HJ's Jamerson Roberts commits...

16 hours ago, Dick Vitale said:

Says who? They have not won more than me I PROMISE you that and as a matter of fact in 2014, Bliss and I were both coaches in TCAL, and I was chosen COACH OF THE YEAR. Now....I need you to gently take your foot out of your mouth and leave the thread. Quietly.

This conversation is rubbing me the wrong way, so I am going to eject. Just so you know, it's laughable that you would count yourself a better coach than Dave Bliss. Absolutely laughable.

2 hours ago, Scatright said:

This conversation is rubbing me the wrong way, so I am going to eject. Just so you know, it's laughable that you would count yourself a better coach than Dave Bliss. Absolutely laughable.

Why because he is an old white guy that didn't care enough about his players to come clean about a murder? Yes I AM a better coach than he is on THAT merit alone!

1 hour ago, Dick Vitale said:

Why because he is an old white guy that didn't care enough about his players to come clean about a murder? Yes I AM a better coach than he is on THAT merit alone!

Dickie_ you are always celebrating the achievements of Mr. Boutte ( otherwise known as his complete work history)  How does yours stack up against Mr. Bliss?

1 minute ago, stevenash said:

Dickie_ you are always celebrating the achievements of Mr. Boutte ( otherwise known as his complete work history)  How does yours stack up against Mr. Bliss?

Bliss is over 70 years old...I have been coaching for 17 years...I have achieved plenty as a coach on the high school and collegiate level, and my story is still being written, but being that he has more than a 30 year head start, it may be some differences there in our careers. My time is coming, but the question was did I feel like I was a better coach than Bliss...The answer to that is he is no better than I am, because I can hold my own with ANY coach. Thats just my level of confidence.  While I do not know it all, my story is not yet done..Not hardly. 

3 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

Bliss is over 70 years old...I have been coaching for 17 years...I have achieved plenty as a coach on the high school and collegiate level, and my story is still being written, but being that he has more than a 30 year head start, it may be some differences there in our careers. My time is coming, but the question was did I feel like I was a better coach than Bliss...The answer to that is he is no better than I am, because I can hold my own with ANY coach. Thats just my level of confidence.  While I do not know it all, my story is not yet done..Not hardly. 

Then if you can hold your own with any coach, that means there are many many coaches who can hold their own with Mr. Boutte, right?

2 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Then if you can hold your own with any coach, that means there are many many coaches who can hold their own with Mr. Boutte, right?

Sure they can, but not everyone has IT...When it comes to coaching, it's hard to TEACH some things...Lots of things have to be learned through experience.  You have to have a FEEL for this game. You can't learn what I know on YouTube.

But there are many many coaches who have learned in a manner similar to the one you have learned.  There are a million ways to skin a cat and I believe the Golden State Warriors are a good example of that.  Pretty untraditional way of beating nearly everyone nearly all of the time.

3 hours ago, Dick Vitale said:

No, that wasn't the question. The statement was made that Bliss was/is a better coach than you. Your answer was that you were definitely a better coach than him and I could stick my foot in my mouth for suggesting otherwise. Making this a racial thing is crazy. Bliss is coaching collegiately and you are not simply because he is a better coach than you. Maybe that is because he has been coaching for 30 years and you've only been coaching for 17, but that doesn't change the facts. I have no doubt that you can coach basketball, but I take issue with you saying that the reason you are not coaching collegiately is because you are an African American. If you are who I think you are, a quick google search explains why you are not coaching collegiately. Yes, Bliss got a hardly deserved second chance, but no one looked at his application and said "let's hire him because he is white". They looked at it and hired him because he as a successful Division 1 bball coach and NAIA schools hardly have the opportunity to have one of those. When you get hired by a power 5 school, you will get all the clout that comes with that resume boost. Until then.....enjoy being the 2014 TCAL coach of the year.

Embarrassed for you guys destroying a congratulatory post on a young man that bounced back from what for many would have been a career ending medical condition, worked his butt off and became a premier player in our district. 

I am also embarrassed for the administrators that have allowed this to continue. If you want to discuss black vs. white, who the best coach is, or what you ate for dinner go do it on another thread.