Panama City Bay vs PAM prediction

pakronos

3 minutes ago, BigPanther said:

PCB list an 8th grader on its roster. I thought this was done away with decades ago. Plus their current roster only list 33 varsity players as per MaxPrep

Im not sure this is the case but maybe he's an incoming freshman, I know the roster showed Kam Martin as an 8th grader on the roster for Memorial before his freshman season. 

3 minutes ago, BigPanther said:

PCB list an 8th grader on its roster. I thought this was done away with decades ago. Plus their current roster only list 33 varsity players as per MaxPrep

so far that's what i read into after looking at the school website lol. sports isn't big there, but they went 8-3 last year. the team that beat them this past friday is playing a 1A team this week...?????

7 minutes ago, pakronos said:

so far that's what i read into after looking at the school website lol. sports isn't big there, but they went 8-3 last year. the team that beat them this past friday is playing a 1A team this week...?????

Man I cant find any recent footage of this team, from what I was told from a person from Florida on another site that watches a hell of alot of Florida HS ball long as we jump on em early and dont turnover the ball we should win this one fairly easy, which in my mind means this will end up being a Memorial vs Central type game on the scoreboard of recent times. They beat Vidor 19-7 last yr, somewhat of a close game, I'd like to know what Vidor did on defense and special teams. From what is being described by a few ppl about Bay High imo is they resemble WB with a smaller roster number. 

17 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Man I cant find any recent footage of this team, from what I was told from a person from Florida on another site that watches a hell of alot of Florida HS ball long as we jump on em early and dont turnover the ball we should win this one fairly easy, which in my mind means this will end up being a Memorial vs Central type game on the scoreboard of recent times. They beat Vidor 19-7 last yr, somewhat of a close game, I'd like to know what Vidor did on defense and special teams. From what is being described by a few ppl about Bay High imo is they resemble WB with a smaller roster number. 

well what vidor did, won't help PAM out... the offense has changed to the spread this year for them. so, it's "practice" as usual. IMO sounds like a glorified HISD team to me.

i'm curious on the players that vidor saw and if some of those are returning

I attended their practice last year and have footage. Their number of players isn't impressive, but they had size. They had a defensive end last year that was 6-5, 250. He's at Florida State now. Their coach said they like to chew up clock, control the clock and win with defense last year. Beat Vidor 19-7 last year. Season before they lost at Dickinson 26-0.

As posted earlier, MaxPreps only shows 33 players this year.  Last year they had 50+ listed.  Seems like I remember, right before the Vidor game, their coach had been accused of illegal recruiting.  There was a possibility of the team/school being penalized.  That might be the reason for the drop.

Disclaimer, I'm older than dirt, and so is my memory.  Maybe someone else can verify.  Anyway, PAM 41. Bay 13.

12 minutes ago, REBgp said:

As posted earlier, MaxPreps only shows 33 players this year.  Last year they had 50+ listed.  Seems like I remember, right before the Vidor game, their coach had been accused of illegal recruiting.  There was a possibility of the team/school being penalized.  That might be the reason for the drop.

Disclaimer, I'm older than dirt, and so is my memory.  Maybe someone else can verify.  Anyway, PAM 41. Bay 13.

No that was Pensacola Escambia that the coach got in trouble.  That's where Emmitt smith went to school. 

13 minutes ago, REBgp said:

They lost a bunch of seniors and a few other players. Apparently the last coach scheduled this game and they tried to get out of it after the new coach got on board there, that's what im told fwiw. We'll see on Saturday night. 

4 minutes ago, vidor96pirates said:

No that was Pensacola Escambia that the coach got in trouble.  That's where Emmitt smith went to school. 

Yeah the recruiting scandal. From the looks of things Bay High doesn't do that, just based off their previous records. I would think they would be better. 

4 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

That's a bad comparison buddy but wth go with it....I guess

No its not, its first game of the season for everyone. Sky doesn't fall after a week1 game rather its a win or a loss no matter the point differential. Thats my point.