WO-S vs Silsbee 9/23/16 Predictions Thread

Mr. Buddy Garrity

7 hours ago, XX Man said:

I figured that thread was last weeks deal. There has been a game night since then, and things have changed, so I started a new thread. Didn't mean to step on anyone's toes.

No, not stepping on toes...  Lol...  Thinking about it, there honestly won't be much that changes...but Silsbee's D did pitch a 3 quarter shutout their last action before the bye.  Maybe a little of that will show up in Orange Friday and make this a pretty decent game....

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

No, not stepping on toes...  Lol...  Thinking about it, there honestly won't be much that changes...but Silsbee's D did pitch a 3 quarter shutout their last action before the bye.  Maybe a little of that will show up in Orange Friday and make this a pretty decent game....

Bmtsoulja 1 let help out on this one. Trust me they know Silsbee has athletes.  So they final will get to run that up tempo.and Silsbee has to find a way some how to slow them down. If they can't. 50 on the board. Hell I didn't even mention the special teams.  KJ and j-mo hav taking a punt back every game. So do u punt or kick to them?? And please help there OC out and tell  dem don't run the stretch play. They will do better letting qb try to make plays on the perimeter. The threat of run or pass could help them .and I'm hoping he has  enough sense (coach) to dump or swing the ball to Lil c in space. It's the only way to slow down that rush. 

17 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Based on the trend of scoring by the Stangs, they've pitched shutouts in each game while increasing the points that they put up each week.  If they put up 61 on KIPP, then they should put up about 70 on Silsbee, right?

Depends on what Silsbee puts on the internet between now and then. 

35 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Based on the trend of scoring by the Stangs, they've pitched shutouts in each game while increasing the points that they put up each week.  If they put up 61 on KIPP, then they should put up about 70 on Silsbee, right?

You're funny :)

serious question though: Silsbee HAS struggled defensively the first two games this year and several last.  But limiting Jasper to 19 pts was pretty impressive.  Were they much improved or other reasons in your opinion?

41 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

You're funny :)

serious question though: Silsbee HAS struggled defensively the first two games this year and several last.  But limiting Jasper to 19 pts was pretty impressive.  Were they much improved or other reasons in your opinion?

They seem to just be getting after it...  The d-line started to not get pushed around and the linebackers and safeties were able to come up quickly and make tackles.  And the corners did well, one in particular, Bruce Newton , with a TD pass breakup...  

Obviously, WO-S will present a lot more problems than Jasper, but if they can get after it, they'll compete...

7 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

This seems about right. 

Not trying to sound to over confident abt that game. If the starts play the whole game like I expect them too. It will b hard for them to score twice.  Bc of there strength on defense. BG I know the kid a memorial is really gud. But if u get a chance check out them 2 corners from w.o .they can play fr fr. They just haven't faced the talent like they will on Friday. ND why there jobs gets easier bc of the 2 interior lineman.mandle king ND morrious Joseph. Haven't seen a team yet that could block them one on one. ND i said it from jump that the biggest  difference in these 2 teams is the experience up front.

45 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

They seem to just be getting after it...  The d-line started to not get pushed around and the linebackers and safeties were able to come up quickly and make tackles.  And the corners did well, one in particular, Bruce Newton , with a TD pass breakup...  

Obviously, WO-S will present a lot more problems than Jasper, but if they can get after it, they'll compete...

Great observation!  And 2 other things that has to happen for this game .one is Silsbee has been getting off to slow starts every game. This can't happen friday.w.o normally scores within 2 min of every game.second it's not too much u can show coach T  that he hasn't seen  so his defense will excert themselves. If w.o  wins the toss he will put his defense on the field first. To try to get a stop . ND to get them to punt the ball to KJ ND j-mo.

1 hour ago, dj said:

Great observation!  And 2 other things that has to happen for this game .one is Silsbee has been getting off to slow starts every game. This can't happen friday.w.o normally scores within 2 min of every game.second it's not too much u can show coach T  that he hasn't seen  so his defense will excert themselves. If w.o  wins the toss he will put his defense on the field first. To try to get a stop . ND to get them to punt the ball to KJ ND j-mo.

Very good points as well.  Hence, playing a near perfect game.  Slow starts can't happen here.  This team is so experienced, you can't give them anything and play from behind because you'll start the snowball effect.  You have to score and leave no points on the field because WO-S definitely won't.  You can't be intimidated and take that. If hit and hold onto the ball.  As song as you're moving the chains, I don't care about it.  And you can't have turnovers and you CANNOT drop open passes.  Seems to be the norm in the first 3 games.  

WO-S are playing championship football right now.  But Silsbee has had a bye week to prepare...  Your advantage. .  Gotta make sure you use it...

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Depends on what Silsbee puts on the internet between now and then. 

Funny. Considering....

I hope Silsbee keeps doing what they're doing.  Small steps in the right direction.

It is a steady offense.  Defense is and always will be the difference come playoffs.

Honestly, I care less about what WOS does these days.  Different district as well as all the bull

that doesn't even come close to an interesting conversation anymore.

Shutout, blowout, win, lose.  I'll still be a Tiger Alumni.  No Shame here.

Last year when the game between Silsbee and WO-S was played, the game was in Silsbee. The trash talk was spiked because Silsbee had high level quality players. Friday, the game is being played in Hooks stadium, where the Mustangs will defend their territory. Both teams are eager to play each other, we will not water the field or anything like that so it should be a good game. I expect a Mustang win.

3 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Last year when the game between Silsbee and WO-S was played, the game was in Silsbee. The trash talk was spiked because Silsbee had high level quality players. Friday, the game is being played in Hooks stadium, where the Mustangs will defend their territory. Both teams are eager to play each other, we won’t water the field or anything like that so it should be a good game. I expect a Mustang win.

There still high level players but at this point, they're just trying to perfect playing together...  2 players played on different programs last year and were pretty dominant in their own right, but now it's a out using your abilities go benefit the team. The team has gotten better each game and I expect them to get better even when lined up against the champs...

9 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

There still high level players but at this point, they're just trying to perfect playing together...  2 players played on different programs last year and were pretty dominant in their own right, but now it's a out using your abilities go benefit the team. The team has gotten better each game and I expect them to get better even when lined up against the champs...

I wish them nothing but the best after this game. LCM,NED,PAM, PNG I would like to see Setex represented in the playoffs.

I have been anticipating this game since the schedule came out.  I am sure fans of many other teams will take the drive to Orange to see one of the better matchups this year, so you might want to get there early.  Calvin Tyler is an elusive and tough runner.  I am interested in seeing who will break the other ones will in this game.  The WOS defense vs. one of the best running backs in the area.