17 hours ago, John Blutarsky said:

The Stadium itself is the largest in Houston. But it needs better turf, paved parking lot and new concessions, restrooms and locker rooms. A ski lift to get you up higher in the stands for us fat boys would be nice too.

It's larger than Tully in Spring Branch?  I know that place seats a bunch.

On 5/11/2016 at 11:14 AM, GCMPats said:

If you build it, they will come.

We can't just let everything rust and deteriorate. Stallworth was once the premiere facility in East Texas. We need to at least throw some paint on it and fix the parking lots.

I agree, I would rather throw some money and make that stadium relevant again rather then building a new stadium. Stallworth could be one of the nicest again with little love.

1 hour ago, GCMinTheFuture said:

I agree, I would rather throw some money and make that stadium relevant again rather then building a new stadium. Stallworth could be one of the nicest again with little love.

I guess my point was that $20 million for a stadium would be nice. $60 million would be over the top.

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:37 AM, RaiderRed30 said:

Highland Park will never build a new stadium. They have no room to build anything else. Just to expand the high school they had to build a basement.

The district I was talking about building a new school was Plano. They have three senior highs alone with enrollments totaling over 16k students. Highland Park is a wealthy district but very small when compared to Plano, Plano ISD already has two nice stadiums but when they were ready they could build something $60-$65 million and swallow the cost better than all these other districts except Katy. Plano ISD's operating budget last year was something like $435million, not to mention they probably have the biggest egos in Dallas so there's little to no chance they let $120+ million worth of stadiums go up within 5 miles of each other, right in their backyard, and not build anything to match.  

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:39 AM, JG1834 said:

Yeah but that money is from a bond voted on by the people in the community. They elected to raise their taxes for the specific purpose of paying for the stadium in their community. Not one dime of state funded money will go to that stadium or be taken from academic money. The citizens are electing to privately raise the funds within their community.

My point was that any time you see an astronomical amount spent on a high school stadium you start getting the detractors writing stories, like USA Today, about what could've alternatively been done with the money. You're helping me make my point when you highlight that it doesn't take away from the students in any manor.