next up for wo-s

skipper

47 minutes ago, skipper said:

what part of texas are they from  if someone knows there record please post

from houston. a team called kipp northeast. just a bit better than scarborough so it'll be maybe 58-0. silsbee also play a team that's a first year varsity team. not looking forward but silsbee in for a RUDE awakening big time

I'm not much impressed with the idea of no 1st or 2nd place awards, but instead everyone gets a trophy for participation. Accolades are for winners. Trophies are for champions. BUT...

From what I can Google it seems that KIPP (Knowledge Is Power Program) Northeast is a charter school in Houston. They opened the school in 2013 with only a Freshman class. Then added a class each following year until they now as of this year have for the first time a full set of four classes.

I can't verify this but it's possible their football team has never won a game. I gather that last year they only played five games. It's not really surprising that this coming game was scheduled to be played at WOS. When I looked at the video of one of their games I couldn't tell if they even had any bleachers for the fans to sit in at their field. But yes, it turned out that they did but only apparently on one side of the field.

And yet this is the school that was willing to play WOS. So many other schools with long established football programs wouldn't do it but these guys would. Things have been said about some of those other schools for declining to play WOS. Critical things. But who would have criticized KIPP for not wanting to put themselves in a game like this.

I kept thinking about the American soldier awarded the Medal of Honor for heroism in combat. The highest decoration for bravery we have. One of the criteria for that award is that it be such an act of bravery that the soldier could not justly be criticized if he hadn't done it.

I usually don't think much of trophies for participation but in this case I would enjoy seeing KIPP get a trophy of respect for stepping up and agreeing to play WOS.