HJ's Jamerson Roberts commits...

Hardin-Jefferson's Jamerson Roberts commits to Dillard University in New Orleans.  The head coach there is former Lamar University coach, Mike Newell.

There will be a signing ceremony for Jamerson Roberts and Michael Saladin Friday at 3:30 at HJ's gym as part of the closing ceremonies for the HJ Basketball Camp.

1 hour ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

I'm still in shock

Why are you shocked, Dove...You know they get many, many second third and sixth chances as coaches....failure after failure, they will get re-hired...Must be nice...Hey Dove...Ever wonder where Tony Branch has been after coaching at Lamar and given only a YEAR to make things happen there? Hmmmm.

20 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

Why are you shocked, Dove...You know they get many, many second third and sixth chances as coaches....failure after failure, they will get re-hired...Must be nice...Hey Dove...Ever wonder where Tony Branch has been after coaching at Lamar and given only a YEAR to make things happen there? Hmmmm.

Who is "they"?

8 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Who is "they"?

COACHES THAT DONT LOOK LIKE DOVE AND I.....Mike Newell left my brother and three of his Lamar teammates in a DARK LOUISIANA town gas station while they were waiting to use the restroom, because he was mad about a loss! He should not be coaching at the collegiate level...period...but now? He is the head coach at Dillard University...And don't let me talk about DAVE BLISS! COVERED UP A MURDER! NOW? Head coach at SW Christian University....THAT IS THEY.

4 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

COACHES THAT DONT LOOK LIKE DOVE AND I.....Mike Newell left my brother and three of his Lamar teammates in a DARK LOUISIANA town gas station while they were waiting to use the restroom, because he was mad about a loss! He should not be coaching at the collegiate level...period...but now? He is the head coach at Dillard University...And don't let me talk about DAVE BLISS! COVERED UP A MURDER! NOW? Head coach at SW Christian University....THAT IS THEY.

smh

broken record with you

7 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

They were a little bit desperate. 

3 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Everything is not racial, unlike what you claim.

Gets pretty old.

Yeah it does doesn't it? BUT it just keeps happening OVER AND OVER AGAIN! You want me to just ACCEPT wrong for the sake of, "well that's just  the way it is....." NO, man! That's just WRONG, and I know you know it...

1 hour ago, Dick Vitale said:

Is it the truth? That's what is important here...the facts...EVERY person deserves a chance to get it right, not just a "select few".

If one declares "everything" to be the "truth" he will be right some of the time.  He will also be dead wrong much of the time. 

Citing Dave Bliss and suggesting/inferring that it is truly representative of what goes on in this country is EXTRA WEAK.  You never answered my other question and it is fairly obvious that you don't have a good answer.  Why did the coach ( to who I am pretty close) get told in a couple of instances that they wanted to hire him but could not because having a white coach would ruffle too many feathers?  Why did Todd Sutherland not get hired at Ozen?  In the case of HJ, regarding their two most recent  head basketball coaches, who was it that was better qualified and left out because of their skin color?

24 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Citing Dave Bliss and suggesting/inferring that it is truly representative of what goes on in this country is EXTRA WEAK.  You never answered my other question and it is fairly obvious that you don't have a good answer.  Why did the coach ( to who I am pretty close) get told in a couple of instances that they wanted to hire him but could not because having a white coach would ruffle too many feathers?  Why did Todd Sutherland not get hired at Ozen?  In the case of HJ, regarding their two most recent  head basketball coaches, who was it that was better qualified and left out because of their skin color?

The hiring of Dave Bliss is a CLEAR indicator that there are two sets of laws and rules in the business of coaching. But if you don't see it, I can't make you see it. It is CRYSTAL CLEAR though. I think Todd Sutherland or Clay Davis would have been EXCELLENT for the Ozen program...Perhaps they went in the same type of direction that HJ normally does...Hire their own...Maybe...I don't know. Question: What if Andre Boutte would have applied for the HJ job when Todd left? Now I know you are close to the situation, but who would have been your choice, removing all bias?

I'm pretty sure as soon as Clay became "asst. head basketball coach" everybody in SETX knew it was his for the taking when the opportunity presented itself. Real question would be, did Duane Joubert also put in for that position when it became open......if that's the comparison you are looking for.

2 minutes ago, theNeed4Speed said:

I'm pretty sure as soon as Clay became "asst. head basketball coach" everybody in SETX knew it was his for the taking when the opportunity presented itself. Real question would be, did Duane Joubert also put in for that position when it became open......if that's the comparison you are looking for.

To be honest, even comparing Clay to Joubert, at HJ, I believe Clay would still be the best choice...and I think Joubert is a good coach.  But put a Hall of Fame guy in the mix, like Boutte, just for comparison's sake...who do you think they would go with in that case?

2 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

To be honest, even comparing Clay to Joubert, at HJ, I believe Clay would still be the best choice...and I think Joubert is a good coach.  But put a Hall of Fame guy in the mix, like Boutte, just for comparison's sake...who do you think they would go with in that case?

Like I stated though. Clay was slated for that job. Only way he don't get it, is if he don't want it. That's just my opinion.