Societal Decline

stevenash

4 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

But they are the only ones that will not allow groups like NAMBLA  to continue to gain ground.

Liberals are the ones that couldn't care less about young children being exposed to transgenders in locker rooms and bathrooms.

They have no firm "line in the sand" on morality so with each generation it continues to move.

Liberals have so much criticism for the Christian when Christians are the ones that travel all around the globe, at their own expense,  providing help to those in need.

Not directing this at you Bullets, but there is a growing numbers of liberals in this country that have the anything goes attitude when it comes to moral issues.

Morality is a funny thing, and each generation has an idea of what is moral and what is immoral, and each generation thinks their generation is better than the ones that come afterwards.  There's a lot of stuff that is commonplace in society today (such as homosexuality and abortion) that Christians look at as societal decline.  But if i look back at the gang wars of the 80s and 90s, the rampant sexuality and drug use of the 60s and 70s, and the discrimination, segregation and racism  during and before the time periods mentioned, and all the way back to slavery and the slaughtering of native americans, it's hard for me to look back and find a time where morality was ever really all that strong of a suit for our country.

To address your point, though, when it comes to anything goes, liberals as a general rule (there are nutters on both sides of the aisle) will adhere to "anything goes if it's not hurting someone else."  the thought that any rational human being (even liberals) is going to put the rights of a pedophile before the rights of a child is ridiculous to me, as is SOME (not you) conservatives' efforts to pretend that letting two consenting adults get married is akin to a man (or woman) raping a child, and the assertion that if you support one you somehow support the other is ridiculous as well.    

10 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Morality is a funny thing, and each generation has an idea of what is moral and what is immoral, and each generation thinks their generation is better than the ones that come afterwards. That being said, when it comes to anything goes, liberals as a general rule (there are nutters on both sides of the aisle) will adhere to "anything goes if it's not hurting someone else."  the thought that any rational human being (even liberals) is going to put the rights of a pedophile before the rights of a child is ridiculous to me, as is SOME (not you) conservatives' efforts to pretend that letting two consenting adults get married is akin to a man (or woman) raping a child, and the assertion that if you support one you somehow support the other is ridiculous as well.    

I have no doubt that is ridiculous to you but many don't seem to have a problem putting the rights of a transgender (or a pedophile that will claim to be one simply for easy access) over a child.

I also have no doubt that you or any rational liberal would never do anything to put a child in harm's way, but this slippery slope of "don't hurt anyone's feelings" we are on will do just that.

The problem we are battling are there are lots of far left irrational progressive liberals out there gaining ground on these issues.

On 5/30/2016 at 0:56 PM, REBgp said:

Well sure facts matter.  Liberals have taken prayer out of school.  Created a Welfare system to perpetuate slavery.  Approved gay marriage.   Ordered High Schools to allow boys and girls to shower and change clothes together.   Those are the facts and they are irrefutable.   If you like all those things, you must be ecstatic.

When obama is gone prayer in school will continue to be an issue, gay marriage will continue to be an issue, the welfare system wasn't created to perpetuate slavery and you do know that white people and republicans are on welfare also! Some of these so called liberal approved things will have to be dealt with by all future presidents, just think about what new issues will arise in the next decade whether we have a republican or democrat in office. Society is declining and the person in office as president isn't causing the decline, its the people.(and believe it or not republicans are involved in the decline also) Two people will benefit the most from a Trump or Clinton Presidency..............Trump or Clinton!!!!!!!!!Most dems know that they are just settling for Hillary. Republicans think that Trump can change the world for the better, some are comparing him to Reagan. I wish that either one of them could make life easier for working people, do i believe this.....NO

Wow, you actually brought something of substance to the table. I agree with almost all of it. 

The thing is......people need to be led. We have no leaders. That takes a special person indeed. Immorality is running amok. We have too many shoulder shruggers. 

Do I think Hillary can lead? He'll no. Do I think Trump can lead? Possibly. 

Last great democratic leader was Kennedy. Last great republican leader was Reagan.

1 hour ago, nappyroots said:

When obama is gone prayer in school will continue to be an issue, gay marriage will continue to be an issue, the welfare system wasn't created to perpetuate slavery and you do know that white people and republicans are on welfare also! Some of these so called liberal approved things will have to be dealt with by all future presidents, just think about what new issues will arise in the next decade whether we have a republican or democrat in office. Society is declining and the person in office as president isn't causing the decline, its the people.(and believe it or not republicans are involved in the decline also) Two people will benefit the most from a Trump or Clinton Presidency..............Trump or Clinton!!!!!!!!!Most dems know that they are just settling for Hillary. Republicans think that Trump can change the world for the better, some are comparing him to Reagan. I wish that either one of them could make life easier for working people, do i believe this.....NO

The man in office is certainly the cause for the decline in the coal industry (just one example)...your point is wrong...the man and the administration matters.

We are perceived as weak around the globe because the man in office is weak.

What do you even mean by wanting the POTUS to make life easier for the working people...the only way they can do this is get out of the way and let the free market work.

Quit taxing these businesses with these ridiculous corporate tax rates (that you seem to like) and let them reinvest the money in jobs and growth...not throw it away by giving it to the fed gov.

2 hours ago, nappyroots said:

I must say nap, your response to my post shows A few discrepancies.  I never mentioned/blamed Obama specifically, although he is part of the problem.  I said liberals.  And I agree that welfare wasn't created to perpetuate slavery.  It's my understanding it was to "give someone a hand up", but has now fostered many generations who don't know how to live without it.  Also, I never said it was only blacks (and I wonder why you said that?), or democrats.  So, since all these people, black/white/brown/etc, have no idea how to sustain themselves, they must do what the Govt says to survive.  Whether it's something as simple as, you can't eat candy anymore, or something as backbreaking as, pick that cotton.  You'll do it or not eat.   They haven't done it yet, but they will someday.  Probably not in my lifetime, but it's coming.   That is a form of slavery, and I doubt you are I either one ever wants to be in that position.

And you're right, to many Republicans are equally to blame.   I'd love to know how many honest people are in our Congress.