I need Prayers (if that's your thing), or positive thoughts

bullets13

My wife and I arrived in Seguin on Sunday afternoon for a 3-day getaway.  Upon our arrival my stomach started hurting, and within an hour I began vomiting.  This continued every 30-45 minutes for the next 14 hours.  When I finally stopped, I was very tired and had zero appetite, and had a sharp pain in my lower right abdominal area.  I toughed it out for the day in an attempt to salvage our vacation, but the pain got a little worse so we came back to fannett Tuesday morning.  I took my temp on arrival, and it was 101.5, so we headed to the ER where I was diagnosed with acute appendicitis.  Unfortunately, they were not able to get me into surgery until the next morning, and by that time my appendix had started leaking.  The surgery was a success, but I'm still in a great deal of pain, am battling a fever, and have a drainage port sewed into my belly under my belly button that is quite painful. I just wanted to let you guys know what's going on, since many of you are de facto internet family.  Thanks in advance for your positive thoughts and prayers.  I'll try to keep y'all updated on my progress.

8 hours ago, mat said:

Belated prayers for you and your wife. I'll throw some positive thoughts your way too :)

You said this hit you on vacation. Were you able to make it home or has this kept you out of town? That would really suck.

I made my wife drive me home.  I can't imagine how awful that drive would've been after surgery, although the surgery would've have been a little easier on me if I'd had it the day before.

Today's been the first pretty decent day I've had.  I've been fighting a fever for the 3 days, and it finally broke, and I also had my first trip to the restroom, which has been a source of concern.  I also ate better today than I have been, and my pain level is slowly decreasing.  Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers 

13 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Today's been the first pretty decent day I've had.  I've been fighting a fever for the 3 days, and it finally broke, and I also had my first trip to the restroom, which has been a source of concern.  I also ate better today than I have been, and my pain level is slowly decreasing.  Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers 

Bullets, so relieved you're better.   Had a contractor here doing some work & never made it in LRoom.   Embarrassed I've just seen about your condition.  Heading to Mass shortly, where I, personally, feel closest to God.  I'll pray for your continued recovery.  Follow your Dr's instructions, and your wife's.   Don't get all John Wayne and physically do something you shouldn't.