Countdown to the 2016-17 Season

Mamba

On 8/15/2016 at 10:50 AM, ST413 said:

I don't think the players will have as much of a problem as fans and parents.  These kids love playing together and had the same issue last year. As far as the newcomers, they have been playing with these guys for years as well and knew what the situation was upon returning home.  The coaches and players handled it well last year, and I am sure they will this year.

Sorry, I didn't see your comments earlier but this is going to be the possible problems. Parents  sabotaging things at home and behind the scenes.

1 hour ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

It can bring a team closer together or bring out bad individual habits.

I think the team will be fine especially going thru it last year didn't seem to have that much of a problem if any. Remember these guys have played ball together for awhile. Really believe the younger guys truly love playing together and feed off one another. Parents will be the biggest problems of concern.

A new year can bring new things but yes all handled this quite well last year, and we were very close to that elusive state title.  Newcomers and parents alike know what they are coming into.  Being in the stands I did hear some grumbling last year but I wouldn't say it was anymore so than in the past. This problem will also be lessened a bit by the loss of Mackey and I believe one player will not be moving into the district.

This is the Year Silsbee brings home the Gold. Most Good Teams have to knock on the door a few times before they burst through. Whenever they do, it will be a few Titles coming their way. Can't live up to everyone's expectations, Only the Team's. Coaches from the stands, grocery stores & barbershops don't count. Many fans don't understand how deep a Loss in a State event impact's an Athlete. We lost the semifinal game nearly 27 yrs ago and it still sucks today because of the passion we played with.  I'm rooting for those young men to win, just hope their homegrown talent doesn't get tainted by move-ins like some of our counterparts to the North

4 hours ago, kingjames said:

I think the team will be fine especially going thru it last year didn't seem to have that much of a problem if any. Remember these guys have played ball together for awhile. Really believe the younger guys truly love playing together and feed off one another. Parents will be the biggest problems of concern.

Yep, keep an eye on the parents.

Parents sometimes need to undestand that this is a kids sport. None of these players will make it pro and only a few will play college ball. Let's those kids go on the court play hard and let Sigler do his best coaching. The one reason Silsbee won't win state is some over zealous fans and parents talking some kids up to be better than what they are and it messes up team chemistry. No one in there 30s and 40s  or etc.. should be cursing out the coach. 

Coach Sigler should take an extended vacation away from basketball for a few weeks, turn off his phone, and close all social media sites.  Once the season starts Coach Sigler will Be On The Hot Seat, everything he does will be scrutinized this season. 

I can recall fans, alumni and parents complaining and question Coach Wise ability to coach during his National Championship Run. Parents were complaining their son wasn't getting enough playing time, or the coach didn't put a team away early, to the coach is playing his starters too long, I even heard an alumni complain about the team playing in Hawaii smh. 

Good luck Coach Sigler because every play you run, players u substitute, teams you play, and win and lost record will be scrutinized.  

"State Championship or Bust for Silsbee this season. "