HJ's Jamerson Roberts commits...

9 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

WouThe hiring of Dave Bliss is a CLEAR indicator that there are two sets of laws and rules in the business of coaching. But if you don't see it, I can't make you see it. It is CRYSTAL CLEAR though. I think Todd Sutherland or Clay Davis would have been EXCELLENT for the Ozen program...Perhaps they went in the same type of direction that HJ normally does...Hire their own...Maybe...I don't know. Question: What if Andre Boutte would have applied for the HJ job when Todd left? Now I know you are close to the situation, but who would have been your choice, removing all bias?

Impossible to remove all bias. 

Wow! I saw this thread had 30 comments and I thought the SETX community was showing support for this fine young man. Instead, it was hijacked by someone with their own agenda. Not every situation is about YOU, DV. 

Jamerson is a great kid with tons of talent and I am pleased to see him getting the opportunity to continue playing while getting an education. Congrats to him and his parents.

30 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

I understand. Just a good debate question...and you know I love a good debate! Congrats to the Jamerson kid, once again!

Either you can't read very well or just missed me trying to deflect the conversation back to the topic...I will say that you just missed it...smh

33 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

Fair enough...Congrats again to the Jamerson kid and his family....

Hey LOOK! I did it TWICE.....smh

31 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

Either you can't read very well or just missed me trying to deflect the conversation back to the topic...I will say that you just missed it...smh

Hey LOOK! I did it TWICE.....smh

I did see these comments after the 8 previous comments made by you, which have nothing to do with  this thread. 

5 hours ago, Dick Vitale said:

Why are you shocked, Dove...You know they get many, many second third and sixth chances as coaches....failure after failure, they will get re-hired...Must be nice...Hey Dove...Ever wonder where Tony Branch has been after coaching at Lamar and given only a YEAR to make things happen there? Hmmmm.

I was saying the same thing about the Brown coach past coach for the Lakers and Cavs.

1 minute ago, stevenash said:

You didnt miss anything.  He had three opportunities and none of them worked out.  These are all attributable to racism?  Yea, sure and Ali was injected with Parkinsons.

Yep, and they lied about injecting those men with Syphilis for YEARS too....But they did. 

And Mike Brown deserves a fourth chance and a fifth if necessary and on and on until he finds a situation that doesnt involve caucasians.  Then he will become a great coach?  They lied about injecting Syphillis for years?  Does that remind you of the Obama Administration and the IRS where Mr. Obama said, on national television that there was "not one smidgeon of indication of corruption?  I guess the recent court order shows differently

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 11:25 AM, Dick Vitale said:

COACHES THAT DONT LOOK LIKE DOVE AND I.....Mike Newell left my brother and three of his Lamar teammates in a DARK LOUISIANA town gas station while they were waiting to use the restroom, because he was mad about a loss! He should not be coaching at the collegiate level...period...but now? He is the head coach at Dillard University...And don't let me talk about DAVE BLISS! COVERED UP A MURDER! NOW? Head coach at SW Christian University....THAT IS THEY.

In all actuality, it's much simpler than you are making it. Those guys are just better coaches than you.

On 6/8/2016 at 11:25 AM, Dick Vitale said:

COACHES THAT DONT LOOK LIKE DOVE AND I.....Mike Newell left my brother and three of his Lamar teammates in a DARK LOUISIANA town gas station while they were waiting to use the restroom, because he was mad about a loss! He should not be coaching at the collegiate level...period...but now? He is the head coach at Dillard University...And don't let me talk about DAVE BLISS! COVERED UP A MURDER! NOW? Head coach at SW Christian University....THAT IS THEY.

Oh man, I just read this post.  I remember that incident. Dude wasn't fired after that incident. And poor Branch, thats another topic for discussion. If memory serves me right, Tony was given a 5 year contract ( or was it 4 YEARS)and fired after 2 seasons. iT TAKES 2-3 years to build some teams.

7 hours ago, Scatright said:

In all actuality, it's much simpler than you are making it. Those guys are just better coaches than you.

Says who? They have not won more than me I PROMISE you that and as a matter of fact in 2014, Bliss and I were both coaches in TCAL, and I was chosen COACH OF THE YEAR. Now....I need you to gently take your foot out of your mouth and leave the thread. Quietly.

8 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Oh man, I just read this post.  I remember that incident. Dude wasn't fired after that incident. And poor Branch, thats another topic for discussion. If memory serves me right, Tony was given a 5 year contract ( or was it 4 YEARS)and fired after 2 seasons. iT TAKES 2-3 years to build some teams.

I knew Tony fairly well and also believe he should have been given more time.  Dove, do you and Dickie believe that he was fired because he was black?

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

I knew Tony fairly well and also believe he should have been given more time.  Dove, do you and Dickie believe that he was fired because he was black?

No, he just wasn't given ample time to build. But they gave Pat Knight time...and he did nothing. So you draw a reasonable conclusion as to why.

Reasonable?  As in Parkinsons injection?  How many years did Pat KNight get?  Was it three?  So thats one year more than Tony and he did win the conference his first year there.  Few if any of the same decision makers were there for both Tony and Pat.  Sorry, am unable to read racism into that one.