Lumberton. When the game was over and Livingston played their school song then after them we started to play ours and the announcer turned on really loud music over the speakers. 

Question on music so is there suppose to be music played over the speakers during timeouts and between quarters? Thought most bands play during those times

12 minutes ago, RaiderGirl2010 said:

He would say 3rd and forever for the raiders, never for Livingston,  he said the raider quarterback got waylaid in the backfield. Called players out by first names. And yes someone did keep up with the yards against Lumberton. When the game was over and Livingston played their school song then after them we started to play ours and the announcer turned on really loud music over the speakers. 

Question on music so is there suppose to be music played over the speakers during timeouts and between quarters? Thought most bands play during those times

its not a requirement to allow the opponents school song after a game. Or the band to play at all. 

47 minutes ago, RaiderGirl2010 said:

Seriously, if the Raiders performance was such that you were able to focus that much on what the Livingston PA announcer....employed by the Livingston ISD...doing the PA for game at Lion Stadium, home of the Livingston Lions in Livingston, Texas, the city in which Livingston High School is located...to be able to point out every time they said something positive about the hometown team, then I have a little clearer understanding as to why I had to edit this game thread as I did on Friday.

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 7:48 PM, Lionfootball6 said:

There was no ref problem. We just came ready to play. 

Y'all may have come ready to play, but saying that the ref's didn't help y'all? Really!!!

I have played, coached, and been around football for 40 years and have never seen a group of refs like that. For one to call a pass complete and the other to call it incomplete and the one that called it complete got told he made the wrong call when indeed it was a catch is terrible. Also to have 5 blatant personal foul penalties on the home team waved off and 2 of them had multiple flags. I will say Lumberton didn't play good at all but if you think y'all didn't have help from the refs, you have issues.

Wow... I was wondering why this thing was still going............... LOL....... And people wonder why i give it to Chumperton every chance I get... I promise the victim attitude is alive and well throughout Chumperton.... And Ill just stop right there...You all know the rest!!!!

3 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I wanna see the stats, that PA Announcer was the one who caught that 70yd TD bomb im told. Smh

Now you see why I cant take up for these folks... Always a excuse.... Coach knows tells them.." We are all Winners"....... That's to make the mommas happy...... Newsflash.... Not everyone is a winner Friday Night.... Toughen up Chumpville!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Wow... I was wondering why this thing was still going............... LOL....... And people wonder why i give it to Chumperton every chance I get... I promise the victim attitude is alive and well throughout Chumperton.... And Ill just stop right there...You all know the rest!!!!

I wouldn't say all throughout Lumberton.

I think this is being drug on a little too much (or a lot actually). Refs being horrible is a matter of opinion and depends on what side you were on. I've heard from our side they were bad, from the other side that there wasn't an issue, and from a neutral side that they were bad but didn't affect the outcome that much. I wasn't there and really don't care if they were or not, we still should have found a way to win, and anybody who was at the game knows we should have won- we had the lead with less than two minutes and got beat deep on a 70 yard bomb. The refs didn't throw and catch that ball, we let them beat us deep, which is the last thing you want to do when your winning with 2 minutes left and the opposing team has no timeouts.

As for the announcer: obnoxious and annoying? Yes, as far as I could tell from the live stream from Lumberton Ledger he was pretty out of line with some things he said. Was it a game changer? No, or at least it shouldn't have been. We sound like a bunch of sore losers.

my point is this: we had our chance to win in a game that really shouldn't have been close to begin with, regardless of bad officiating or not. Now like I said earlier, I hope our team and coaches are more focused on Lee than some fans are, if not it will be another loss for the L Train!

1 hour ago, L-Train11 said:

I think this is being drug on a little too much (or a lot actually). Refs being horrible is a matter of opinion and depends on what side you were on. I've heard from our side they were bad, from the other side that there wasn't an issue, and from a neutral side that they were bad but didn't affect the outcome that much. I wasn't there and really don't care if they were or not, we still should have found a way to win, and anybody who was at the game knows we should have won- we had the lead with less than two minutes and got beat deep on a 70 yard bomb. The refs didn't throw and catch that ball, we let them beat us deep, which is the last thing you want to do when your winning with 2 minutes left and the opposing team has no timeouts.

As for the announcer: obnoxious and annoying? Yes, as far as I could tell from the live stream from Lumberton Ledger he was pretty out of line with some things he said. Was it a game changer? No, or at least it shouldn't have been. We sound like a bunch of sore losers.

my point is this: we had our chance to win in a game that really shouldn't have been close to begin with, regardless of bad officiating or not. Now like I said earlier, I hope our team and coaches are more focused on Lee than some fans are, if not it will be another loss for the L Train!

Best post I've seen in a while from a Lumberton fan. See y'all that's how you take a loss without makin excuses and blaming others. Props good sir! +1