Splendora 33 Dayton 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

53 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

Wow I am truely amazed at this game last night I usually am decent at picking games. You could not have paid me to take SPlendora. 14.2 what about you in all seriousness did you think Dayton would win? Or did you know something we didnt????

I would have picked Dayton by 17+

42 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

Don't make to many predictions bud unless you just like being wrong, Dayton will get back into the groove you can't predict injuries but you do have to adjust. Maybe y'all worry about Crosby and we will worry about Dayton. 

Dude, y'all just lost at home to Splendora by two tds on homecoming. A Splendora team that's 1-18 the last three years in 4A district play. Every prediction involving Dayton is legit right now. 

11 minutes ago, Red Dawn said:

Nah. I'm worried about Dayton tbh. 

Quit being nice. Lol. Dayton has some major decisions to make personnel wise. All I can do is enjoy the rest of the ride this year. Next year I will be back to just cheering on kids in my town not my kid. Still nothing like high school football win or lose. Even though I wish it wasn't against my Broncos I was happy for Splendora. I'm sure that win was huge for those kids.  I was actually shocked at how physical and good they were.  Had a receiver about 6"5 with nice hands that had some big catches.

1 hour ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

Not to speak for 14.2 but for me I would not have picked Splendora. I just thought Dayton had more want to and would win on homecoming. However, I did tell Pride yesterday they would need to find a way to stop the Splendora running back. He is having a very good year so far.

I am just at a loss for words

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yeah, people putting for sale signs in the head coach's front yard is showing a lot of support. You made my point how bad Ned is, Dayton beat them in Nederland and just lost by two tds on homecoming to a team that's won six games the last three years in 4A. It's not an upset, Splendora was undefeated coming in and is a better football team than Dayton right now. Everybody has hurt qbs, Crosby put 40 on BH with the backup. 

well I don't know if you read every post on here or not but I did say I wasn't impressed with either team when I watched them last week. But it is early yet teams will have time to improve before playoffs start. As for as putting for sale signs in coaches yards, well don't know if any truth to that as I cant verify but if it did happen it was a very tasteless act. Cant say I condon that. People say that BFs first year that he inherited Matt Burnetts team. Well that team was 3 and 7 that previous  year so he obviously made a difference. I don't get into all that could care less, you work with what you got!!

First of all Mark it Down I called this one 1st. Next. The classless things that people do when faced with adversity never cease to amaze me. I am not a Dayton Hater or apologist, so when I hear people question a coaches heart or effort I automatically know they have no clue about sports or coaching, I know the sleepless nights that come with a tough loss and the smiles that come with big wins. I want to congratulate a group of underdogs (Splendora) that came in with a chip on their shoulders and play to win and prove they ACTUALLY DO Belong, cause before this game NO ONE gave them any respect.

I also want to pass along my best wishes to Coach Nations as he continues to rebuild a Dayton Program. He is a class act.

Good LUCK Wildcats and Broncos the rest of the season

1 hour ago, whattheheck said:

First of all Mark it Down I called this one 1st. Next. The classless things that people do when faced with adversity never cease to amaze me. I am not a Dayton Hater or apologist, so when I hear people question a coaches heart or effort I automatically know they have no clue about sports or coaching, I know the sleepless nights that come with a tough loss and the smiles that come with big wins. I want to congratulate a group of underdogs (Splendora) that came in with a chip on their shoulders and play to win and prove they ACTUALLY DO Belong, cause before this game NO ONE gave them any respect.

I also want to pass along my best wishes to Coach Nations as he continues to rebuild a Dayton Program. He is a class act.

Good LUCK Wildcats and Broncos the rest of the season

I couldn't agree with you more whattheheck, 100%. I don't understand people, they love the coaches and players in a win but question their every decision in a loss, well I support coach nations and trust him coaching my son and I know that we will recover and be alright. As always Go Broncos.

14 hours ago, Bronco94 said:

I couldn't agree with you more whattheheck, 100%. I don't understand people, they love the coaches and players in a win but question their every decision in a loss, well I support coach nations and trust him coaching my son and I know that we will recover and be alright. As always Go Broncos.

Here is the deal my son plays on the JV.  We moved back from Mississippi in June and the community was excited about the program.  I played for coach Jerry Stewart and for coach Nations.  Coach Nations has never wronged me or my kid.  He is the first one in the locker room and the last one to leave.  I don't care about the politics.  I know that my son loves playing for him.  I believe he will turn it around.  I know the man behind the whistle and I know he loves  every kid.  I know that he is preparing these kids for life not just football.   So good luck to the broncos. 

23 hours ago, bronco pride said:

That kid is nice! Good speed and runs hard and slippery as heck. Having said that he wasn't the only one rolling off nice gains on the ground against my ole Bronx. Splendora looked prepared and really took it to us. The score was way closer than the game IMO. Dayton was dominated on both lines of scrimmage and once again I will say Splendora deserves all the respect in the world for that win. On another note congrats to NC they seem to be rolling.

Thanks Bronco Pride! These kids have worked their tails off this summer(not that other schools didn't) averaging 80 kids daily at workouts.  They have a chip on their shoulder and are buying into what these coaches are telling them.  Good Luck the rest of season!  

42 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Splendor 'so new RB isn't the big time recruit the old one was but it looks like he's going to run for a lot more yards. Looks like he'll challenge Marte Allison for the 21-5A rushing title: 

This is the hidden content, please

Kids good. Has good vision and really surprising speed. I thought his line did an excellent job also. I think he breaks 2000 yds easy if he stays healthy. Other than Crosby and NC I think this kid could have several more big games. Not 350+ good but wouldn't be shocked if he had a couple more 200 yd games.

7 hours ago, Bronco1983 said:

Here is the deal my son plays on the JV.  We moved back from Mississippi in June and the community was excited about the program.  I played for coach Jerry Stewart and for coach Nations.  Coach Nations has never wronged me or my kid.  He is the first one in the locker room and the last one to leave.  I don't care about the politics.  I know that my son loves playing for him.  I believe he will turn it around.  I know the man behind the whistle and I know he loves  every kid.  I know that he is preparing these kids for life not just football.   So good luck to the broncos. 

We are headed in the right direction I got faith in my Broncos and I trust Coach Nations with my sons coaching. I know we will be fine, no worries here.

13 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Can look at Evan Nichols' highlights of his 300+ yard rushing performance versus Dayton. Looking at it on film it's even more amazing Dayton lost this one: 

It is what it is can't look back just gotta regroup and move on to the next week.

13 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

It is what it is can't look back just gotta regroup and move on to the next week.

Y'all are going to have to regroup quick. Luckily y'all have Humble next week even though it's in Turner, I think it's going to be pretty bad against New Caney and BH the next couple of weeks after that. Dayton loses this week and they're probably in a situation where that have to go 4-0 to finish district with one of those being Crosby on the road. 

The whole stadium at the BH vs Crosby game Ooohhh'd when they announced y'all's score at our game. 

8 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Y'all are going to have to regroup quick. Luckily y'all have Humble next week even though it's in Turner, I think it's going to be pretty bad against New Caney and BH the next couple of weeks after that. Dayton loses this week and they're probably in a situation where that have to go 4-0 to finish district with one of those being Crosby on the road. 

The whole stadium at the BH vs Crosby game Ooohhh'd when they announced y'all's score at our game. 

Thanks because your just adding fuel to our fire, we are moving on to the next one and you won't drop it, but like I said thanks for that. We gonna be fine.

10 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Can look at Evan Nichols' highlights of his 300+ yard rushing performance versus Dayton. Looking at it on film it's even more amazing Dayton lost this one: 

*You can look at Emmet Champagne's highlights to see some of Dayton's offense. 

So are you saying that Dayton looked better than Splendora or should have won the game?

2 hours ago, WingitT said:

So are you saying that Dayton looked better than Splendora or should have won the game?

No, I'm saying Splendora just looked like the better team in general and that shouldn't have been the case. I said it's even more amazing because Splendora didn't have an athletic or scheme advantage, they just took a rudimentary offense and put 30+ on Dayton while Dayton also struggled with a defense they should have been able to run through. There's a reason Splendora was picked for their homecoming.   

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

No, I'm saying Splendora just looked like the better team in general and that shouldn't have been the case. I said it's even more amazing because Splendora didn't have an athletic or scheme advantage, they just took a rudimentary offense and put 30+ on Dayton while Dayton also struggled with a defense they should have been able to run through. There's a reason Splendora was picked for their homecoming.   

You never know what kind of problems that can occur, with any given situation, injuries can happen at anytime, and depending on that can change the whole game plan, the scoreboard stayed lit up all night long and through most of the morning on Saturday, so that game has weighed heavy on the players and coaches, and yes we will be better prepared and ready for redemption Friday night, I don't give a dam* what stadium it is turner, the hill, Crosby, or vidor in the freaking mud, the Broncos have been rejuvenated, and are gonna go to turner and take care of business Bronco style. 

On September 10, 2016 at 10:07 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

Yeah, people putting for sale signs in the head coach's front yard is showing a lot of support. You made my point how bad Ned is, Dayton beat them in Nederland and just lost by two tds on homecoming to a team that's won six games the last three years in 4A. It's not an upset, Splendora was undefeated coming in and is a better football team than Dayton right now. Everybody has hurt qbs, Crosby put 40 on BH with the backup. 

The same unsettled QB situation had until the second half of the game.  Ned isn't terrible, just not fully up to speed yet.  They are improving every game though

12 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

You never know what kind of problems that can occur, with any given situation, injuries can happen at anytime, and depending on that can change the whole game plan, the scoreboard stayed lit up all night long and through most of the morning on Saturday, so that game has weighed heavy on the players and coaches, and yes we will be better prepared and ready for redemption Friday night, I don't give a dam* what stadium it is turner, the hill, Crosby, or vidor in the freaking mud, the Broncos have been rejuvenated, and are gonna go to turner and take care of business Bronco style. 

There's a chasm between blind faith and optimism, glad to see you still have both.