Barbers Hill 40 Vidor 6/FINAL

WOSgrad

12 hours ago, bljnhjs19 said:

Just be sure to be humble BH.....it was one game against Vidor.....be proud though. This new coach will be better than gage for sure....and don't talk about a new coaching staff....still have a lot of coaches that was there with gage that are still on staff now....big difference is the head coach can motivate and has a great system ...keep building on this win...have some good kids there with a lot of heart....but don't get cocky and start spouting off how good they are gonna be....

Yeah - we already have one team in that district with such big heads they have to step into their shirts.

Vidor looked like a mirror image of previous BH teams last night. I felt bad for the Pirates because that offense won't allow you to catch up once you're down by 3 TD's. The Vidor players deserve a better playing field as well. Video screen was nice, but money shouldve been spent on turf or new grass. That field was nasty before any rain. You could see where it's been patched up in the middle of the field. The field won't recover this whole year. To the people of Vidor, pull your pocketbooks out and get them kids turf!! Who cares about a scoreboard. Hoping Vidor takes a look at adjustung to what works nowadays. Good luck Pirates on the rest of your season.

I get tired of hearing about this coaches system or that coaches system ! You have to adjust your system to fit personnel '!! If Vidor didn't run the ball every play and keep the clock moving , what would the score have been ? I do agree with this there are not a lot of people who don't get to be a Head Coach that long with a losing record. If the people of Vidor are happy let them be .

On 8/27/2016 at 1:16 PM, Vpirate02 said:

Man y'all are sad. One game is past and y'all are calling for Mathews head. It's one game y'all. About a team that is coached by one of the best coaches in SETX. And he has the resume to back it up. Y'all chill out!

Vidor rushed 52 times=322 yds (11 1st dwns ???)w/1 int,1 fumble lost of 3 & **BH has 388 tot yds w/Qb Cauthon w/4 tdpasses=212 & 138 rush yds =1 td=5 tds(Qb went off). WTH happened stats are not that far away.Field position from 5 Vidor punts maybe??

1 hour ago, liltex said:

Vidor rushed 52 times=322 yds (11 1st dwns ???)w/1 int,1 fumble lost of 3 & **BH has 388 tot yds w/Qb Cauthon w/4 tdpasses=212 & 138 rush yds =1 td=5 tds(Qb went off). WTH happened stats are not that far away.Field position from 5 Vidor punts maybe??

Vidor was inside BH ten yd line three times, I believe, and stoped on 4th down. Coming away with no points. BH QB broke for close to 90yd TD run for one score. BH returned a punt for TD and two long pass plays for TDs. 

2 minutes ago, MYHOUSE said:

Vidor was inside BH ten yd line three times, I believe, and stoped on 4th down. Coming away with no points. BH QB broke for close to 90yd TD run for one score. BH returned a punt for TD and two long pass plays for TDs. 

Gotcha gm closer than scoreboard

4 minutes ago, liltex said:

Gotcha gm closer than scoreboard

Not really close at all. Vidor have a couple long drives, but game was never in jeopardy. BH started just running the ball because the passing was resulting in touchdowns almost every time. BH offense wasn't on field much is the reason for total yards being close.

13 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Not really close at all. Vidor have a couple long drives, but game was never in jeopardy. BH started just running the ball because the passing was resulting in touchdowns almost every time. BH offense wasn't on field much is the reason for total yards being close.

Which is what Woodville89 alluded to in his post.  Had Vidor not ate up the clock, it could have been a lot worse.  On the other hand, had Vidor scored every time the got inside the 10, it'd been a lot closer.  Credit the BH defense for that.

2 hours ago, liltex said:

Vidor averaged over 6 yds per carry against a pretty good BH team.  I don't think the offense is a problem like some are saying

39 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Vidor averaged over 6 yds per carry against a pretty good BH team.  I don't think the offense is a problem like some are saying

I don't think it's a problem either, but from watching our team for the last 5 years, if you get down by a couple of scores, it's hard to catch up with 5 or 6 yards at a time. You end up running out of time. You have to atleast keep defense guessing a little or they will stack the box. My .02 and I'm not a coach. Good luck to Vidor on the rest of thier year.