Transferring trend

hsforlife89

2 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Well, technically every school district in the state has a border.  And every border has property that might be right across the street.  And most people (if they know how the system works) do not need family members in neighboring cities.  Especially because of rental properties and apartment building.  Like I stated earlier.

And also, like I stated earlier.  The only sure-fire way to keep people from "working the system" is to just have everyone sit a year.

BG, someone needs a mailbox, stat!

2 minutes ago, GCMPats said:

It's very rare that a coach will deny the PAPF. It's the old "do unto others" code.

Just not a fan of all the transferring. Too much focus on the "me" and not the "team". Just an old school opinion.

It's not that that people have to worry about.  The previous AD will likely check off on it.  And, the district committee will likely approve it.  AFTER that it still goes to UIL.  If the student didn't change address or the new address isn't in the new school district.  Then it will probably result in sitting a year.  But like I've said...so easy to get around it.  

If every student athlete has to sit out a year, then every coach should have to sit out a year also.  For instance, the stuff that Suggs pulled at Ozen.  Not having an offseason, resigning at the very last minute when he knew he was going to leave, and pretty much abandoning the kids and that football program was wrong.  He should have to sit out a year also.  I ask this question again!  Why should the kids be loyal to a football program when no one is loyal to them?  And also, I would not want a student athlete to play in my program if he really didn't want to be there. 

49 minutes ago, 409ANALYST said:

If every student athlete has to sit out a year, then every coach should have to sit out a year also.  For instance, the stuff that Suggs pulled at Ozen.  Not having an offseason, resigning at the very last minute when he knew he was going to leave, and pretty much abandoning the kids and that football program was wrong.  He should have to sit out a year also.  I ask this question again!  Why should the kids be loyal to a football program when no one is loyal to them?  And also, I would not want a student athlete to play in my program if he really didn't want to be there. 

Pretty much the same argument that is made for college kids transferring after signing an LOI.

I went to 3 different school my Jr year all for sports and everyone knew it was for sports.... all we did was move my Fathers camper in the school dist and say we were living there..... which we never did, i would drive back and forth from my house to school. Than my Sr year my home town school got a new coach was i "Moved" back there..... If the kid or parents want there kid to go somewhere better for sport there really is no stopping them, its to easy.... and like someone said earlier "it will never change"