Need Offseason trainer for O. Lineman

Guest RealityDad

Guest RealityDad

Anyone know of trainer to work with O lineman.  Looking for help with techniques, agility and of course, strength. 

Maybe if there's some interest, we could get some guys together for group work.

Over the past few years McNeese has had a great camp in the summer that helped some linemen I know, better than some of the bigger schools UT,AM etc. Thier coaches should have a program set up for the summer at thier weight room, they should just live thier all summer.imo. Work hard.

Brought my son to the camp at SFA a couple of years ago. It was really a good camp, concentrating on technique. Not a kiddie camp, a serious camp. I think it is put together by former OL coaches from LSU. Coaches from all over help with the camp. I believe 3 or 4 days. I would recommend it.

Guest RealityDad

Are there any current Freshman, Sophs, Jrs. that want to do group work.

By "Group Work" I mean = Technique and agility.

The advantage I see is being able to motivate each other, measure your ability against good talent and one on one drill work that is productive.

If we can get some group interest, I know we can attract a good line coach to train the group.

Most of the serious talent will be getting their own work done in the weight room.

Guest 87CRU79

I attended the SFA O/D Lineman camp the summer before my Senior year. They run three-a-day alternating practices (Run, Pass, Run, Pass,...etc.) I shoed up to two-a-days in the best physical shape in my life. I now play college ball, albiet the D3 level, but nothing compares to that camp. Not even our offseaon workouts. If you want to hone your lineman skills, this is the camp to attend.

Here are some notable names that you may recognize that attended the camp while I was there:

Eddie Jones DE Kilgore - Now plays for TExas

Ian Symmonette OT St. Pius - Now plays for MIami

Lon Roberts OC Kilgore - Now plays for La Tech

Michael Huey OT Kilgore - Committed to Texas

I think that the proof is in the pudding.

• 2 weeks later...

Might wanna give Coach Thompson a call (PAM)  I know PAM is very well known for the big horses in the trenches  ;D

big horses is all they are-

i believe this father is looking for his son to be able to move and block someone besides the guy in front of him

for strength and agility-find dan kroesch(spelling?)

for footwork- nobody can beat frank middleton and joe bowser

joe bowser is the o-line coach at west brook and i know he works them out hard all summer long (when he is not doing camps at other places)

frank middleton used to play for the raiders and used to work out with the west brook group, but now he is a coach at kelly high school- not sure what their schedule is like

these guys are all great- i have worked out with all of them. If you cant hook up with them, several college camps are great for linemen- SFA and Mcneese both put on great camps. I would recommend a full contact camp if possible, because that way your son will be able to actually apply what he learns and not forget it as soon as the s*^% hits the fan next fall

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder