****Newton @ Diboll****

GATA!

Diboll is where officials went stupid about 10 years ago. We had only one series of plays without a 10 to 15 yard penalty( the series we didn't have a penalty was one play for touchdown)  and Curtis Barbay  was very ticked. We lost that game with a team way better than Diboll had.. I think we quit playing after that game officiating  was so bad.

1 hour ago, jimmyw said:

Diboll is where officials went stupid about 10 years ago. We had only one series of plays without a 10 to 15 yard penalty( the series we didn't have a penalty was one play for touchdown)  and Curtis Barbay  was very ticked. We lost that game with a team way better than Diboll had.. I think we quit playing after that game officiating  was so bad.

Wow..that was in 2008. I do recall the officiating being pretty bad for both teams. However I do not blame officiating for Newton giving up 39 points. Diboll had a good squad that year and I think they were better than Newton for the first time in many years. Diboll went on to beat Nac and Jasper the following weeks. Diboll's only losses after the Newton game were to State Champs Carthage for the district title and to Gilmer in the playoffs. 

I was at the game and officiating was like they had a lot of money on Diboll  .Look at  the film. you got beat in bi-dist  to eventual state champ I believe and we got beat in quarterfinals to eventual state champ. Daingerfield 21-18. The officiating should have been turned into UIL and those refs should have been banned for life.JMO

Newtons best player being #8 Taumazua Brown will be out this game due to an ATV accident. I've heard multiple things on how long he would be out, but I'm not staying anything on here since I am unsure. Being that he and Foster#11 is out, Newtons secondary and passing game will be weak this week. Look for some backups to get some good playing time this week.

2 hours ago, Rajin Cajun said:

Newtons best player being #8 Taumazua Brown will be out this game due to an ATV accident. I've heard multiple things on how long he would be out, but I'm not staying anything on here since I am unsure. Being that he and Foster#11 is out, Newtons secondary and passing game will be weak this week. Look for some backups to get some good playing time this week.

Man I hate to hear that, and I hope the young man recovers soon. Honestly I think your secondary will be fine against the Diboll pass simply because they do not go vertical much at all. The backups will need the speed to run down the Diboll backs if they get loose, but speed has never been a problem in Newton. This will be a tough game for my Lumberjacks and hope they can get the run game going to keep the Eagle O off the field. Hope this game is clean and competitive,and of course, officiated with fair and consistent refs. 

3 hours ago, Rajin Cajun said:

Don't forget longitude and latitude, email  address physical address and Newtons hand signals

I was told T. Brown broke the bone around his left eye socket. May have to put a plate in. He was not in school yesterday so details are still pending but looks like he will be out for at least 4 weeks. We have three key kids out . Seems like a repeat from last year with a lot of injuries.

As for as Diboll, they are not playing Crockett. Newton will destroy this team, we may put 50 on them.