ANY PRACTICE REPORTS???

pakronos

2 minutes ago, thaghost said:

Man, some people will find anything thing to complain about. Yesterday it was PAM enrollment numbers not adding up. Today it's paying a extra buck. Geesh

The "excuses" rolling in already before the games being played, at least its enough to get a laugh out of. 

3 minutes ago, thaghost said:

Man, some people will find anything thing to complain about. Yesterday it was PAM enrollment numbers not adding up. Today it's paying a extra buck. Geesh

PAM does win the best ticket award! I looked at all my tickets and those are the best ever! Maybe thats why they need the buck for parking..lol

3 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

It will be great to have you here. Your littel brother has some massive shoes to fill here at the Reservation, but he looks like he will be blazing his own trail here...(pun intended). Are you his big brother who played here a couple of seasons ago????

No I am his oldest. You are referring to JJ or Jeremiah Rose. JJ is my step-brother. JJ should be there too though, I plan on having all the boys back together for this game.

22 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Im skeptical, I wanna see how his WRs and offensive line helps him out when them pads get put on versus Varsity competition. 

I agree !! Watching png da past few yrs there receivers will have to get off jams better. Wen teams play dem man to man throw there timing off.time will tell.

9 hours ago, pakronos said:

glad to see everyone getting off to  a great start. However, sure would have been nice if the hometown paper would have had SOMETHING about PAM. smh...i see it still will continue...the golden haired children of MC, get press first. the first excuse when PAM was 5A/6A was that they play away from the triangle and the three teams they cover (nederland, pn-g, and BC) would get more coverage. well now PAM is in the same conference, the "HOME"  team, AND have been added back to play all the local teams and who do you see on the front page on the first day?? smh...if PAM does well, i prefer the PASnooze NOT write articles. If they do horrible, i'm sure something will be said probably everyday. what?? i'm crazy??? sit back and watch.

I don't live in MC so I don't know the real reason why this occurs every year, but you think it could have something to do with the larger number of papers (subscriptions) coming out of MC? If that's the case, I could see them doing more coverage on the MC teams. Just a thought.

35 minutes ago, Gasilla said:

I don't live in MC so I don't know the real reason why this occurs every year, but you think it could have something to do with the larger number of papers (subscriptions) coming out of MC? If that's the case, I could see them doing more coverage on the MC teams. Just a thought.

stop woth the common sense Gasilla

10 hours ago, pakronos said:

glad to see everyone getting off to  a great start. However, sure would have been nice if the hometown paper would have had SOMETHING about PAM. smh...i see it still will continue...the golden haired children of MC, get press first. the first excuse when PAM was 5A/6A was that they play away from the triangle and the three teams they cover (nederland, pn-g, and BC) would get more coverage. well now PAM is in the same conference, the "HOME"  team, AND have been added back to play all the local teams and who do you see on the front page on the first day?? smh...if PAM does well, i prefer the PASnooze NOT write articles. If they do horrible, i'm sure something will be said probably everyday. what?? i'm crazy??? sit back and watch.

You make me laugh, you really, really do. I will not justify why I did not go to Memorial's practice yesterday. There were reasons and if you cannot read the two stories I did Monday and see why for yourself then oh well.

However, I want you go to back through the last three years I have been here and find me a game we did not cover a Memorial Titans game. Here I will help you out, there were zero. That includes the last two seasons going 3-7. I did just as many previews on the Titans as I did the Bulldogs and Indians (one each week for each of the three) and player feature stories (one a week for each team). 

Last year all 10 games were covered and I personally was at six of the 10 games including road games to Houston, Channelview and Baytown. I was there for the North Shore game too. 

Let me ask you this even though it pertains to other sports. Name another member of the media present when 3 girls basketball players signed to go to college on a Friday at noon? There was me and one TV station. The second, do you know how many other news media was there when a Titans baseball player signed the following Monday besides myself? None. Just me. 

There is not a single member of the local sports media who has been to Memorial sporting events more than me. I know that to be a fact. Two years ago I counted front page sports stories and the list was 75 Nederland, 75 Memorial and 73 PNG. One year ago it was just about the same but Memorial had more stories in that high school sports season.

Know your facts before you run your mouth. 

Nevermind, I'll tell you why I didn't go Monday to Memorial. First, I was a one-man department meaning I would work from 5:15 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday. I hit up PNG at 515 in the morning because it was the easiest to get out the way since nobody else was practicing. Then I had a choice between Nederland and PAM. Nederland had three players being declared no longer a part of their program. That story took rank. I personally called Coach Harrison and told him the situation but told him I would be there on Tuesday, which I was and will have a story in Wednesday's issue. He completely understood and we talked several other times during the day Monday. 

Any other questions? Feel free to email me if I didn't answer your glaring misinterpretation of the truth. 

19 minutes ago, Gabe said:

You make me laugh, you really, really do. I will not justify why I did not go to Memorial's practice yesterday. There were reasons and if you cannot read the two stories I did Monday and see why for yourself then oh well.

However, I want you go to back through the last three years I have been here and find me a game we did not cover a Memorial Titans game. Here I will help you out, there were zero. That includes the last two seasons going 3-7. I did just as many previews on the Titans as I did the Bulldogs and Indians (one each week for each of the three) and player feature stories (one a week for each team). 

Last year all 10 games were covered and I personally was at six of the 10 games including road games to Houston, Channelview and Baytown. I was there for the North Shore game too. 

Let me ask you this even though it pertains to other sports. Name another member of the media present when 3 girls basketball players signed to go to college on a Friday at noon? There was me and one TV station. The second, do you know how many other news media was there when a Titans baseball player signed the following Monday besides myself? None. Just me. 

There is not a single member of the local sports media who has been to Memorial sporting events more than me. I know that to be a fact. Two years ago I counted front page sports stories and the list was 75 Nederland, 75 Memorial and 73 PNG. One year ago it was just about the same but Memorial had more stories in that high school sports season.

Know your facts before you run your mouth. 

Nevermind, I'll tell you why I didn't go Monday to Memorial. First, I was a one-man department meaning I would work from 5:15 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday. I hit up PNG at 515 in the morning because it was the easiest to get out the way since nobody else was practicing. Then I had a choice between Nederland and PAM. Nederland had three players being declared no longer a part of their program. That story took rank. I personally called Coach Harrison and told him the situation but told him I would be there on Tuesday, which I was and will have a story in Wednesday's issue. He completely understood and we talked several other times during the day Monday. 

Any other questions? Feel free to email me if I didn't answer your glaring misinterpretation of the truth. 

i will put it out here peter parker. yes, you may have covered PAM every week in the past, BUT PAM is always the LAST and gets the least in that doggy waste paper. You may "cover" PAM but it's always a snippet. this crap been going on since the days of lincoln buddy. LONG BEFORE YOUR TIME. big whoop you covered the signing of 3 girls signing...NOTHING ELSE WAS GOING ON!!. you wanted to report the juicy gossip and the "mess" over at Nederland and to me sir, that is what we call "suspect" where i'm from. Tell you what peter parker, you tell Jamison you gonna make PAM priority with giving them front page of the sports section, then put MC underneath them. how about instead of waiting till thursday, you feature your "home" team on Monday's?? there are two of you. maybe explain to the brother the importance of LOCAL team coverage. oh boy can't wait to see tomorrow's story...it wouldn't surprise me if it's a tiny black and white picture with little info...no go ahead Pete...impress me for a change.

5 minutes ago, pakronos said:

i will put it out here peter parker. yes, you may have covered PAM every week in the past, BUT PAM is always the LAST and gets the least in that doggy waste paper. You may "cover" PAM but it's always a snippet. this crap been going on since the days of lincoln buddy. LONG BEFORE YOUR TIME. big whoop you covered the signing of 3 girls signing...NOTHING ELSE WAS GOING ON!!. as i got the impression from Mr Mayfield, your female tendencies came out and you wanted to report the juicy gossip and the "mess" over at Nederland. Tell you what peter parker, you tell Jamison you gonna make PAM priority with giving them front page of the sports section, then put MC underneath them. how about instead of waiting till thursday, you feature your "home" team on Monday's?? there are two of you. maybe explain to the brother the importance of LOCAL team coverage. oh boy can't wait to see tomorrow's story...it wouldn't surprise me if it's a tiny black and white picture with little info...no go ahead Pete...impress me for a change.

You did notice the PNG and Nederland photos today were black and white so that makes no sense.

You have gone from saying we give no coverage to the stories are smaller when its Memorial. So which complaint do you want to stick with? PNG story was 445 words to be exact. I am at 258 words and I am halfway through the Memorial story for tomorrow. 

Oh and just found out, the picture tomorrow will be in color so you lose that one too. Want to try again?

1 minute ago, Gabe said:

You did notice the PNG and Nederland photos today were black and white so that makes no sense.

You have gone from saying we give no coverage to the stories are smaller when its Memorial. So which complaint do you want to stick with? PNG story was 445 words to be exact. I am at 258 words and I am halfway through the Memorial story for tomorrow. 

Oh and just found out, the picture tomorrow will be in color so you lose that one too. Want to try again?

it will be in color because i'm saying something and you will save face....and i have not been to the site. never said you NEVER GIVE ANY COVERAGE. you just didn't do it on opening day of practice to the PORT ARTHUR memorial titans. you chose to report on PNG AND NEDERLAND instead. the PN-G story to be honest was boring...i found out all that from just reading the post from the fans on here before you typed on your little lap top.here's a bigger story that could have been yesterday...NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT PAM!! we all knew about the issues at Nederland also. Maybe the general public didn't know, but i promise you nobody knows about PAM especially since they dropped. way to go junior. after 14 years, port arthur is back home to play local teams and two players getting kicked off a team was more important.

2 minutes ago, pakronos said:

it will be in color because i'm saying something and you will save face....and i have not been to the site. never said you NEVER GIVE ANY COVERAGE. you just didn't do it on opening day of practice to the PORT ARTHUR memorial titans. you chose to report on PNG AND NEDERLAND instead. the PN-G story to be honest was boring...i found out all that from just reading the post from the fans on here before you typed on your little lap top.here's a bigger story that could have been yesterday...NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT PAM!! we all knew about the issues at Nederland also. Maybe the general public didn't know, but i promise you nobody knows about PAM especially since they dropped. way to go junior. after 14 years, port arthur is back home to play local teams and two players getting kicked off a team was more important.

I assure you you have nothing to do with if a picture is in color or not. Lol. 

You have a nice night and good luck to your Titans this year. Like I said if you have a problem with my coverage down the road please email [email protected] or call me at 721-2436. We can talk instead of hiding behind a computer. My office is located at 2349 Memorial Blvd. I get here at 2 Tuesday-Friday so you can also stop by and have  a conversation with me. I would like to help you realize you are wrong.