WO-S vs Silsbee 9/23/16 Predictions Thread

Mr. Buddy Garrity

1 hour ago, Cactus said:

Silsbee will score ..

Maybe. People are so busy talking about the high power WOS Offense, I think they have forgot the tradition of the in your face defense that Cornel has always been famous for. It will be interesting, as WOS has not been tested by anyone except PNG in a scrimmage.

For this one to be a test for the Mustangs, our defense will have to play by far it's best game of the year.  I know we did good against Jasper but it will take more than that.  I don't expect our offense to score as many points as we did last year because of how good that Mustang defense and the fact that we haven't had anybody really fill the spots of Mackey and Lowe Add to that our new offensive line facing their biggest challenge and it will be tough to put 20 plus points on the board.  We have a pair of really good running backs but unless we can back up their effort with a balanced air attack it will be awful tough on them.  I wish I could see this one to get a good judge of how my Tigers match up and perform but the mountains are calling.  I just hope it is a well played game with no injuries for either team.

33 minutes ago, XX Man said:

Maybe. People are so busy talking about the high power WOS Offense, I think they have forgot the tradition of the in your face defense that Cornel has always been famous for. It will be interesting, as WOS has not been tested by anyone except PNG in a scrimmage.

Actually Vidor scored more than PNG.  Vidor scored 21 

so really Vidor has tested us the most. 

1 hour ago, sportsfan_01 said:

Actually Vidor scored more than PNG.  Vidor scored 21 

so really Vidor has tested us the most. 

The Vidor scrimmage was a tougher test than the PNG one, but I think Vidor scored 19. Two of those TDs against a mix of 2nd teamers/JV players in the second half.

A real game would have been worth it (hint...hint...Coach Matthews) rather than playing KIPP Northeast. 

yes this will be a good games for both teams the mustangs are in front of there home crowed and will be fired up if that possible lol. its been sometime since I have seen a defensive  the mustang put on the field this year the old CHAIN GANG RETURNS. you know and I know the mustangs will be scored on but by hoe FG are TD and by what team.

4 hours ago, skipper said:

yes this will be a good games for both teams the mustangs are in front of there home crowed and will be fired up if that possible lol. its been sometime since I have seen a defensive  the mustang put on the field this year the old CHAIN GANG RETURNS. you know and I know the mustangs will be scored on but by hoe FG are TD and by what team.

Yeah, but it might not be this game.

2 hours ago, marshman said:

Exactly. Too many are getting caught up in all this shutout talk. While it's great, what's more important is at the end of the game we got more than they got!

It's just the fans getting caught up. The players have their eye on the big prize and that's to win one game at a time. 

1 hour ago, ladybug33 said:

Silsbee will have the best athletic players that we have played thus far this season. I am anxious to see how well we defend a true explosive backfield, and air attack. Next week Kennedale will be a legitimate threat; I am not fooled by their 1 loss.

Kennedale surprised me by beating Wichita Falls Rider friday night. But the defense so far IMO has been poo. Im starting to think Silsbee will be more of a test than them. 

On 9/13/2016 at 4:04 PM, FrodoNDN said:

Silsbee can stop WOS O....they may be able to score, though. They have to get some kind of passing game....

What makes you think that crap bro true silsbee have a great defense but WOS haves the # 1 offense in the state

On 9/17/2016 at 4:50 PM, Silsbee92 said:

Funny. Considering....

I hope Silsbee keeps doing what they're doing.  Small steps in the right direction.

It is a steady offense.  Defense is and always will be the difference come playoffs.

Honestly, I care less about what WOS does these days.  Different district as well as all the bull

that doesn't even come close to an interesting conversation anymore.

Shutout, blowout, win, lose.  I'll still be a Tiger Alumni.  No Shame here.

Dude why you getting mad and seeing you can care less about us come on bro that's not the place for this rather we in y'all district or not take a chill pill bro u going in up with a stroke bro I bet ur blood turns when some one stay wos is better than y'all make sure you bring you blood pressure medicine friday night cause you going to need iT LOL

On 9/14/2016 at 4:17 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

What you lol'ing about? What's funny is that ugly arse Central avatar you got there TIGERDAD. Need to brighten up the moral in Silsbee and change that avatar to a maroon #22 or a Tiger. Lawd knows that Central avatar is the last thing you wanna see after Friday night's beatdown of ya Jaguarettes. ;)

Hay watch ur mouth I like central

54 minutes ago, WOS36 said:

Dude, why are you getting so mad and saying you can care less about us.  Come on bro'. That's not the place for this. Whether we are in your district or not, take a chill pill.  Bro' you going to end up with a stroke. Bro',  I bet ur blood turns when someone says WOS is better than y'all.  Make sure you bring your blood pressure medicine friday night cause you going to need it. LOL

Had to edit the above post so I can make sure I understood what your point was...    Still couldn't figure out your point.

WOS is very good.  They are one of the best programs in Texas right now.  I have said all this before and I will repeat the fact that it is an old argument at this point. 

I'm as calm as it gets.  The result of this game has only one bearing on the path that is trying to be laid out for Silsbee with the new coaching.  Learn and improve.  Execute and become a team.  One play, one game and one season at a time.

You want to discuss the X's and O's of a football game that is played, then by all means let us do so.

Good luck to the Tigers.